It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Bush @ RNC2004 - Full Transcript.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Clicky

The transcript is up pretty quick so i thought i'd get it to ya.

To everything we know there is a season � a time for sadness, a time for struggle, a time for rebuilding. And now we have reached a time for hope. This young century will be liberty's century. By promoting liberty abroad, we will build a safer world. By encouraging liberty at home, we will build a more hopeful America. Like generations before us, we have a calling from beyond the stars to stand for freedom. This is the everlasting dream of America � and tonight, in this place, that dream is renewed. Now we go forward � grateful for our freedom, faithful to our cause, and confident in the future of the greatest nation on earth.

Did anyone else find his use of religious terminology very frequently quite unnerving?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
"religious terminology"? Its that all you have? C'mon Nerdling, give us something to argue about!

IMO one of if not the best speach this President has ever given. A solid end to an excellent convention.

[edit on 9/2/04 by Seth Bullock]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Problem I have with that quote is that actualy, with his current politics, the world is scared of the US and feels un"free" to do what they see is fit and needed, without asking the US first.

And making the US Citizens free? By patriot acts and by "if your not with us your against us"? How free is that?

Republicans are touting the horn of freedom but play the fidle of fascisme, zero tolerance, only their way or the highway.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I wasn't a bad speech at all, as speeches go.

But the NY Govenor SUCKED IMHO. And he wants to run in 2008.

Anyhoo, Edwards speaking live now. Kerry to speak at midnight.

And do not miss the Daily show repeat either tonight or tomorrow.

The ZELL ON EARTH coverage is top drawer. Plus McCain is on...looking really embarassed by his party.

new topics

top topics

join