It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A moment of silence for the fallen of OWS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
"A young man was fatally shot Thursday evening just yards from the Occupy Oakland encampment outside City Hall."

in all the chaos of OWS a man has lost his life, now please stop for one moment and think about this and think of his family, his friends, his mother, father & the sadness ......................................................................................
Now, think about the familys, friends, mothers, fathers & the sadness of all the peaple that are suffering from the take over of the worlds banks. if anything we should take from this the sadness of what the world has came to.

full story

Now please know this is just one side of the story so don't teabag me for posting it, its just a IMO

edit on 11/11/2011 by dedpope because: typos

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
silence...............................................................

edit on 11-11-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

a typo
lulz

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
silence...............................................................

edit on 11-11-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

I kill you!!!!

LOL sorry could not pass that one up, Jeff Dunham is still epic

But yeah it's a waiste ANYONE has to die because of violence, no matter where they are from or who they are.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dedpope

I hope the internal OWS police took this into their own hands. I mean really, OWS dosn't like the police coming into the picture because they just don't like the police.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
i wonder if a shooting even makes the local news in oakland anymore?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
reply to post by dedpope

I hope the internal OWS police took this into their own hands. I mean really, OWS dosn't like the police coming into the picture because they just don't like the police.

all you can do is mock a dead man **clappppp , clapppp , clappppp** good for you !

If ya didn't see, I said it was not to get teabagged, but just to bring it up.
A MAN DID DIE YA KNOW !
but good post anyway, sorry your so mad & rude

OH P.S.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I'd rather take a moment today, and remember all of our veterans; the fallen, and those who've managed to survive.

Happy Veterans Day, to our country's REAL Vets!

BTW, Happy (belated) Birthday to you Marines! (Nov 10th)
edit on 11-11-2011 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dedpope
"A young man was fatally shot Thursday evening just yards from the Occupy Oakland encampment outside City Hall."

in all the chaos of OWS a man has lost his life, now please stop for one moment and think about this and think of his family, his friends, his mother, father & the sadness ......................................................................................
Now, think about the familys, friends, mothers, fathers & the sadness of all the peaple that are suffering from the take over of the worlds banks. if anything we should take from this the sadness of what the world has came to.

full story

Now please know this is just one side of the story so don't teabag me for posting it, its just a IMO

edit on 11/11/2011 by dedpope because: typos

What kind of smart assed imbicile are you to even REMOTELY compare military personnel to whiny little pieces of predigested food?

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE to even come close, on a very important day for veterans and active duty troops, to believe that these said whiny little pieces of predigested food are even worthy of a moment of silence on this day...

Those whiny little pieces of predigested food would never survive a day in the battlefield, do nothing but complain all the time, and yet you believe they deserve to be recognized anyway? ON A DAY WHICH REMEMBERS HEROS?

This thread could start a riot...

Originally posted by SourGrapes
I'd rather take a moment today, and remember all of our veterans; the fallen, and those who've managed to survive.

Happy Veterans Day, to our country's REAL Vets!

BTW, Happy (belated) Birthday to you Marines! (Nov 10th)
edit on 11-11-2011 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

THANK YOU! This is an appropriate response to this disgusting, retarded, idiotic, and ungrateful thread!

edit on 11/11/11 by Magnum007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Thank you. I read the OP earlier today and my conscience was nagging me to come back and say something pretty similar to what you said.

To add, the news is saying now that the death may have been a suicide. To glorify a person that either committed suicide (mentally ill) or got shot by some other mentally disturbed person is beyond reason.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dedpope

There are very few times when I get angry. This isn't one of them, but it gets very close.

Your headline talks about the fallen of OWS, and your post talks about the bankers as the cause of pain, but there is nothing in the story that indicates the victim or attackers were part of OWS.

It seems that you are taking a news story of a death and twisting it to become a club for you to attack a group of people and advance your agenda. You should have taken your own advice about silence, but instead of giving a dead man a moment of respect, you've turned him into a tool for propaganda.

Further, you make a post and say "don't tea bag me." You want to make a statement, then be shielded from its consequences?

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but I find little justification for your post. (By the way, do you know what "tea bagging is?)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Wow, what a sad post. Yes, one life is certainly not worth another. No wonder people can cheer unknown brown people dying every day under American "peace" missions.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Have some respect for the real fallen heros in the military!
edit on 11-11-2011 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The whole group needs to follow his example....

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thejlxc

Wow, what a sad post. Yes, one life is certainly not worth another. No wonder people can cheer unknown brown people dying every day under American "peace" missions.

"A hero is not defined by how he died, but how he lived"

Remembrance day is about military HEROS who sacrificed their lives so that the whiny little idiots can exercise their right to be a part of OWS... Remembrance day is not about whiny little idiots who cause problems and then get hurt in the process...

Plain and simple..

Remember the SACRIFICE: the LIVES LOST AT WAR while DEFENDING YOUR COUNTRY... Not remembering people camping because they are too good to work at McDonald's, or on a farm, or as a janitor...

I don't think jobs are the only problem in this generation, IQ seems to be getting lower and lower too...

join