It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time... ... ... ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
My theory of time.

Time is NOTHING more than a NUMBER, of which we refer to.
Not something we should try and tell the future with.

There are SO MANY different time zones.

How would be even keep time at exactness?

If it is 11/11/11 and there is nothing significant to the date such as an alignment, or some moon, there is nothing to fear.

Don't go as far as saying the stock market might crash.

Fear mongering.

Stop it

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Move real slow like im sippin sizzurp

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I'm dodging slow-motion bullets.

Time is a dimension no? Yes. So what do you make of that?

edit on 10-11-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I think we rationalized time based on the fact that we have a linear life experience. What happened is the past, what is happening is the present and what will be is the future. Our brains record things in a linear manner and so we came up with time. Also we cannot move back in forth even in just our own bodies, so we experience "time".

I have thought about this a lot and at the same time I can't fathom life without "time".

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0Mark
My theory of time.

Time is NOTHING more than a NUMBER, of which we refer to.
Not something we should try and tell the future with.

There are SO MANY different time zones.

How would be even keep time at exactness?

If it is 11/11/11 and there is nothing significant to the date such as an alignment, or some moon, there is nothing to fear.

Don't go as far as saying the stock market might crash.

Fear mongering.

Stop it

Timie is a number because , thats how we chose to identify time. then you have our internal clocks , and then you have the animals and however they measure time.

The numbers is just to make the observation of time easier to put into context.

the time still exists without the numbers right?

of course there are so many diff time zones. If there wasnt there would surley be alot of confusion . Surley we should be greatful we have the comprehension to make time zones? instead of making up a "eye lids of the god " type no?

11 11 11 is just really cool to see as a human , because we dig things like tihs with order and linening up .

Sure it means nothing but look at al the 11 11 11 , I tell you some people brains fire differntly when they are exposed to numerology with some symmitry .

We want to believe something will happen , we wish to believe we have mastered past present future.

But its just hope. Everyone is waiting for someone to actually get a continious 80+ percent accuracy ! But im sure if anyone can get 80 percent should have np with 100 percent.

But hasnt happened yet , so every number we see makes us giggle and say i have something to look forward too lol.

and how we sometimes look at the clock at 12:34 1:11 but this is just preprgammed like that and sometimes the conscieness and internal sync clock align and we look ! and say omg speacial (well some of us ) and make a wish or something lol

we do lots of irrantional things.

But always remember extrodinary claims! require .......

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 0Mark

Time also won't give you time.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I think relativity does a great job of showing us what time is and how it behaves. The time-zones have nothing to do with actual time, and are simply an invention that makes Earth-time somewhat standardized. Saying that time doesn't exist because there are many different time-zones is not a valid argument.

Time is both constant and variable depending on velocity. For instance, someone posed a question the other day that asked whether traveling at near the speed of light and shooting an object at another large speed would exceed the speed of light itself.

The answer is no, because time actually shrinks to make sure that C is a constant.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Time was just a measurement for agriculture. Nothing more nothing less. Time is only relevant if you want to know it, or need it to measure the length or span of the start and finish of an action or reaction. In my opinion is is only subjective to the individual.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
time is relative.relative to what? time only moves forward.never backwards.time can be slowed down though.move into a large mass and you will age slower.pile a mountain of lead over you.or excellerate yourself to the speed of light.kenetic energy is mass so the more energy you surround your body with,the slower time will be.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Interestingly enough, if you'd like to know about time and all it's fun...

topdocumentaryfilms.com...
Through The Wormhole: Does Time Exist?

^^^Pretty much everything you want to know about this topic....

Here's also a forum on the topic...
www.physicsforums.com...
Mass & Time

It's not even worth pointing out who has been wrong thus far, just click either of those two links, and have at it....

I can't go back in time? Watch me....

btw...
en.wikipedia.org...
Time Dilation

and if you're truly interested... you can dive right into

quantum entanglement, non-locality, wormholes and all that fun stuff...

top topics

join