It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings From NH!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Greetings everyone! Single Mom of two teenagers living in Northern NH. I am a huge science buff and am constantly looking at issues up there in space rather than those down here on Earth. I am more apt to be found talking away on those posts. I am a survivalist, herbalist, wildcrafter and goat keeper. I DO admit that I am prone to triple check the BOB bag to see if it has adequate amounts of paracord and duct tape.
This very much amuses almost everyone who knows me.

It's been fun to read through everyones post. I love the diversity in topics, opinions and friendly banter.
I'm a pretty easy going, laid back forum person but I look forward to knowing you!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Welcome! Great to meet another kindred spirit
Hope you have fun and learn a lot here.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by moondancer811

Welcome Moondancer. I've spent a lot of time in NH - mostly in the summer, thank god.

My wife's family is from there - a little town called Effingham...not far from Ossipee. They have a camp on Province Lake which is really beautiful. I even get to visit my boat up there every once in a while.

Look forward to seeing you 'round the forums...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Thank you!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Where is NH? is it New Hampshire? and is it a cold place?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Hi there, yes it is New Hampshire, in the USA. It is cold from October until March, temps in that time range from 0 degrees to 55 degrees with heavy snow fall. April through September, 55 degrees to 90 degrees with wet springs and humid summers.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Looks great in your pic
a real winter wonderland

Are the Alipache mountains there? (Yes I know I spelt it wrong but I can't remember the name of them) the one's Bill Bryson wrote about.
Oh and welcome

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Reply to moondancer:
Hi moondancer, welcome to the forum! With two teenagers, you have a handful already! Your being ready with a "BOB" is just good insurance, for whatever the "occasion". Good work!

It does sounds as if you are enjoying it here already, so just join right into the discussions!!

:
edit on 22-11-2011 by rdunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Yes! Bill Bryson wrote "A Walk in the Woods" Did you read it, he's such a funny guy and did sum it up. I live in the part of the AT, which isn't very big but it's all mountains. The hardest part of the walk.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Yup I read it and from the book I always said I would walk it one day

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rdunk

Thank you! Yes, I am pretty much at home now. Lovin' all the great regulars on the Survival forum. Good people.
Cheers!!

top topics

join