It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ramping Up Militarization Against China, US to Rotate Marines at Australian Base/ Must Read !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This is crazy. What the heck is going on? This is no joke.

BARACK OBAMA is to announce that the US will begin rotating Marines through an Australian base in Darwin in a permanent new military presence, intensifying the alliance in a sign of heightened concern about China

The President goes on to say,.

The Marines are the chief US ground combat force in the Pacific theatre, the so-called ''tip of the spear''

''This is all about the rise of China, the modernisation of the People's Liberation Army and, particularly, it's about the increased vulnerability of US forces in Japan and Guam to the new generation of Chinese missiles,'' said Alan Dupont, the Michael Hintze professor of international security at Sydney University

The full story is below.

www.commondreams.org...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
He's got to do something to earn that peace prize, doesn't he???

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I guess he subscribes to the Cold War addage "To insure Peace is to prepare for War"
2nd

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Maybe its just their way of celebrating their birthday. Today is the 236th birthday of the USMC.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Lets be honest, A war between the West and China WILL happen. Might as well be prepared for it! It's mind boggling how much spying/corporate espionage China commits.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
The full story is below.
www.commondreams.org...

Credit where credit is due.
Commondreams just cut and pasted the story from its real source, The Sydney Morning Herald.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
double post
edit on 10-11-2011 by jcord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
World military budget $1.6 trillion
China military budget $100 billion
US military budget $700 billion

Yes, the Chinese are well known for being crazy that is why they are such a flash in the pan society. *sarcasm*

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcord

Yes, the Chinese are well known for being crazy that is why they are such a flash in the pan society. *sarcasm*

Money does not indicate anything. Its the proper spending of it that does.

1.5 billion can buy 10 US fighter planes while the same amount can perhaps buy 30 in China. The effectiveness and quality is another thing. However the manpower and support cost is much much lower in many countries. Most of the money is often times mismanaged so it doesnt mean a thing upto a significant part.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
Lets be honest, A war between the West and China WILL happen. Might as well be prepared for it! It's mind boggling how much spying/corporate espionage China commits.

You know the quickest way to sneak a spy into China? Dress them up as a GE employee, sabataouge their infrastructure, and have abilities to remotely collapse their means of energy production. BAM Crippled!

Oldest trick in the book, and in the mean time, we sure got some cheap products from them too....

Oh and lets not forget China's economic interests in Australia and their natural resources....

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It's china's fault. China is getting very arrogant. China is claiming the south china sea as its territory.

South China Sea tensions rattle China's neighbours

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I have worked with the Marines and respect them for the "can do" guys that they are, but they are not welcome here in Australia.

Australia's best policy for self Defence against China is to develop a defensive nuclear arsenal. The US is well and truly on the decline, and we shouldn't be so closely aligned to the current corrupt regime.

When I was in the military, we had to study Australia's Defence Policy as part of our basic training. There was a list of about 10 objectives as the core of the policy. It shocked me to see that defending Australia and it's interest was at number 3 on the list. Number 1 was to "maintain the alliance with the United States".

We're pretty much a vassal state with a ridiculous policy such as this. It's time for Australia to look after itself first and foremost, and let Obama know that his base is not welcome and neither is he. He's already had 2 on again/off again visits to Australia doing his term - it just shows you where the US Government see us in the relationship.

The Chinese have very long term plans. It would surprise me if our government was looking beyond 18 months or so. Australia needs to wake up, and learn to take care of itself.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Originally posted by Snappahead

I have worked with the Marines and respect them for the "can do" guys that they are, but they are not welcome here in Australia.

I would rather have some of them here just in case.

Australia's best policy for self Defence against China is to develop a defensive nuclear arsenal. The US is well and truly on the decline, and we shouldn't be so closely aligned to the current corrupt regime.

A defensive nuclear arsenal? More nukes? I understand that if the Chinese were to invade we would simply run out of bullets before they ran out of soldiers, but nukes are definetly not the answer when there are enough around as it is. Our allies also have nukes which may be used against the Chinese anyway.

When I was in the military, we had to study Australia's Defence Policy as part of our basic training. There was a list of about 10 objectives as the core of the policy. It shocked me to see that defending Australia and it's interest was at number 3 on the list. Number 1 was to "maintain the alliance with the United States".

Without the United States our country would simply be obliterated by a large army. I understand why it is the number 1 objective.

We're pretty much a vassal state with a ridiculous policy such as this. It's time for Australia to look after itself first and foremost, and let Obama know that his base is not welcome and neither is he. He's already had 2 on again/off again visits to Australia doing his term - it just shows you where the US Government see us in the relationship.

Imagine our country going solo against an army of 2 million. How long do yo think we could withstand the waves? Our best interest is to keep alliances simply because we as a small country simply could not defend ourselves against a superpower. I agree we do need to stand on our own feet down the line maybe, but at the moment we are a small and vunerable country. 20 million people is not a lot.

The Chinese have very long term plans. It would surprise me if our government was looking beyond 18 months or so. Australia needs to wake up, and learn to take care of itself.

We do need to wake up and take care of ourselves and the best way to start that would be to become an independent country without influence from the U.K. At the moment though I feel our country simply couldn't take care of ourselves. BTW thanks for your services in the military.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcord

I will have to disagree with the chinese military budget.

There is a lot of strange things that the chinese do that look civilian on the surface but are military when you dig deeper.
Norinco owned and run by the People's Liberation Army
en.wikipedia.org...

all these companies are also owned by the PLA

Aviation Industry Corporation of China
Poly Technologies
Guizhou Aircraft Industry Corporation
Harbin Aircraft Manufacturing Corporation
Inner-Mongolia First Machine Group Company Limited
Xi'an Aircraft Industrial Corporation
Shaanxi Aircraft Corporation
Shenyang Aircraft Corporation
Sichuan Lantian Helicopter Company Limited
Harbin First Machinery Building Group Ltd
Hongdu Aviation Industry Group
China National Aero-Technology Import & Export Corporation
Changhe Aircraft Industries Corporation
Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group
Jiangnan Shipyard
China State Shipbuilding Corporation
China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation
China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation

a PLA veteran does not have to worry about being unemployed after service because they go to work for these companies.

The chinese military has had a draft for there military for years but has not had to use it because there are so many volunteers because they know that military service will get them good jobs in these companies after service.

How many companies does the US military own. = 0

With the military in china owning all these companies they can divert income and products without paying anywhere near prime prices the US government pays to supply the US military.

The chinese merchant fleet COSCO (China Ocean Shipping Company) is owned by the PLA -Navy
china-defense.blogspot.com...
The officers on these ships are researve PLA officers and these ships have electronices that no other merchant in thw world use(spy ships) and the officers of these ships know every harbor in the world as they have visited most and mapped them for the PLA.

The Chinese fishing fleet
A number of the fishing fleet are spy ships and some are fitted with sonars that are not fish finders unless the fish are nuclear subs(ASW sonars)
These fishing ships also have fittings and wiring pre mounted to bolt on ASW weapons and anti ship weapons

None of this is in the Chinese military budget as military but there is no question that it is military if they need it and its well hidden.

The PLA is planning ahead for something.

edit on 10-11-2011 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2011 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
China has been the USA's greatest threat and covertly active enemy for a very long time now.

And concerns are only now "heightened"?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Dear Mr Obama,

On behalf of the Australian people, let it be known that we do not support having US military bases on our beautiful sunburnt soil. Furthermore, we neither respect or support the operations of secrecy at pine gap and consider it a foreign occupation.

The marines are not the primary fighting force in the pacific- our Aussie diggers hold that title, much as they have in war times gone past. Where were the marines when our boys were slogging it out in the jungles of Papua new guinea? Do you remember the thousands upon thousands of young blokes who valiantly laid down their lives in service of this great nation? The same young blokes who fought on through the jungles stricken with dysentery, malaria and other diseases that manifest ten fold in such a climate. Do you remember how horribly outnumbered and under prepared these boys were against the ruthless Japanese? Do you remember that victory against all odds? Where were the marines then?

Then you probably forgot that an American officer (for some unbeknown reason) was calling the shots. There wasn't even any bloody US troops on the ground and this pig headed, Yankee doodled didn't want to risk US casualties helping our boys. This officer mentioned has been named and shamed and is considered a cowardice dog in Aussie folklore.

Take your attack dogs home, they're not welcome. Who do you think China is going to attack when/if they retaliate against America?

History shows the U.S (and no other bastard!) has our back in war time.

Pray that your actions and inability for the implementation of peace lead to no Australian casualties. Leave us out of your efforts of conquest.

Kind regards,

The people of Australia
edit on 10/11/11 by Pirateofpsychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

This is the biggest issue Australia has - the attitude that the US will be there to bail us out if the Chinese ever invade. Can't you see that the US is nearly broke? What will our strategy be in 20 years (randomly selected timeframe) when they can't afford to defend Australia?

Nukes are the only way to deter a potential foe the size of China. I am not saying they will ever invade, but an Australia with teeth will make anyone (India included) think twice about moving in on our land and resources.

We need to be looking at least 50 years out.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Originally posted by Snappahead

This is the biggest issue Australia has - the attitude that the US will be there to bail us out if the Chinese ever invade. Can't you see that the US is nearly broke? What will our strategy be in 20 years (randomly selected timeframe) when they can't afford to defend Australia?

As much as the USA may be or about to be broke, they still have a massive arsenal which would cripple most of the world. But in saying that there is enough to cripple the world across the world. I think though with the Chinese, as much as they have massive numbers in their army, they could not sustain a long time war against the West or even Australia with western help. If they continue down the track, they will eventually become a problem and also become a major threat.

Nukes are the only way to deter a potential foe the size of China. I am not saying they will ever invade, but an Australia with teeth will make anyone (India included) think twice about moving in on our land and resources.

Nukes would be our only answer if we were invaded. Our army would not last very long against an opponent that size. They would just keep coming and coming. But I am one of them people who disagrees with the Idea of nukes in any case.

We need to be looking at least 50 years out.

I agree. Our country is vunerable to most countries around the world. In the meantime though, we do not have much choice and the best interest for Australia is to maintain ties with the countries who will most likely help us out if anything was to occur until we can stand on our own feet and defend ourselves, which I believe will not happen in my lifetime. I'm 29.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I personally feel that this is nothing more than a move by the leaders of this planet to destoy more of the soldiers so they can move to the next phase of their plan and start going after the population of the world till they have things their way. I think a terrible war is coming soon and The US leaders know it and are tresonist's

new topics

top topics

join