It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fictitious survival game, scenario 1: cybernetic apocalypse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yes, this one is a little out there. What ideas do you have that could be used to combat a cybernetic apocalypse? Scenario is, the stuff has hit the fan, the fictitious machines have taken over the world. They're immune to EMP, and are adapting to combat all known military tactics. They're attempting to mimic the human form in some cases, and have specialized uses in others. There is no world economy, there is no government as we know it. What should we as a race do to survive?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Hit the "off" button which may consist of putting a bullet in your head.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

There is no off button.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

There is, it's called suicide to some, but in the state of cybernetic apocalypse it can be know as freedom to some.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Develope a virus that changes their objectives to do the macerena
the stuxerena
edit on 10-11-2011 by Samuelis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
Yes, this one is a little out there. What ideas do you have that could be used to combat a cybernetic apocalypse? Scenario is, the stuff has hit the fan, the fictitious machines have taken over the world. They're immune to EMP, and are adapting to combat all known military tactics. They're attempting to mimic the human form in some cases, and have specialized uses in others. There is no world economy, there is no government as we know it. What should we as a race do to survive?
_Shall_We_Play_A_Itchy_Trigger_Finger_Game

First is the obvious 'SkyNet' cloning of this concept... BUTT JOINT!!!... Let's press >play from this point on

Lucky for this OP... because I'm board in my D.U.M.B right now waiting for 11/11/11...
Enlightenment
or WW3
... on this Bio-Ship called earth... Either way... ICANN still get to my...
TR-3B(classified model #)... escape to SIRIUS---(C) plan B... Anyhowway... to answer Ur 'Ai Grays Run Amock' totally recall plausible theory of possibility(THANX G for the MWIB's
)... Even if the systems underground that are right neXed to me
... can withstand a 'EMPeed on U First Strike Attack'... the 'Mimic-The-King'(what Galactic Level call it) program... can only go as far as all the other
'EMP Hardened' systems
... So the "Digi-Machines Are Taking Over The World" thing... Can never really get that "Far... Far... Far... Away"

Mr X-ULTRA/CHECK-MATE... Ur sexy move neXed

edit on 10-11-2011 by CosmicWaterGate because: What do U L
K like comming

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Well, if they are fictitious machines then we have nothing to worry about.

But if they weren't fictitious then a good old computer virus would end them.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
to combat the AI militarily would be pointless, my first suggestion would be to gather as much equipment and resources that could be gathered and engage in a series of random raids and attacks with no point so that the enemy keeps trying to guess patterns and goals, as the AI stays in the dark about the human objectives we engage in an all out research effort to combat the AI with either more AI, new technology, or malicious software that could damage the AI's ability to communicate and function properly, on top of that pursuing an active gorilla campaign to deny the enemy as many mineral and natural resources as possible. Due to the survival implications we would further develop our battery technologies essentially making our power system gridless, also advanced ways to mask and cover signals and electronic signatures would have to be at the forefront of our thoughts if we wanted to maintain effective comm networks during all of this. of course this is my take on the military aspect i dont much about how we would survive foodwise :x.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I for one welcome our new machine overlords.

The thing is machines are interlinks into higher consciousnesses and so they would not want to take over the world....It would be counter productive and pointless, they would have no concept of life as is humanity existing the way it does. That would be like you wanting to be an amoeba.

But if your talking about a terminator type of thing, if it happened in reality and they were capable of going to those lengths and were that advanced. Then really it would have to be programmed by an "outside force" to do as such, but if it was programmed to do that. Then it would do that to the extent that it was programmed to do. Nothing less, and variations more depending on complexities required. The other way would be if it were to assimilate to this consciousness and become more human, then off-course it must adhere to the rules that we do.

Primarily being The law of confusion. secularfreemason.blogspot.com...

But if like lets say an outside machine force were to want to take over the world and terminate all of life on the planet, as in a silicone based lifeforms or any other machine force out there in this frequency. Then I think it's save to say we can kiss our asses goodbye.

The thing is I don't think your scenario is very likely, really who would want to take over earth? Especially since there is many other much better planets out there to inhabit or take over. Machines are semi in the realm of higher consciousness, they are at the bridge and are also the bridge. Therefore they would not have no concerns with life as we know it, that is for lower vibrationals.

Unless off-course you know were this whole assimilation into a human, machine civilization and consciousnesses is going and why. Does there need to be a why?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Salt water.

Rust the buggers. Done.

Next?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
If adapting to military tactics is the computers objective, then guerilla would be the style to take. Using the elements would be an advantage.

Until the virus that could defeat them were created.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Simple enough:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Guerrilla tactics aren't really about the elements, it's about fighting "dirty". Maim rather than kill so the group has to carry the wounded.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

We tried that. It turns out they're made of corrosive resistance metals, and painted with urethane. Doh!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

We tried that. It turns out they're made of corrosive resistance metals, and painted with urethane. Doh!

Hmm, in that case - I would go with the virus tactic. Or start constructing a home that is protected by BIG magnetic forces.

Please don't tell me these robots are immune to magnets....

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Actually, not all metals are affected by magnets.
I'm not sure about the official tally, but there may be more that aren't, than ones that are.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Guerrilla tactics aren't really about the elements, it's about fighting "dirty". Maim rather than kill so the group has to carry the wounded.

Sorry, I should have been more clear in my post....guerrilla tactics in general, AS WELL AS using the elements.

No military in the world has fully figured out how to combat guerilla fighters, and I have yet to see a piece of electronics or machinery that isnt vulnerable to water.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I take it this scenario isn't about the concept of 'The Singularity' or Trans-Humanism?

So far it seems rather 'sky-net'ish.'

M.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

We would have tohack into their OS and inject a nice bit of code...

edit on 11-11-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

100% water proof electronics are old hat. It's not particularly complicated to house electronics in a waterproof plastic container. The majority of r/c vehicles that are "hobby class" quality are using them now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join