It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US marines to set up in Darwin, Australia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Lucky buggers

Awesome posting

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

I will see what I can find... the French UAV is the NEURON

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Are you familiar with JARUS (Joint Authorities for Rulemaking on Unmanned Systems)
www.eurocontrol.int...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
There is this but perhaps its getting too opff topic. I will U2U the rest

According to NATO officials, an American Predator drone and a French warplane hit two vehicles in a convoy. Though neither vehicle carried Colonel Qaddafi, the rest of the convoy detoured and scattered

topics.nytimes.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

familiar...... i took it as rational thinking that i should mention what i have and perhaps provoke some form of cerebral stimulation as the majority of humans are anything but active on a synapses level.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by crackerjack

Well it's more likely that they want a good solid foothold in the southern hemisphere.
The Americans know that the chances of any kind of military conflict between Australia and America is about as likely as New Zealand invading tasmania. So this is a safe, secure and most importantly a 'Western' country for them to use as a staging area.
They have direct contact with the Very signifigant Australian intelligence network and some re-inforcements if they need them.
Darwin has a large Naval, Army and Air Force base (ADF) Situated basically in the middle of Darwin and has a very good vantage point for watching Indonesia which, (As many fail to realize) Hates the west (primarily Australia) with a vengence.
Australia is the BEST place in the southern Hemisphere for a western nation to plant roots.

We also have large stocks of uranium and it would be extremely difficult for America to justify invading Australia, (we are a democracy, relatively peacful and almost an analogue of American culture) to get it.

All very good reasons for them to be here.

The last good reason for marines to be here is the training and environment.
Northern Australia has very similar terrain to most of southern Asia and it also provides ample wilderness in which the marines can train for this kind of environment.
Our SAS are among the worlds best which would also help the training process.

We are small but VERY well and highly trained and very well funded.
Sorta like Israel but not as hardcore and paranoid.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

US Bases in Australia List provided by the Australian Anti-Bases Campaign Coalition (your own boys

Note that most of those are seismic stations and training bases - that amount to something akin to an embassy on another country's military base.

They also use sacred geometry in the form of a Metatron Cube for the antenna array

www.globalsecurity.org...

It's a VLF array used to send data to ballistic missile and deep-ocean attack submarines via the trailing wire.

The antenna is a Trideco-type.

www.arkansas-aresraces.org...

The main difficulty in vlf and lf antenna design is the physical disparity between the maximum practical size of the antenna and the wavelength of the frequency it must propagate. These antennas must be large to compensate for wavelength and power handling requirements (0.25 to 2 MW), Transmitting antennas for vlf have multiple towers 600 to 1500 feet high, an extensive flat top for capacitive loading, and a copper ground system for reducing ground losses. Capacitive top-loading increases the bandwidth characteristics, while the ground plane improves radiation efficiency.
Representative antenna configurations are shown in figures 2-10 through 2-12. Variations of these basic antennas are used at the majority of the Navy vlf sites.

Very little to do with whether or not the geometry is considered sacred (though it is my personal belief that these geometries are held sacred due to their prior use in technologically advanced systems that were a part of our history in some capacity) - and moreso that the geometry is functional.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Originally posted by followingpythagoras

..... I'd feel very sorry for any country that sent ground troops in to invade. They'd have to bomb, because they'd never make it with a ground invasion. God help them, if the deadly creatures in the sea or on the beach didn't get them - and the deadly creatures and insects on land didn't finish them off - and the intense heat and vast expanse of land didn't wear them down - THEN the Aussie soldiers could come along and deal with what was left of them.

Agreed. It is just one more similarity you all share with the US.... Unlike many of the "old world" nations crammed into one continent, and whose borders represent years of friction (resolved or otherwise) we benefit from a landmass and population distribution which sort of makes us impossible to occupy, and suicidal to invade.

I know the general consensus weighs against American endeavors in almost any context; but I for one, am very comforted that we are allies.

I didnt realize you where a mod, but i'll say this anyhow.

What you say is completely true.

Event if China managed to get past Indonesia (Remeber this is an Islamic country, they would oppose anything that would conflict with their beliefs), and start heading toward Australia, it would be a very large mistake, and definately be suicidal (for the invading forces). Heres why i think (opinion):

By the time invading forces have completed in indonesia (which will take months, even with missile strikes on their assets, it will take no less than 6 months to get through the beach-head that is Indonesia) and establish a supply line. This is pretty much fact, unless someone knows something i've missed in regards to China-Indo relations, why? Indonesia have always eyed AU, and on several occasions have declaired that Australia should have been handed to the indonesians.

Because of the above time-line, within that 6 months the ADF would have setup beach-heads on strategic points, towns evac'd to further inland, and gives our allies (NZ, England, French & USA mainly) a chance to get us some more hardware and assets for the area. So now you have the ADF being re-enforced by numerious countries, including their hardware, Chinas main source of raw materials would have been revoked.

The local population (i'd like to hope) would have prepared to take up arms against said invading force. So even IF they managed to get a beach-head on our little slice of paradise, you'd have to deal with insurgents, and civilian resistance forces (no doubt armed to the teeth by the government). Ground transport of troops and supplies would be impossible, unless you have both of which heavily armored APC's. The best option would be to fly them around the country (costly), and even then once the assets are on the ground they are still vulnerable to insurgency, and strategic strikes.

Last but not least our local animals are hardned little..... beings.
Wombats: Have you seen a Wombat take out a truck? I'll try and track down some photos. These things are basically miniature tanks, its not unheard of them being hit by a truck, and the truck coming off second best, even in some cases of Cars vs Wombats, it can actually cause fatalities.
Roos: Not as hardened as the Wombat, but again can cause fatalties in standard cars.
Emu: Looks like a cute bird, but they are fast and sly. Also VERY territorial
Dingos: See wolves, same concept except a dingo is a dog

Spiders: Not so much a vehicular problem, however the concept of 'the bigger the spider the more deadlier it is' does not rank, the smaller the spider the more deadly they are in our lovely country. Take the Huntsman as an example. Its large, but unlikly to kill you. The Red Back will mess you up. For further interested parties List of Native AU Spiders
Snakes: Australia is home to some of the most poisonious snakes on the planet, they are also VERY sneaky
Crocs: Everyone knows about the crocs, drink their water they will eat you

Not to mention the ADF (Special Air Services) are one of the most highly trained service men and women on the planet (in my opinion), plus our local police force (Special Operations Group, and Protective Services) people are usually former ADF personnel, or at least highly trained.

In regards to the marines, this civvy for one accepts our new overlords, and wishes them to have a good time in our superheated top end. If they wish to have a more cooler climate, they are welcome to visit the city of Melbourne anytime (check attitudes at the border).

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

The USA has to prepare to face China increase in influence, we could say that with the level of debt the USA now has China is the only thing keeping it afloat, this grants China an extreme level of control over USA decisions and policy, just in case a real argument arises or China decides to let the dollar fall, military strength is all that is left preventing a fall into the abyss.

As you start printing money has the FED has been for years and exporting inflation all that keeps the dollar afloat and the nation stable is that the dollar is a reserve currency (that is one of the reasons for the attack on Libya and Iraq and one of the motives to go after Iran) if the oil producers drop the dollar the sh** would hit the fan much sooner.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

I think you got it in one, That far north of Oz, the environment up there is harsh. Be a good place for conditioning US soldiers. Most of the ADF's hardware is American, M1A1's, F18's, Blackhawks list goes on.
Another thing is that the infrastructure is already setup, I guess Ranga Julia will pay for the expansion upgrades to the base out of our pockets in the name of defense.
Maybe America can bring over some of those F35's with them that Australia stupidly bought into.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

As some members know. I actually live in China, I've been here for 5 years down near Hong Kong. So being an Australian in China I get to see alot of talk back home about the 'big reds'.
I've seen hardware being moved around on the expressways from one city to another (rotation from Fujian) I do alot of travel on the roads.

Here is the most common item of the PLA I see in transportation.

i1096.photobucket.com...
i1096.photobucket.com...

These are the amphibious tanks they have. I think they are mostly stationed in Fujian and Hanan Island.

Basically. I don't see China doing any real damage, People who deal with Chinese know's it's all about "keeping face" Plus the Chinese are too caught up in their financial golden times and "Making money" to really care about threatening others.
There are always sovranty disputes with the Phillipenes and Japan over the south China Islands which can get hot at times.

edit on 10-11-2011 by crackerjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I think that regarding China yet as a Communist country (in line with what the USSR was) is extremely deceitful, and the West has been flooded with this sort of vision from the cold war age.

Things are not as many think. Even if China adopted at first the Communist ideals it has long ago gone beyond that, at this point I would put it almost at the same level as the new Russia but with a better distribution of power (single party that permeates society completely and has broader support from the people), but the nationalistic aspirations are extremely similar. There are no more 'big reds'...
edit on 10-11-2011 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I was wondering why Obama was visiting Darwin and bypassing the bigger cities. He must be going to christen the new base. Or maybe not.......

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

Every since the economic reform of the 80's. Communism has almost died out. Yet they still hold those values because of Mao.
Modern China it's all about "get rich fast", power, social status, keeping up the Wangs (John's) and relations, relations, relations. Without relationships and connections things can be EXTREAMLY difficult to get done.
Some cities in the west of China Chongqing are moving back towards the old system knick named the red city.
Anywhere you will go in the east of China, there's no feeling of communism at all, just business and looking after youself, The society has formed a more individualized manner, you look after you, me, myself and I society.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Wellllllllllllll . . . they should be there waiting when China comes a callin'

China is determined, according to my sources, to take over Australia . . . they see it as their right . . . for all their people.

An interesting era to be alive, for sure.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by steveknows
Please name these "so many bases" you already have in Australia And don't use Pine gap as it's a joint observation base. I don't expect a reply because you won't find anything to back up what you've said because it's not true.

A) I am not a yank... was born in Hamburg

B) Pinegap a 'joint project' Uh huh... sounds good on paper...

C) Unexpected reply...

US Bases in Australia List provided by the Australian Anti-Bases Campaign Coalition (your own boys
)
www.anti-bases.org...

If there are no US bases in Oz why is there an Oz coalition wanting them removed?

Naval Communication Station Harold E. Holt

Naval Communication Station Harold E. Holt is located on the northwest coast of Australia, 6 kilometres (4 mi) north of the town of Exmouth, Western Australia. The town of Exmouth was built at the same time as the communications station to provide support to the base and to house dependent families of U.S. Navy personnel.
Wiki

They also use sacred geometry in the form of a Metatron Cube for the antenna array

Man I tell ya... denying ignorance around here is a 24/7 job

You should also look at this... all about Australia's nuclear program commie sympathy and how yawl need US protection
And its an Australian production

Fortress Australia Part 1

edit on 10-11-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

wher did you get that lame thing from? Australia's defence force doesn't even use roundals. There's red dots where there should be red kangaroos It's the English Airforce which has the red dots.

Australia

England

It's a lame map from a lame group you used to support a lame post of yours.

I say again. Name these phantom American military bases in Australia. And I don't mean joint observation bases and I don't mean Australian bases that have U.S defence personel as part of an exchange agreement. Please don't give me any more lame crap. Back up your mouth with real names of real U.S military bases.

U.S forces use Australian bases as we do there's.

Australian Anti-Bases CampaignCoalition is a bunk group right up there with Occupy and aliens are all over earth.
seriously that's your scource? These people will tell you that the governments poisons the water as well

You must have searched for hours and that was the best you can find.

And even looking at that crap it only shows that there's Australian bases with U.S personel as part of the exchange program. Going on your lame example that would mean that Australia has a crap load of bases in the U.S simply because there's a whole heaps of Aussie military personel stationed at U.S bases in the U.S and elswhere.

Give me a break.

edit on 10-11-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz
reply to post by Aim64C

So your theory is that China wants to steal my women?

Hey. They're my women

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

was under the impression that naval bases are not located within land, then again, dont f@k with the navy right ? , let alone with the aerospace industry.

Yes there landlock naval bases. HMAS Harman for one.

www.navy.gov.au...

The principal function of HMAS Harman is to provide administrative functions to all Navy personnel located in the Canberra area. In the early 1920s, the Australian Commonwealth Naval Board recommended the establishment of strategic wireless stations at Canberra and Darwin. Canberra was chosen because of the need for 'security of the communications services'. The RAN Wireless/Transmitting Station Canberra commenced operations on 20 April 1939.

In the early 1920s, the Australian Commonwealth Naval Board recommended the establishment of strategic wireless stations at Canberra and Darwin. Canberra was chosen because of the need for 'security of the communications services'. The RAN Wireless/Transmitting Station Canberra commenced operations on 20 April 1939.

en.wikipedia.org...

HMAS Harman is a Royal Australian Navy (RAN) communications and logistics facility. The main base is located in the Australian capital of Canberra, and is geographically recognised as the suburb of Harman (postcode 2600). Established in the late 1930s as a wireless transmitting and receiving station, the facility was commissioned into the RAN as a stone frigate in 1943.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

The way they will take over is buyout wise.
The statistics on Chinese SOE's buying up farmland and property in rural Aus is mindblowing. The Aus Gov had to put on the breaks on and enforce new foreign buyer regulations for land and business.
This was seen by the Chinese as "Protecting their milk powder supplies"
Then we have the resource sector with takeover bids of local companies. Which have been getting knocked back becuase of this massive surge in these area's.

Refer to the old Dr Who episode 'The Sun Makers' to see my meaning.

Wiki Sunmakers

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Well, I'm certain the Australian government must have had some say in this. But it is telling that here in America it will come as a 'surprise' .. especially as we are continually reminded of the financial crisis befalling our nation.

Just as we are temporarily appeased by the declaration of troop withdrawals, and many of us are naively thinking it represents some kind of 'change' to the black hole that is defense spending, we see that the establishment has no shortage of places to which it can send American troops.

I doubt this can be realistically accepted as 'helping' Australian defense; and it certainly is easily attributed to the "red menace" ... I think there either has to be A) more to it.. or B) it's just another excuse to spend spend spend on defense contractors....

Thanks for the heads up!

You'll find that most of the technology involved is Australian and part of some arms deal between the two countries. The defence system is the Jindalee over-the-horizon radar system capable of detecting missile launches deep in North Asia. And though OTH didn't originate in Australia the leaps and bounds in it have been Australian

The Jindalee Operational Radar Network has long range as well as anti-stealth capabilities. In 1997 the prototype was able to detect missile launches by China over 5,500 kilometres.

So it's a case of you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. But I think that's how it's always been between the two.
edit on 10-11-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
So, just out of curiosity.

If The US decide to 'naturalise' a threat from China from their new "Occupy Darwin" manoeuvre. Are they going to ask China to buy some more bonds first, so they can pay for some guns to shoot at them with?

In all seriousness though, in my eyes all this does is make my beloved country even more likely to be attacked when and if 'war were declared'
edit on 10/11/2011 by outsidethesquare because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join