It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Russian spacecraf Phobos-Grunt is a biological weapon?? The untold facts:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Nope, this thread shouldn't be in the Space Exploration topic, because there's something HUGE going on behind this other failure of Russian space agency and after you see all the factors of the equation put together, you will figure it out by yourself.

(...)Once near Mars, Phobos-Grunt will launch a Chinese-made satellite into Martian orbit, then perform maneuvers before landing on the moon Phobos orbiting some 6,000 kilometers above the Martian surface. Once on the tiny 27-km by 19-km moon, the spacecraft will collect samples for return to Earth on a built-in rocket. “The Phobos-Grunt mission will be the next step toward accomplishing a full Mars sample return mission and is a dress rehearsal for it,” says Louis Friedman, executive Director of the Planetary Society, a space advocacy organization that he founded with the late Carl Sagan.

The Planetary Society supports plans for returning samples from Phobos for analysis and also has its own experiment on the Phobos-Grunt probe consisting of a capsule carrying the living interplanetary flight experiment (LIFE). “LIFE is a container resembling a hockey puck that is 56 mm in diameter and 18 mm thick and weighing about 100 grams,” Friedman says. “It will hold 30 small tubes, each 3 millimeters in diameter, of terrestrial microorganisms.” The experiment will test the survivability of these microbes during 34 months in space

“Between us and our European collaborators that include the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow State University, the American Type Culture Collection, and the Institute for Aerospace Medicine in Germany, we are sending three strains of Bacillus subtilis, Deinococcus radiodurans, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, seeds of Arabidopsis thaliana, Haloarcula marismortui, and tardigrades [microscopic, water-dwelling, segmented animals known as water bears], each in triplicate to obtain better science results,” says David Warmflash, a member of the Planetary Society and an associate with the National Astrobiology Institute and National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Johnson Space Center in Houston, Tex. “We have included representatives of the three domains of life on Earth: bacteria, eukaryota, and archaea(...)”

forms.asm.org...

edit on 11/11/2011 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

So on the radar, this spacecraft is loaded with living micro-organisms and supposed to deliver them in Phobos for an experiment of surviving capabilities in the space, but BELOW the radar, at least 3 of these micro-organisms species have a very creepy profile:

Bacillus subtilis:

Bacilli are an extremely diverse group of bacteria that include both the causative agent of anthrax (Bacillus anthracis)

microbewiki.kenyon.edu...

Deinococcus radiodurans:

D. radiodurans is capable of withstanding an acute dose of 5,000 Gy of ionizing radiation with almost no loss of viability, and an acute dose of 15,000 Gy with 37% viability.[9][10][11] A dose of 5,000 Gy is estimated to introduce several hundred double-strand breaks (DSBs) into the organism's DNA (~0.005 DSB/Gy/Mbp (haploid genome)). For comparison, a chest X-ray or Apollo mission involves about 1 mGy, 5 Gy can kill a human, 200-800 Gy will kill E. coli, and over 4,000 Gy will kill the radiation-resistant tardigrade.

en.wikipedia.org...

Saccharomyces cerevisiae:

Recent evidence indicates the involvement of S. cerevisiae in a range of superficial and systemic diseases. Numerous cases of S. cerevisiae-induced vaginitis have been documented as have cases of oropharyngeal infection. Potentially fatal systemic disease due to S. cerevisiae has been recorded in bone marrow transplant patients and in those immunocompromised as a result of cancer or AIDS. A number of studies have indicated that commercially available strains of S. cerevisiae may cause disease in certain individuals.

www.sciencedirect.com...

ASCA are consistently higher in frequency in Crohn's disease. Yeast cause a three-fold increase in lymphocyte proliferation relative to normal controls.[19] The ASCA antibodies are also more frequently found in familial Crohn's disease.

en.wikipedia.org...

One of these micro-organisms might be a causative agent of anthrax, other causes several systemic diseases and another is highly resistance to radiation. I didn't research the others, but it seems that Phobos-Grunt is actually a biological weapon.

1st hypothesis: This spacecraft is purposely "stuck" in Earth's orbit, to cause a massive disaster.

2nd hypothesis: In the early '80s the former Russian pilot Col. Marina Popovich, who also was married to cosmonaut Pavel Popovich, stunned the world saying that Phobos is an alien space station. In case of this spacecraft was really headed to Phobos, perhaps "someone" just intercepted it, what makes me think if the Russians aren't in the middle of some interplanetary cold war.

The first hypothesis is the most scary, because might be the ultimate crime of TPTB against mankind: A supersonic bomb loaded with toxic fuel and causative agents of several diseases.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Double post.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Something I forgot to tell: This Phobos-Grunt mission violates the Outer Space Treaty of 1967:

pubs.acs.org...
history.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Double post again.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

You know water is deadly if used inappropriately?

Bacillus subtilis is found in soil and used in laundry detergent. Also makes for a good treatment for urinary tract disease.

Saccharomyces cerevisiae is a yeast...need I say more?

So, unless the Russians are looking to make some bread or sort out the martians urinary tract issues, how does a hockey puck sized object pose ANY threat to Mars OR Earth?

And we can scratch Mars now, since it's stuck in earth's orbit...So, how will this supersonic bomb hockey puck loaded with toxic fuel laundry detergent and causative agents of several diseases yeast harm us again?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
You also forgot to include the rest of the sentence you posted in regards to the bacillus bacteria family.
"Bacilli are an extremely diverse group of bacteria that include both the causative agent of anthrax (Bacillus anthracis) as well as several species that synthesize important antibiotics."

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Sounds harmless after reading about them.

Snippet:

The Society is sending this simulated meteoroid to test an important aspect of the transpermia hypothesis--that life may be able to travel between planets inside space rocks, blasted from one planetary surface to another.

Inside the patented Phobos LIFE “biomodule,” along with a larger soil sample container, are thirty tiny tubes, each just three millimeters across. They contain millions of non-pathogenic organisms from all three domains of life: bacteria, archaea, and eukaryota. The eukaryota include hundreds of plant seeds, and scores of little critters called Tardigrades. Seen under a microscope, these animals somewhat resemble their nickname--Water Bears. They are the most complex organisms making the round trip, which will last approximately three years.

source: www.planetary.org...
edit on 11-11-2011 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Reminds me of an old Stephen King movie, Maximum Overdrive. All the machines in the world come to life and start killing people, and at the end, it's revealed it was caused by a UFO that is then blown up by what the narration calls a "russian weather satellite armed with laser cannons and nuclear warheads". Cheesy, I know, but it got me thinking that the governments, the U.S., and the Russians, probably have orbital platform capabilities that no one without a high clearance would know about. They've launched a lot of satellites into space. I'd reckon atleast one or two of them would have been funded by some sort of black budget type deal.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Guys, you do realize that those bacteria are now in space where various radiation flows occur? Those bacteria organisms going trough gene mutation as we speak.

I do remember NASA was saying, that in general observations those mutations make bacteria / organisms 10 - 100x times stronger...

So indeed, rapture is near

edit on 2011.11.11 by amfis because:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
We'll be fine as long as those seeds aren't little Monsanto frankenstein hybrids.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

You know water is deadly if used inappropriately?

Bacillus subtilis is found in soil and used in laundry detergent. Also makes for a good treatment for urinary tract disease.

Saccharomyces cerevisiae is a yeast...need I say more?

So, unless the Russians are looking to make some bread or sort out the martians urinary tract issues, how does a hockey puck sized object pose ANY threat to Mars OR Earth?

And we can scratch Mars now, since it's stuck in earth's orbit...So, how will this supersonic bomb hockey puck loaded with toxic fuel laundry detergent and causative agents of several diseases yeast harm us again?

Just because they say it's just a "hockey puck" sized container, it doesn't mean it REALLY IS. I assume nobody here is that naive to believe in information that's officially released by certain nations, concerning space race.
And since we live in a planet where biological warfare is common, why should I disregard the hypothesis that two highly militarized superpower nations, are not attempting to put a biological weapon in orbit?? Because the shill on ATS said so???

I don't think so!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Double post.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by powderganger
You also forgot to include the rest of the sentence you posted in regards to the bacillus bacteria family.
"Bacilli are an extremely diverse group of bacteria that include both the causative agent of anthrax (Bacillus anthracis) as well as several species that synthesize important antibiotics."

I do not forgot. The link is there for anyone check the whole article. As far as the discussion is about BIOLOGICAL WARFARE, the pertinent information is concerning the fact that the bacilli is causative agent of anthrax. If I was discussing MEDICAL applications, instead of WARFARE applications, I would have used the rest of the sentence.

It's what they call being pragmatical.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by powderganger

I do not forgot. The link is there for anyone check the whole article. As far as the discussion is about BIOLOGICAL WARFARE, the pertinent information is concerning the fact that the bacilli is causative agent of anthrax. If I was discussing MEDICAL applications, instead of WARFARE applications, I would have used the rest of the sentence.

It's what they call being pragmatical.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by amfis
Guys, you do realize that those bacteria are now in space where various radiation flows occur? Those bacteria organisms going trough gene mutation as we speak.

I do remember NASA was saying, that in general observations those mutations make bacteria / organisms 10 - 100x times stronger...

Nice call buddy:

The mission involved a study lead by Arizona State University biologist Cheryl Nickerson that shows spaceflight affects the strength of salmonella, a germ that causes diarrhea and food poisoning. "Most of us have experienced a salmonella food borne infection, and it's not pleasant," Nickerson says.
While the shuttle orbited Earth, one of the astronauts turned a crank on a special canister. This mixed the bacteria with some food so that they started to grow. Then the shuttle headed home.
"These samples were recovered incredibly quickly off of the shuttle upon landing," Nickerson says.
Stronger, Faster Bacteria Within a couple of hours, before the bacteria could readjust to life on Earth, the scientists used them to infect mice. These mice ended up doing much worse than animals infected with bacteria grown on earth. "They got sick quicker and they ultimately succumbed to the infection quicker," Nickerson says. This is the first time anyone has shown that bacteria can become more dangerous after spaceflight, Nickerson says. Previous studies had shown that some bacteria grow faster in space, or seem better able to resist antibiotics.

www.npr.org...

These microorganisms aboard of Phobos-Grunt might have become more lethal.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by amfis

Nice call buddy:

The mission involved a study lead by Arizona State University biologist Cheryl Nickerson that shows spaceflight affects the strength of salmonella, a germ that causes diarrhea and food poisoning. "Most of us have experienced a salmonella food borne infection, and it's not pleasant," Nickerson says.
While the shuttle orbited Earth, one of the astronauts turned a crank on a special canister. This mixed the bacteria with some food so that they started to grow. Then the shuttle headed home.
"These samples were recovered incredibly quickly off of the shuttle upon landing," Nickerson says.
Stronger, Faster Bacteria Within a couple of hours, before the bacteria could readjust to life on Earth, the scientists used them to infect mice. These mice ended up doing much worse than animals infected with bacteria grown on earth. "They got sick quicker and they ultimately succumbed to the infection quicker," Nickerson says. This is the first time anyone has shown that bacteria can become more dangerous after spaceflight, Nickerson says. Previous studies had shown that some bacteria grow faster in space, or seem better able to resist antibiotics.

www.npr.org...

These microorganisms aboard of Phobos-Grunt might have become more lethal.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
There's radiation inside nuclear reactors. Doesn't lead to deadlier bugs in them. Why should it in space, then?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Plain and simple paranoia fanning. There are numerous species of ALL the bacteria families. Some are pathogenic, some are not. Just cause one is has no bearing on the others. You are tretching so far with this thread that you're liable to break. You want to be paranoid about something? Worry about all the toxic fuel coming back down on our heads. The bacterial cultures are the least of your worries. You have more dangerous stuff growing in your mouth right now.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join