It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what happened to that planned nationwide emergency broadcast in the US?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Isn't that scheduled for Nov 9, 2011? Any update from our American brothers here? From the silence about this topic, it seems that that event went uneventful.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I saw some posts about some odd happenings but I made 3 separate DVR recordings of the time in question on three separate channels. I checked it out last night. Nothing odd. All three simply had a red band across the top of the screen explaining the test.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Some people cry wolf not understanding the consequence. These people (big bro) cry wolf fully understanding the consequence.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

Apparently nothing happened, and it didn't show it some parts of the country for some reason. I just wonder if it was preplanned to only announce it in certain areas. But, I suppose time will tell if there was an actual event that happened. In all honesty, I beleive it was only a test.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
It was another non-event really. Nothing unusual as many would speculate. The TV screen showed a seal for a minute or so. Seems it was a bit of a failure in some regards. It didn't work in some places in the USA. All in all it was nothing just as I suspected despite all the 'chicken littles' running at the mouth.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Besides the fact that the Federal government took total control of radio and TV nothing much happened. See how easy losing your freedom is now.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I saw part of it here in Wisconsin.. ...directed at District of Columbia.....just a test.....explained in English and Spanish....early afternoon, coincidentally before our electric went out for 7 hours (we had a heavy wet snow).

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Lady Gaga played while D.C. went into DEFCON 1. Lol, I'm joking. It was just a test.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
From what I've been reading, it seems all standard networks were able to show the test but Sat & Cable were not. No explainations yet on why.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Guess it got called off due to rain here

Well they will probably chalk that one up as a success anyways.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
We had the broadcast air here...I don't know what happened to the rest of the nation!

I suppose it is possible that it was another government glitch...seems to be a lot of those these days.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
They canceled it due to the storm in Alaska.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeedTic
They canceled it due to the storm in Alaska.

Maybe they canceled in Alaska but not in other states.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

Oh, I thought I read somewhere that they canceled the whole thing because of the storm. I stand corrected. Thanks.

Wednesday's planned test of the National Emergency Alert System was cancelled in Alaska due largely to the weather, KSRM-radio reported

Source

I need to learn how to read better.

edit on 11/10/2011 by FeedTic because: New info found.

new topics

top topics

join