It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATSers...What's causing the GLOBALQUAKES??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Not to mention that, as the human population increases, we will see more people affected by normal earthquakes.
Add that to the global information network, and you have the current status of crazy that we see with every quake.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Do scientists and geologists realize what's going on??

Scientists Puzzled

Move on if I don't know what I'm talking about? Come on...I didn't make a scientific statement...I opened up dialogue amongst fellow ATSers and they all have replied with some great comments...I recommend you think before you react.

I apologize to everyone else for this back and forth rant....I realize I'm dealing with immaturity and it got the best of me.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I have noticed at: quakes.globalincidentmap.com... that for almost 2 weeks there were earthquakes of over 100 ranging from 9 hours to 13 hours. Now were back to the 100 in 48 hours or less.
There are too many reasons for earthquakes. Volcanos, Nuclear testing,Solar and lunar gravity distortions, Pole shift and/or drift, tectonic plate movement.
You may want to go to http/www.USGS.ORG for more.
Your question made me learn something that I thought was only tides.
Thanx

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomKnight

Do scientists and geologists realize what's going on??

Scientists Puzzled

Move on if I don't know what I'm talking about? Come on...I didn't make a scientific statement...I opened up dialogue amongst fellow ATSers and they all have replied with some great comments...I recommend you think before you react.

I apologize to everyone else for this back and forth rant....I realize I'm dealing with immaturity and it got the best of me.

Ok you are right, its something completely mis understood. All the science and information we have gathered is nothing but lies. The government dont want you to know the truth about earthquakes so they got to all the geologists and told them to write nonsense to cover up the truth....its NIBIRU of course causing all of these earthquakes.

There were only 3 earthquakes worldwide before the internet was invented. Now we see thousands...its a cover up...you are right

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I'll go with Elenin, guess that one is gone, How about YU55, that one just nearly passed by us also.
I guess I'll have to go with the normal causes listed from page 1.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Sames as most other responses - global quakes are the result of plate tectonics and, more recently, 24 hour rolling news coverage from all parts of the globe.

When we have studied them for about 15-20,000 years we will be able to see if they are becoming more common place or not.......

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomKnight

Decent article.

What it proves to me is that scientists need to learn how much they don't understand.

At least most of us will admit that. As I have become more educated, I have learned how little I know.

"I have never let my education get in the way of my learning." A. Einstein

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Use the search function to look up the 2011 Earthquake Overview thread. The OPs screenname in PuterMan. I cannot link it from my phone, so if someone else can it would be helpful to this OP.

In that thread you will find well over 300 pages of ATS's views on all quakes so far this year.

Also there is a user named Westcoast... She shares some pretty good stuff in her threads as well.

Oh, and Nibiru? Really? This is not a fantasy we live in... Unfortunately its just real life, worldwide information almost instantly, and obviously way to many people that jump to conclusion prior to gathering factual information to form one on.

Happy reading! And have an awesome day!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
How many people have actually looked into the frequency and magnitude of earthquakes over time for themselves?

There are many natural explanations to explain an increase. I prefer to refer to the Bible, which says that in the time of the end there will be quakes in diverse places.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

You seem to have a bad habit of putting words in my mouth which is a pure sign that you're arrogant and don't listen or pay attention to others. I never said scientists or geologists are lying to us or the government doesn't want to tell us the truth about earthquakes. I just made a point that even they are puzzled by some earthquakes in certain areas (i.e. Oklahoma). I put Nibiru because it's been a buzz on the internet for some time now.

And your stat on 3 earthquakes before the internet was invented is so far fetched. You're digging and finding zero sense to your poor debate. Like I said before...move on...you ignorance and stupidity have been acknowledged. Congrats you maggot. My educated guess is you don't get enough attention and this fuels your pitiful, lonesome life.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
So, like you guys know how to do research on the net right.? Like you can punch in 'index map showing increase of earthquakes' and it will show you that there has been an increase of earthquakes, amazing! The INCREASE of EARTHQUAKES is due to what is called post glacial rebound, another thing you can look up and it will tell you why we are having them. The increase has been steadily increasing, and we will not reach an equilibrium for another 10,000 years. Yep we have always had earthquakes, but we haven;t always had lithosphere tears in the way that we are having them, all over the world. The crust is tearing and we are seeing deformation take place. Sooner than later, things are going to get a bit more interesting. If someone asks a question, try to answer it instead of ridiculing. Just providing websites to prove what I am saying won't teach you how to use the net.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomKnight

ATSers...What's causing the GLOBALQUAKES??,

Humans disrespectful actions on Gods planet.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
Well I think it has something to do with tectonic plates come into contact,

Earthquakes wiki

Or maybe something you mentioned...

Do you want to explain what causes those Tectonic Plates to move?
Has anyone ever explained this?
I don't think so.

I note that all these quakes are on about the same horizontal line.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
There are, and have always been thousands of earthquakes every year. Compare the stats year on year from independent observatories and there is no significant difference in frequency or magnitude.

Sure, we are having some in Oklahoma and other places which aren't well known for their seismic activity. But old volcanoes and faults can become active again over time just down to the ebb and flow of the mantle. It isn't always down to aliens, the sun doing something it shouldn't all of a sudden after a few million years of behaving or sudden (See also: Impossible) pole shifts.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone

Originally posted by KingAtlas
Well I think it has something to do with tectonic plates come into contact,

Earthquakes wiki

Or maybe something you mentioned...

Do you want to explain what causes those Tectonic Plates to move?
Has anyone ever explained this?
I don't think so.

Why don't you find out instead of asking the question hypothetically and making assumptions. Try here for a start. Plate tectonics are a pretty widely accepted theory, and people have definitely tried to explain how plates move. The theory may be proven wrong in the future, but claiming noones explained it is just plain ignorant.

Originally posted by OhZone
I note that all these quakes are on about the same horizontal line.

Here's a graphic of quakes from the last 8-30 days. Would you care to point out this horizontal line you speak of? What about all the lines of quakes that follow... the plate boundaries

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Below is a graph showing how the number of all magnitude earthquakes has grown over recent years.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

Holy crap that's alot! I knew that earthquakes had increased alot but I didn't realize the magnitude of it until you posted the graph! Wow!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I think the quakes are increasing because Unicron is awakening....

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

Originally posted by libertytoall

Below is a graph showing how the number of all magnitude earthquakes has grown over recent years.

The following is from your source.

However, this trend needs to be understood in relation to the increase in seismographs. Certainly, in the last 25 years, more lower intensity earthquakes have been noticed because of a general increase in the number of seismograph stations across the world and improved global communications. This increase has helped seismological centres to locate many small earthquakes which were undetected in earlier decades.

This is probably the most factual piece of information from your source. Clearly, our detection of quakes has increased dramatically since the 70's, especially for smaller quakes, which are included in this graph. Therefore this graph does not necessarily show an increase in quakes, but it does shows an increase in detection.

Of course, we can get better trends by examining only large quakes of magnitude 7.0 or higher. But this is where your source fails miserably. Have you ever bothered to check their sources? If you did, I don't think you would knowingly advocate their material. There "statistics" are so bad, it's embarrassing. Let's take a look, shall we? This is from your source. The formatting is a bit jumbled, but I'm sure people can figure it out. I have only bolded the numbers of earthquakes for the given periods.

DATES FROM & TO PERIOD NO. EARTHQUAKES (Mag. > 6.99)
--------------------------- ----------- ------------------------------
1863 to 1900 incl 38 yrs 12
1901 to 1938 incl 38 yrs 53 Reference list 1901 to 1938
1939 to 1976 incl 38 yrs 71 Reference list 1939 to 1976
1977 to 2014 incl * 38 yrs 164 (to Mar. 2011) predict >190 in total. Reference list 1977 to date

For the most recent period (1977-2014) they list this and wikipedia as a source. They neglect to mention sources for the other periods. The source linked states that the list consists of "Selected earthquakes of general historic interest. ". These are selected quakes of historical importance, not actual statistics of earthquakes!

Now if you take a look at this database, which is the one that USGS references for quakes before 1973, you can search for actual statistics of quakes, and the numbers are vastly different from your source.

Period_____No of quakes greater than 7.0_________________
1901-1938: 378
1939-1976: 372
1977-2014: 300

As you can see, this is far different to the values used by your linked site. You may also note that there is no increasing trend of large earthquakes. In fact, if anything there is a downward trend in quakes if you follow the trends. From 1901-1976 there has been an average of (378+372)/76 = 9.87 quakes per year. With a constant trend, by 2011 there should have been 9.87*34 = 335 quakes, yet there is currently only 300.

The source also states that between 1986 and 1996 there were "15 earthquakes listed by USGS of magnitude 7.0 or greater", yet the USGS database search yields 137.

See what I mean by embarrassing? Yet most people who read that will believe it to be honest truth, when clearly, it is not. I know you weren't intentionally propagating disengenuous material, but this goes to show that it pays to check sources. By the looks of this, I'd say the cause of the latest GLOBAL QUAKES has probably been the same as the GLOBAL QUAKES of the past. Deny ignorance.
edit on 13/11/11 by Curious and Concerned because: shpelling and conclusion

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
If I go to a person's house at 2am and they are alseep... and I go there everynight at 1am or 2 am or 3am... I could reason that they sleep all the time. Then I show up at 2pm and they are awake and active.. I could reason that there is an upswing in activity and not normal...

When in fact, my paradigm and assumption is skewed and unrealistic.

Same with geology and even the weather... are we in a period of little geologic activity broken by spurts of earthquakes... or is geological activity the norm broken by periods of quiet stability? Our written understanding of history only goes back a few thousand years, and beyond that we are limited to cores samples, geological and archeological clues...all which show Earth has always been active.

Unfortunately for us... sometimes sleeping dogs awaken... and so do dormant fault lines.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join