It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA/FCC Takeover Test Fails In Certain Areas, Weird Noises Heard In Others

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

FEMA/FCC Takeover Test Fails In Certain Areas, Weird Noises Heard In Others

theintelhub.com

The FEMA/FCC takeover test was scheduled to happen nationwide about 17 minutes ago. Here in Portland we got a warning about 5 minutes before 11am pacific but then the test never happened.

I repeat, we got no FEMA test here in Portland. Others on different forums are reporting that it didnt happen in their area either while at the same time many are reporting they did see the test at least for a few seconds.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Looks like the "takeover" didn't go quite as planned. Time to iron the bugs out and try again? There were reports of different messages, depending on location. Also blinking and noises reported by some. And others reporting brief power outages and computer issues. Connected to the test? Or just coincidence.

Update: It is confirmed that it did not happen in many of the cities throughout the United States.

Also read the comments below the short article. Other links are just parroting intelhub right now, but I'm sure we'll be hearing more in the next few days.

theintelhub.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 11/10/2011 by Klassified because: grammar

edit on 11/10/2011 by Klassified because: reword

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Interesting, so they will probably have to fix all the kinks and run it again.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I got some of the test, but it certainly not go over here as it was supposed to. I am hearing that it was mostly TV that was the problem but that the radio part of the test worked.
I also saw last night on Nightly News the FEMA guy saying that they were dissapointed it did not work and that it would be at least another year before they try again. I get where they are going with this, but for goodness sakes, we have iphone400 or whatever that thing is, but we can't get something like this to work right? Besides, what on earth could happen that EVERYONE would need to know about it? When 9/11 occured, every news channel covered it, and after a bit a lot of other TV stations did as well, even Nick Jr, so if it's that big of a deal, we will find out about it one way or the other.
I personally like my brother's theory...mass hypnosis.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Apparently - some of that weird noise was Lady Gaga.

cnsnews.com...

Talk about cruel and unusual punishment

edit on 11/10/2011 by Open2Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Yeah at our office, about 30 minutes from DC we lost one leg of our power at the same time the test was taking place. BGE was at a loss and did not know why. Seems kinda strange to me, and more than a coincidence.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

The FEMA/FCC takeover test

You know why people think Americans are stupid? Because of idiotic beliefs like this.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I posted this in one of the other threads on this but I'll repoeat it here for general knowledge:

I set my DVR to record 3 different channels at for an hour before and about an hour after the set test time. Nothing odd for me. I have FiOS service through AT&T U-Verse. All three channels recorded ( a 24 hour news channel, a local network affiliate and BBC America) all showed the sdame thing. The usual high pitched buzzing "alert" noise followed by a scroll on the top of the screen in red explaining the test. It repeated once and that was it. I fast forwarded before and after the alert and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I have heard others reporting strange conversations or messages heard under some form of static but I chalked that up to the same type of thing that lets people hear EVPs and the like.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
That's why it's a #ing test...so they can test to see if everyone gets all of the transmissions. I don't get it why is this so hard to understand.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Isn't that just peachy and par for the course? I feel about as 'safe' as I did before we knew it wouldn't work.

The good news is that when TSHTF those that don't have a working EBS will not be fed whatever propaganda will be pushed at us.

Actually, come to think of it, I do feel a lil' safer now that I know just how incompetent the puppet masters really are.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
That's why it's a #ing test...so they can test to see if everyone gets all of the transmissions. I don't get it why is this so hard to understand.

I don't think anyone has a hard time understanding it. But it's still news, and it's interesting to find out how things went, and what kind of quirks there were.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It's programmed that way. If you have been deemed worthy of saving, you hear or see the warning. If not....

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

Lol' I must be worthy to live since I heard it.

Guys, not everything is a conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The tested the tornado sirens around here about 5-10 years ago after going a few years without any tornado warnings. Half the sirens didn't go off and a couple of others were stuck in the on position. That's why they do a monthly test on them now. Probably just the same thing.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
Yeah at our office, about 30 minutes from DC we lost one leg of our power at the same time the test was taking place. BGE was at a loss and did not know why. Seems kinda strange to me, and more than a coincidence.
Oh you know I didn't even think about it. My husband who also works about 30 minutes from DC was late getting out of work due to having to stay to fix some sort of outage in their office. He didn't specify what the outage was but it does involve data and communications. I don't know if it is related or not but his office doesn't get any sort of outage all that often, except for brownouts and they have a backup generator to deal with that.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by joyride0187

Lol' I must be worthy to live since I heard it.

Guys, not everything is a conspiracy.

That was a joke..I wasn't serious.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I did notice my internet connection slowed to a crawl in my area when they did the test, although I did not get the message in my area.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I was watching Cox on demand when they conducted the test. I didn't have that annoying noise and then when the test was done a Fedora login screen came up!!! It seemed to list a username and if I could have connected a keyboard to my cable box I could have at least tried to hack their system LOL.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

The FEMA/FCC takeover test

You know why people think Americans are stupid? Because of idiotic beliefs like this.

I know your a noob, and the OP may be a bit off with the title, but, really?? The rudeness is not necessary.

Anyway, OP, In Southern Jersey, we heard a very brief 5 second announcement that got interrupted by a commercial, then went back to regular programming. That was it.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Didn't you hear? The lord is giving out "Life Points" for finding
a conspiracy in everything!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join