It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where the nukes are: Map shows nuclear material spread across United States

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Where the nukes are: Map shows nuclear material spread across United States

news.yahoo.com

More than likely, there's highly radioactive nuclear material not too far from you right now. The hair-raising map above, compiled by Mother Jones magazine using data from the Defense Department and nuclear watchdog groups, lets you see just where those warheads are
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
motherjones.com

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Just not smart in my eyes. I understand that it's heavily guarded and considered as untouchable... but so was America before 9/11. Think what would happen if one of these nukes got into the hands of a terrorist cell. It would be "24" the real life version.

I don't understand why the watchdog group would want to post this for.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

Cant find this in my recent
2nd

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Funny how they keep attacking countries/groups for the the possibility of having WMDs, yet hold the most for themselves. Hmmmm...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghandi
Funny how they keep attacking countries/groups for the the possibility of having WMDs, yet hold the most for themselves. Hmmmm...

Well those nukes are probably what kept WW3 from happening, and the US has the least amount of nukes it has had for quite a long time.

They did miss the storage areas at Kirtland AFB in the monzano mountains

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

Yup, that is the greatest irony of them all!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Not very wise for the US to publish this info in my opinion. I'm pretty certain other countries in the nuclear club keep this info secret. Now potential enemies with capabilities know where to aim. If it is accurate.
facepalm.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghandi

Actually, Russia holds the most Nukes, almost double the US.

But since my paycheck never came this week ill say the US holds the most. (Joke)

Im speaking, in the cargo hold so to speak with the WMD line there.
edit on 11-11-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dembow
Not very wise for the US to publish this info in my opinion. I'm pretty certain other countries in the nuclear club keep this info secret. Now potential enemies with capabilities know where to aim. If it is accurate.
facepalm.

It's my understanding that nukes have to be detonated. They won't go off if bombed. Could be wrong though...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Most of the locations shown are nuclear power plants.
batchgeo.com...
edit on 11-11-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

Oh I know, but a strike could render the weapons and installations useless. Then again this could be obsolete info or irrelevant militarily if you think about subs etc.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Athin
Just not smart in my eyes.

I don't understand why the watchdog group would want to post this for.
And yet you saw fit to publicize it even further.

Pot, meet kettle.

If they find this map in the papers seized from a terrorist plot, someone's not going to be too happy.

On the other hand, these aren't the best kept secrets. Anyone can find out where the nuke plants are, that's easy.

No reason to publicize the location of nuclear labs and weapons storage though, that I can see.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The map is generic and useless...

None of those locations are "secret"...Barksdale AFB, gee they have nukes there?

The real "terrorists" have blueprints for all facilities, supplied by G.E.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Actually, Russia holds the most Nukes, almost double the US.

Most of them are tactical.

The current ``launch now`` nukes numbers : US : 822 delivery systems and 1,790 warheads
Russia : 516 delivery systems and 1,566 nuclear warheads

The US have the advantage on the nukes and a even bigger advantage in conventional war.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

I think it's great. I know what places I shouldn't live near now. Thanks for posting this, might save me a lot of trouble in the future/

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I have a map that looks like that one which I made using google for a few hours. The information is already out there and readily available, and if a chick with a laptop can find most of those points with a search engine everyone but the Chinese can use, then I'm sure terrorists and others with incentive to attack such locations would have muuuuch better detail than a google map.

The Russians already knew where the west kept our nukes when they were still the USSR. NATO knew where the USSR's nukes were, and vice versa, and that there were more than enough which would reach their targets on both sides however many silos and launch sites got knocked out in the first salvo. It was part of the strategy that made MAD successful and kept NATO and the USSR from ending all life on the planet with a few bad moves. It's also why cold war era fallout maps depicted the midwest as a decimated wasteland of radioactivity and death.

Hardly a major intel breach. A survivalist with google can produce the same thing. Good information to have, though.

Edit to add: there's also a website for practically every US military base in existence. If it's something you can find out with google, it is not a secret.
edit on 12-11-2011 by nithaiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
nice post and all BUT I live in South Carolina and a few of those "Nuclear Plants" don't even exist, soooo bro you mad?
edit on 12-11-2011 by ZeroUnlmtd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I zoomed in on the Michigan sites and one was 20 miles off the other has been closed for 20 years and is gone.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
I zoomed in on the Michigan sites and one was 20 miles off the other has been closed for 20 years and is gone.

Yes. I believe I could do better than the map did. Some obvious and what I consider "common knowledge" places are not mentioned-- which is fine by me.

Why don't we show the maps of, say, France, Germany, and China for comparison?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frira
Why don't we show the maps of, say, France, Germany, and China for comparison?

Okay here is our Nuke storage facility in the Netherlands... have a look on GE

Volkel, Uden, Netherlands
+51° 39' 27.92", +5° 42' 8.09"

Google Hides Military Base

And I know where there are some old but good shape Russian ICBM's with mobile launchers just abandoned. Anyone up for a little excursion?

Here is the spot on GE

Terra Server just has a black rectangle....

and Bing uses cloned landscape

I had on of our 'agents' take a look and he sent some photos...

So any takers? Seems a shame to just leave that stuff get rusty

edit on 12-11-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join