It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are UK and Europe Prepared to Back Israel with USA?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It appears that my liberal democrat friends in the UK and Europe are quite certain that a World War scenario will never pass Parliament. But does a World War III scenario need to go through the Parliament? The last few wars here in the US could be on record as technically illegal as we never voted for such wars either. Governments and Military's are always willing to break the laws in times of war and especially if an immediate response to an attack is necessary.

What is the public's reaction and response to all of this WWIII war talks?
edit on 11-11-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
As an european I`ll never support a war that is pure economic interest ...NO WAY !
edit on 11-11-2011 by AQ6666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I think only military grunts will support the war. However, does the war necessarily have to go through the people's vote? I don't think so. Can anybody help me understand UK's and Europe's response here. Are they going to participate?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I know the UK and European people will never support it but the criminals in charge will go for it.

No doubt getting some personal benefits for doing so too.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Don't think there's an appetite anywhere in Europe for war at the moment, would have to be something major, or they'd have to be threatened directly. Things can change though, but the eurozone crisis is the most pressing issue

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MortlitantiFMMJ
Don't think there's an appetite anywhere in Europe for war at the moment, would have to be something major, or they'd have to be threatened directly. Things can change though, but the eurozone crisis is the most pressing issue
**I would echo the same sentiments for many here in the states.People are too busy trying to survive.
edit on 11-11-2011 by AgentX09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Many here are saying no to war because the economy is bad..

The problem is, many wars start because of that very reason..

WWII started during the depression remember..

Now whether the depression started it or the leaders wanted an excuse is for another thread.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I recently read that the Luftwaffe (German Airforce) is preparing their pilots for possible missions in Iran. I sure do hope that it doesn't come to that. Europe has no business interfering in the Middle East, especially not with the way Israel is behaving right now.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if Germany was pretty much blackmailed into supporting Israel.
If Germany were to refuse military aid, the whole "You owe it to the Jewish people" and "Germany is still anti-semitic because they're not helping Israel defend itself" crap would come up again.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
To be honest a large portion of the UK just does not care, they are too busy watching The X-Factor to even consider what impact it would have on them.

Our Liberal Democrat Gov is not really very liberal or democratic either and they just do what ever TPTB want. Before the Iraq war started atleast 1 million people marched in London the gov did not care!!

We have a pretty large arms industry here aswell so they will be lobbying in parliment.

If it comes to a vote in Parliment they will vote yes for an attack. They have a track record of voting whatever the gov says. The Gov goes as far as telling them how to vote. Maybe a few backbenchers will vote against.

This is the state of democracy in the UK, look at this voting record for a national referendum on the EU . They vote to decide if we get a vote and we were lucky they even did that.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBar
To be honest a large portion of the UK just does not care, they are too busy watching The X-Factor to even consider what impact it would have on them.

Our Liberal Democrat Gov is not really very liberal or democratic either and they just do what ever TPTB want. Before the Iraq war started atleast 1 million people marched in London the gov did not care!!

We have a pretty large arms industry here aswell so they will be lobbying in parliment.

If it comes to a vote in Parliment they will vote yes for an attack. They have a track record of voting whatever the gov says. The Gov goes as far as telling them how to vote. Maybe a few backbenchers will vote against.

This is the state of democracy in the UK, look at this voting record for a national referendum on the EU . They vote to decide if we get a vote and we were lucky they even did that.

Yup that's what I figured same with American population as well. I am following these talks as close as I did the North Korea talks last year. I bet if I asked any of the people on campus what was going on in Iran they would probably first think I was talking about Iraq because they don't know what Iran is.... This is why the government is allowed to govern without people vote, because people don't know what's going on!
edit on 12-11-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

The educational system has a lot of answer for in the way it teaches (or more specifically doesn't) the young. The kind of selective teaching I've seen in mine and my partners children seems to cherry pick at history to create certain illusions that make manipulating us and our freedoms that much easier.

So I really do not think there is anyway avoiding what is to come, besides which with all the doom and gloom I really do feel most people I know (including myself) are getting to the point of being so depressed by what is going on that they simply don't/won't give a F if we go to war or not as in my experience depressed people are easier to manipulate.

Finally the military treaty between the UK and France should be a reg flag for the world.. it seems to me when you read a bit of history, every time the UK joins military forces with either France or Germany it usually does not bode well for the world.
edit on 12/11/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Just a couple years ago Germany had close ties with mainland China and supported the "One China" Policy.

That all changed last year and they sold massive amounts of military hardware to Taiwan. They decommissioned early almost ALL of their submarines and I bet they're now sitting in Taiwan's ports.

Germany wants China's energy resources cut off. Attacking Iran to cut China off from oil there is Germany's necessity.

The Nazi Kaiser Wilhelm Society, now called the Max Planck Society in Germany...where all their mad scientists work to create death weapons........those German Scientists are scared to death China's going to surpass them and create methods to kill.....

Which would give China control of Earth.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Truth be told, no I'm not prepared to back Israel, and I'm from the U.S. Of course, I'll be drug into a war because most of my countrymen and our officials lack common sense when it comes to Israel.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

What is the public's reaction and response to all of this WWIII war talks?

What WW3 talk
.........the only talk of war I've seen is about WW1 & WW2.......and other smaller wars.......but that's because it's "Remembrance Sunday" tomorrow.

Noone is talking about WW3.......except on this forum of course.

Anyone who seriously thinks that any action over Iran is going to create WW3 is hyping it big time.
edit on 12-11-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

If you think that "the people" in any country have any say in wether we go to war or not, regardless of who it is.......then you are very naive.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Logical one

Noone is talking about WW3.......except on this forum of course.

Anyone who seriously thinks that any action over Iran is going to create WW3 is hyping it big time.:

Maybe you just don't watch TV or read papers..
I've seen mention of WWIII in many places other than here..

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipleadthe5th

You must be watching the comedy channel or reading comics then?

Seriously talk of WW3 is for excited school boys with no knowledge of history or warfare.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

You must be watching the comedy channel or reading comics then?

Seriously talk of WW3 is for excited school boys with no knowledge of history or warfare.

Yeah right mate..
I guess anyone that doesn't agree with you is seriously flawed in your opinion..
Glad I don't share that trait.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

It appears that my liberal democrat friends in the UK and Europe are quite certain that a World War scenario will never pass Parliament. But does a World War III scenario need to go through the Parliament?

IMO i don't think that parliment must pass it for it be allowed, and im not even sure that they were calling it WW2 back while it was happening, so why would they label it now? Also what we call "WW2" is really just a collection of wars that were happening all around the world, with one major force behind it at that time, and i think the name was adopted after it happened(i may very well be mistaken on this)

The last few wars here in the US could be on record as technically illegal as we never voted for such wars either. Governments and Military's are always willing to break the laws in times of war and especially if an immediate response to an attack is necessary.

War declared by our country on another does not have to go through a legal precident with the public to be declared.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Yeah right mate..
I guess anyone that doesn't agree with you is seriously flawed in your opinion..
Glad I don't share that trait.

So do tell......how is attacking Iran going to create World War 3?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join