It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While Kerry risked his life in Vietnam. . .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
. . . G. W. Bush was playing in Alabama

Allison remembers encountering George W. Bush in the parking lot, urinating on a car, and hearing later about how he'd yelled obscenities at police officers that night. Bush left a house he'd rented in Montgomery trashed -- the furniture broken, walls damaged and a chandelier destroyed, the Birmingham News reported in February. "He was just a rich kid who had no respect for other people's possessions," Mary Smith, a member of the family who rented the house, told the newspaper, adding that a bill sent to Bush for repairs was never paid. And a month later, in December, during a visit to his parents' home in Washington, Bush drunkenly challenged his father to go "mano a mano," as has often been reported.

Around the same time, for the 1972 Christmas holiday, the Allisons met up with the Bushes on vacation in Hobe Sound, Fla. Tension was still evident between Bush and his parents. Linda was a passenger in a car driven by Barbara Bush as they headed to lunch at the local beach club. Bush, who was 26 years old, got on a bicycle and rode in front of the car in a slow, serpentine manner, forcing his mother to crawl along. "He rode so slowly that he kept having to put his foot down to get his balance, and he kept in a weaving pattern so we couldn't get past," Allison recalled. "He was obviously furious with his mother about something, and she was furious at him, too."

salon.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Yes! Please keep up bringing Vietnam! Just watch Kerry's poll numbers tumble! 4 months in Vietnam, 3 Purple Hearts, and no blood.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I posted this in the mudpit too and it got ignored like yours, but it was a great article. I guess the Liberals have seen it and the Conservatives, well, you know, they are blind when anything resembling facts come to the surface with regards to Bush.

Cheers.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Yes! Please keep up bringing Vietnam! Just watch Kerry's poll numbers tumble! 4 months in Vietnam, 3 Purple Hearts, and no blood.

Yes, its much better than being a draft dodger. At least Clinton had the cajones to admit what he did to avoid the draft.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
G.W. Bush must of been just following the lead of the previous President.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Weller,

You posted this previosly and I missed it, sorry about that, I like your signature.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Weller,

You posted this previosly and I missed it, sorry about that, I like your signature.

Oh, no problem, I'm still new and thought I broke some rules of engagement. Take care, thanks for the response!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Again as I have posted in the Campaign 2004 Forum as well as other threads. Its really a simple question. Why you can dry Bush's service in the guards as dodging etc. he chose not to make it a cornerstone of his campaign. Kerry did. He has already admitted to fabricating the Cambodia issue. What else is there? Either his campaign staff knew about the issues of his service or he has told the lies long enough that he believes them now, He opened the pandoras box. Now despite the attempt to turn the issue into Bush's guard service, the questions about his won't go away.

The easy way out of this: Come clean with everything......

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I'm a draft-dodger! I never carried a draft card until I was 21 years old and by then I was ineligible for the draft. I am so ashamed of myself.

How did I do it? How did I, not only avoid the draft, but avoid even carrying a draft card for so long? I enlisted when I was seventeen! I was in Vietnam before my nineteenth birthday!

Oh, how ashamed I am to be in the same class as the likes of GW Bush who enlisted in the Air National Guard and served two years on active duty! Oh, how shameful that I am in a class with Bill Clinton who avoided the draft by promising to enroll in ROTC in college, but who failed even to do that!

Oh, for shame! Oh, for shame! How will I ever face my fellow baby boomers who signed up for he draft en masse and selflessly put themselves in harm's way by facing the lottery year after year!

I can not bear this burden!

[edit on 04/9/2 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Again as I have posted in the Campaign 2004 Forum as well as other threads. Its really a simple question. Why you can dry Bush's service in the guards as dodging etc. he chose not to make it a cornerstone of his campaign. Kerry did. He has already admitted to fabricating the Cambodia issue. What else is there? Either his campaign staff knew about the issues of his service or he has told the lies long enough that he believes them now, He opened the pandoras box. Now despite the attempt to turn the issue into Bush's guard service, the questions about his won't go away.

The easy way out of this: Come clean with everything......

Neither Bush or Kerry made it an issue, the Republican morons surrounding Bush in the 2000 election made it a point to be investigated when they decided to question McCain and Cleland. When you do that while representing a candidate like Bush with a past like his your just asking for it.

Bush can deny it all he wants but he knew what they were doing back in 2000 and its pretty obvious by the resignations of the recent lawyers on his campaign staff that he probably knew what the Swift Boaters were going to do. If not, then he should have and he also should have realized it would raise the issue again.

top topics

join