It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have doomed ourselves!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by schitzoandro

I have watched that movie and outside of the mystery sun man with no clothes and molting skin, I found it odd those people kept staring at the sun so close to it when you can go blind looking at in from underneath earth's atmosphere, not to mention spontaneously combusting on EVA's.

Most sci fi movies are really kind of irritating to me, I watch solely for the kinds of video special effects they can manage, the stories are incredibly stupid usually. Is it really feasible to think a single weapon could restart a star's nuclear fission? The sun could gobble up the earth with hardly a burp. Yet I was strangely engaged in watching it, probably avoiding work.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by schitzoandro

If or when it becomes economically thrifty to transport massive, well, mass, millions of miles through space I don't think that treaty would mean anything, just like China drilling for oil in the Gulf of Mexico, they drill it they can sell it or use it themselves.

You are missing the point. The Potential is HUGE! We on earth are running out of everything FAST!
Room, real estate, over population, polution global warming ect ect.... You want to buy some land on my moon? Cha ching!

Oh so your want to come to my non polluted mars? No disease here. Oh did swine flu destroy you planet? ahh soo sad I have room for 30 people cha ching!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

i agree completely, i think what really made that movie interesting to me was that i read they were assisted by some 50 or so nuclear physicists and such in creating a relatively realistic idea for the movie, or for the concept, i can't remember where... i think actually it is on the dvd special features... but really, the images and special effects drew me in, but i always like when they get real people to assist with a fictional story... but i do agree, it was very odd, like most of danny boyle's creations... www.imdb.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kargun

hey no, sorry, i didn't mean to make it seem like i missed the point, i completely get the point, and i totally agree, , i was distracted... but seriously, can i purchase the dark side of the moon from you? name your price... i have an idea to put a couple refueling stations, you know, those people travelling to their new condo's on mars are going to need to stop and get gas!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Hello all! Well, you know what is generally said about ownership - - "Possession is 9/10ths of the law"! And that does pretty much apply, until someone comes along and, by whatever means, can dispossess the possessor. If we earthlings can't even get "possession" right here on Earth (without fighting and war), how does anyone expect us to get it right off-planet, without some very major policy changes, and some "extra-planetary" agreements amongst all interested parties??

While we are still just beginning to scratch the extra-planetary surfaces, now would be a good time to get all of this stuff straight. It does cost a lot of money to do the extra-planetary stuff, and somehow "he who pays for the exploratory" must receive appropriate consideration of any resulting financial returns/benefits. Such financial considerations would remunerate for the exploration, and highly incentivize future explorations, by both governmental institutions and private parties. Probably start fighting to see who can get there first!

We just have a long way to go to even get started with this, and even more to learn about how to do it "together, as "Earth" projects outward. No matter how large or small countries of the earth are, as we "go outward", all are "pretty small potatoes", relative to the gargantuan challenge of the exploration of our solar system. We do need an Earth plan!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join