It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what a difference 4 years makes...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
listening to bush tonight got me thinking. how has your life changed in the last four years? for the better or for the worse? four years ago my little family of 5 was quite happy and content. my husband of 11 yrs(now 15) had his own business for 13 years, not making alot but enough for us. our schools were doing good, i had just had our 3 child and things were great. fast forward to today... my husbands business has just about gone down the drain, for the self-employed the problems he's faced is the rising cost of supplies, gas, insurance, health insurance, etc coupled with the lower prices that are being paid for the same work, less construction going on, and an influx of others trying to find work has just about wiped out this family run business. i've been a stay at home mom for my entire marriage, have a college degree, and trying to go back to work and compete with the younger workers and those who have lost their job is very hard. even with a degree still no job after 9 months. our schools lost 12 million dollars in state and local funding because of budget cuts and we only have 6 schools in our small, rural distric. that means losing programs, supplies, bus drivers subing, sports getting cut, property taxes raised, and the supply list are horrendous. the cost of everything is rising, but our income is not. my family of 5 went from a comfortable income of 25,000 a year to less than 12,000 this year. we still work hard, pay our mortgage and taxes, but my kids are suffering. no new clothes, minimal school supplies, no vacations, had to get medicaide because we lost our insurance,my 14 yr old had to give up the trumpet he's been playing for 4 years- to keep him off the street and help for college- and he's good, but the extracurricular activities were dropped. sorry but there is nothing that bush has done to help me. we didn't even qualify for the child tax credit because we don't pay "taxes". well with the self employed you still paid taxes, 2700.00 this year alone, but it's not income tax so we didn't get the refund.
so has any one else had a change?which way? this is the deciding vote for me. i just don't think we can survive for much longer with bush in office, can you?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
wantthetruth: Join us over here
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Keep on smiling

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I sympathize with you we share the same disappointments and pain that this administration has given us in the last 4 years.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
You have a lot of company on this one. How's anyone supposed to live anymore?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I had a good job before Bush got into office, in 2003 I lost it. Haven't been able to find much work since.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I feel your pain! 50% pay cut, 50% increase in health insurance. When Bubba was prez, jobs were plentiful, now....

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
You guys have to be kidding. I don't think the original post is true or there is a lot more to the story.

Come on. Don't you think people lost their jobs during Clinton's era? We could write the same stories then. And the crash did start during Clinton's escapades. Bush inherited a bad economic situation.

And I have more money because of the tax cuts. Remember those?

top topics

join