It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy Cow!! President Obama's Biggest Lie To Date?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Not shutting down Club Gitmo was bigger.

But that was just a case of him being stupid and not knowing the facts till he got into office.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Holy Cow!! President Obama's Biggest Lie To Date?,

I do not believe he lied.

I believe that if you believe that we will disarm all of our nukes, then you are gullible.

Just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
What he meant was that he envisioned other countries without nuclear weapons, and only the US with them.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
They need all of those extra nukes in storage for the future. I will explain why, but don't forget to laugh.

See Earth Expansion theory. Basically in the future the Earth will expand to be a very large place, and so to cover the future land area they will be needing all of these extra nukes.

/sarcasm

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by neo96

Tell me, Neo. What's your happy, smiling explanation for your craving to annihilate millions - billions of people with over ten thousand nukes?

Tell me Fox what your smiling explanation to use violence to beat down a bunch of evil cops?

Yawn.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Im not a fan of he president or any former president. But in his defence he didnt lie. And there load of people talking about how he does lie and breaks promises but compare him to other presidents on politifact he has done alot better. Especially compared to some of the GOP.

Also the idea of getting rid of nukes may sound great but you havr to remember M.A.D (mutually assured destruction) it would leave us open to attack but if both countries have nukes then they are less likely to use them and persue other methods, maybe even open up talks and try to resolve the sitiuation peacefully. No countty wants there own destroyed.

To the person who said it not right one country has them and then stops others from having them. Aremyou mad? You want iran a country with known terrorist connections to have nukes really? and how can we trust them to secure thw nuclear facilitys? Its a silly arugument.
edit on 12-11-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Perhaps some of you need to refresh your memories

Look here
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Read the comments

Obama is spitting propoganda!

You can't say you will form a treaty with Russia but with loopholes.
You can't say you envision less nuclear weapons while increasing them in your term

You are philosophically taking accountability out of his hands by being apologists.
It is propoganda!
edit on 12-11-2011 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

Just as easily as Americans have forgotten 9/11, they have forgotten the lies of Mr Obama.
At 3:36 is where he states his commitment (promise), but backs down a few seconds later by saying "it may not happen in my life time.)
He is nothing but smoke and mirrors.
Thank you.
SnF

edit on 12-11-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The biggest lie Obama has told imo is when he promised to throw out ANY bill that had ANY earmarks in them and that he would go over our budget line by line to make sure America is not spending wastefully. Shortly thereafter, that stupid stimulus bill went out with thousands of EARMARKS!

I usually give someone the benefit of the doubt until I see actual proof of lying. This was the point when I realized everything that comes out of his mouth is pretty much BS. I think earmarks should be illegal, obviously special interests are too easily slipped in. If someone wants funding from the government then it should be in it's own little bill to be considered. Yes it may be more work for our politicians ...but...that's their job

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
yea made after all in the last 70 years so many nuks have goping off in the US from other countrys we need to be sure if they try again we can nuk them first.
You know honstly I would rather be nuked by another country then be the country that kills 3 billion people because well we just had to protect our selfs .Never mind that radiation is coming right back to you never mind you have just took man back to teh stone age .
personily i think ONE cem wepon is to many ONE BIO wepon is to many and ONE NUK is to many .
what killing people with booms and tanks and planes and guns isnt enopugh to sastifi your BLOOOD LUST?
oo but they may attack us . well you know what your right they may and in taht case we take the guns you .love so much and shoot back .
alest without nuks there will be people who can shoot at each other.
Intelligent lol what a JOKE you think its a great thing to be able to kill 3.5 billion in 5 mints and call your self intellgent? worse yet HUMAN (which means TO CARE by the way .
what it doesnt say is to care about killing only

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcord
The real numbers are classified. Treaties mean nothing. Who knows what we built or dismantled. There could be zero nukes or 30 times what is reported.

treaties are just a way for country's to find out how much nuclear weapons each other have and their capabilities.

and hopefully sucker one of them to actually honor it.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
In the Demo primaries,way back Obama openly supported nuclear power as an alternative source of energy,which I disagreed w/.Nuclear power gave plenty 2 his campaign.He bailed out the bankers,who supported his campaign,who have no honor.The men who lost it all in the '29 crash had the decency 2 jump out a window.These big-wigs take the gov't handouts and give each other bonuses,expensive vacations 2 Scotland,San Diego,I know 4 sure about.They have no honor,Obama was chosen,he's done everything Bush jr. did;tax cuts 4 the rich,MORE wars,more killing.The Gibson Guitar raid really says it all,anything 2 outsource American manufacturers,taking our jobs.Thing haven't gotten better,they r still on the same 4th reich NWO plan that was planned decades ago if not longer.I was born into far left democrats,they r just as corrupt as any other politician.Jesse Ventura phrased it correctly,he was a 'statesman',not a professional politician,who is not there 2 serve the country,but 2 line they're pockets w/ more gold.It's always been that way,and I don't see it changing any time soon.United we stand,divided we fall,and ofcourse,good ol' Ben F.,a mason,said it succinctly,'when u give up ur civil rights for security,you lose both',not an xact quote,but the meanings clear-go4truth

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Better to have them and not need them, than to not have then and then need them. It doesn't mean i agree with using them, but in a world that according to Steven Hawking that aliens might invade, best not to dismantle the best weapons you might have.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by KristinLynnxo
The biggest lie Obama has told imo is when he promised to throw out ANY bill that had ANY earmarks in them and that he would go over our budget line by line to make sure America is not spending wastefully. Shortly thereafter, that stupid stimulus bill went out with thousands of EARMARKS!

I usually give someone the benefit of the doubt until I see actual proof of lying. This was the point when I realized everything that comes out of his mouth is pretty much BS. I think earmarks should be illegal, obviously special interests are too easily slipped in. If someone wants funding from the government then it should be in it's own little bill to be considered. Yes it may be more work for our politicians ...but...that's their job

Know how to you can tell if a politician is lying? See if his/her lips are moving.

Definition of politics: The art of lies and deception in order to obtain goals in an agenda.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

This is his biggest lie?! Not even close. This doesn't effect anyone's life or livelihood. Let's start with all of the lies he's told about the stimulus, health care, his past associations, etc... Eventually we'll get to the nukes, but it will take a while.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by ModernAcademia

This is his biggest lie?! Not even close. This doesn't effect anyone's life or livelihood. Let's start with all of the lies he's told about the stimulus, health care, his past associations, etc... Eventually we'll get to the nukes, but it will take a while.

Not to mention ....

The U.S. Congress since Obama has been in office.

They have passed nothing that has a positive impact on the majority of citizens.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by KristinLynnxo

Know how to you can tell if a politician is lying? See if his/her lips are moving.

Definition of politics: The art of lies and deception in order to obtain goals in an agenda.

lolol
So true, I don't even know why I was surprised, I guess it's the norm!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
He said he envisioned a world free of nuclear weapons.. many presidents have said this or something to this effect, it's been getting said since before I was born and guess what, we still have nukes.

This is just Obama bashing.. he has plenty of things to be bashed for really but this is nit picking

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Get one thing straight, GITMO will never close. We just can't trust The Castro Brothers enough to not maintain a presence there.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by InformationAccount

The man said he envisioned a world free of nuclear weapons.

He didn't promise it would happen

Besides we should keep our nuclear capability, we may have to use them one day.

I actually agree with you on this point, however with that being said what right does the US have to tell other nations they can not do the same thing as we have done or are currently doing?

You maintain superiority not by defeating the enemy, but rather by depriving the enemy of the ability to stand against you before they have a chance to rise.

Unless, of course, the object is to build up the enemy so that you can build up your own capability to stand againt their future threat, which you are enabling.

So in America's case we have apparently decided to limit the rise of Iran, while encouraging the rise of China.

Someone is trying to balance out religious/polical ideology to favor themselves me thinks.
edit on 13-11-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I Never Trusted Him Tbh

<< 1   >>

join