It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'no more time travel dramas - it disrespects history" - Chinese bureau of radio, film etc..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
my friend posted this on facebook, www.kurzweilai.net...
with "Hitler wasn't supposed to have a Velociraptor army, right? Right???" (lol)

now it's dated april 11, 2011, i don't know the authenticity of the source www.chinahush.com... but it brings up an interesting concept.

Why would the Chinese, or anyone wish to keep 'time-travel dramas' from touching on important subjects of history, if not to distort the truth or even from shielding minds from the characters and events portrayed.

what is the intent of creating such films if not to bring the audience to that time and place, just an interesting prospect I came across, perhaps someone out there has heard of this and can disprove it? add your thoughts

edit on 12-11-2011 by yourmaker because: I searched for the threads and didn't find anything, my bad!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
As you said, this is old news and was discussed here at the time.
The official announcement is less direct - just that time travel dramas had been so popular in recent times that the Chinese government SUGGESTED that people try something else.

Conspiracy theorists instantly cried "coverup"!!!!

Edit - here are a couple of threads from then...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 12-11-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

join