It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project: Stop Questioning The Truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I was inspired to write this after the little Inception "elephants" thing, when Arthur tells Mr. Saito (in the beginning of the film, in the helicopter) to "not think about elephants." Mr. Saito naturally, is unable to help his imagination from thinking about elephants. Hopefully if this works, everyone's imagination will get the better of them.

I am writing this post in order for us, as conspiracy theorists (and conspiracy truthers, since we've been right before) to spread a message to our fellow humans. I believe most people out in the world right now are sensible creatures but are prone to rash decision-making and somewhat poor judgement, especially when we gather in mobs and crowds. I would like to see my fellow citizens across the country, and the world to start questioning the nature of their reality. That is why I am proposing this Project "STOP QUESTIONING THE TRUTH." I hope that reverse psychology will work on everyone who accepts what the mainstream media tell them. As conspiracy truthers, let's adopt a tactical mindset of raising the awareness of our brethren by telling them to stop questioning their reality. Why the reverse psychology? I think it will work a lot easier than trying to convince them of certain conspiracies such as fake moon landings and who really shot JFK. Let's go on the offensive. Let's put some doubt in their head. Here are some starting points to reflect on:

- Everything the mainstream media reports on is always true, 100% of the time. They have no reason to lie to us.

- The governments and transnational corporations of the world only want the best for their people and customers. They don't care about disregarding citizen's health/wellbeing for power and profit.

- "Elected" officials and other people in positions of power have no interest in maintaining the status quo. They will gladly share or give up their power.

- The government always has good intentions when they "classify" things so the citizens they serve don't end up hurting themselves. Governments don't want to gain power by keeping secrets from people.

- Power DOES NOT corrupt and absolute power DOES NOT corrupt absolutely.

and finally:

- There are no conspiracies. Accept what other people tell you. Don't question anyone or anything. It's not worth being labeled a "conspiracy theorist" by the same people who insist on putting labels on everyone. Governments, businesses and other organizations have no reason to lie.

STOP QUESTIONING THE TRUTH.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 11/9/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This might work for some but you will still come across those thick-headed people who simply don't care. The reason they mostly give is because it's not effecting their life, or at least what they can tell. But I guarantee that once it begins to effect their life, they'll come around.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I can see where you are going with this.
One could also postulate that because a human is inclined to be always correct in his reasoning and finds it irresistable to be top dog in intellect or physical prowess, then telling someone a lie that is blatant will ultimatly make them want to find the answer to prove you wrong..... Interesting approach. S&F

On the flipside this could be counterproductive if said person found the truth to prove you wrong and you as a person are credited as a baffoon and unreliable after said experiment.... Even if you knew what the real answer is and they feel honestly that you didn't.

Would you be willing to try and tarnish a reputation on a hypothesis?
edit on 10-11-2011 by agentblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I'm willing to give this a try--because, God help me, nothing else is working....

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Hum..I think most people..(perhaps not here on ATS) believe what they see on the 6:00 news as truth and have no reason to question it. For most it's not open to discussion and for those whom are willing to discuss it, if I try and convince them that what they just seen was the truth and interject no objections or doubt on a story then in essence we agree with what we just saw or read. Trying to help someone else see the truth by lying to them when we fully believe the story is a half truth or just plain false doesn't accomplish much..oh well just my 2 cents..Cheers Coco

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Some lateral thinking in the OP! Gr8 approach.

I don't know if this will work though, as those who are comfortably numb will simply sit back and change the channel to the next hypnotic tv show. I am almost ashamed to say that I am currently married to someone like that (married only on paper, though, splitting up as soon as finances allows it).

We had a small discussion about the Libya issue, for instance. It was small because he simply refused to take the bait and actually discuss it into something of substance. FRUSTRATION!!!! It always ends in a oneway conversation; me having a discussion all by myself, and getting NO response, while he literally sits back and flicks around the tv channels.

In principle some of these people may agree with you. They know that the government does not have their best interest at hart, the media is the greatest form of fiction, for instance, but they cannot go so far to actaully apply this understanding to any specific example or event.

From this thread, once again, we can see so clearly how many of us are trying our damdest to bring around the world to a better state of being. Trying to find a method, trying to formulate a vision, struggeling to shape a future that actually makes sense.
It seems to reflect the common goal here on ATS; that is why you got me totally hooked!!
ATS! You clever thing!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Interesting hypothesis, but I know a lot of people that already think that way and would be happy that I've come to my senses.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Huh, we born not knowing, are we born knowing all?We growing wiser, are we just growing tall?Can you read thoughts? can you read palms?Huh, can you predict the future? can you see storms, coming?The Earth was flat if you went too far you would fall offNow the Earth is round if the shape change again everybody woulda start laughThe average man can't prove of most of the things that he chooses to speak ofAnd still won't research and find out the root of the truth that you seek ofScholars teach in Universities and claim that they're smart and cunningTell them find a cure when we sneeze and that's when their nose start runningAnd the rich get stitched up, when we get cutMan a heal dem broken bones in the bush with the wed mudCan you read signs? can you read stars?Can you make peace? can you fight war?Can you milk cows, even though you drive cars? huhCan you survive, Against All Odds, Now?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by questforevidence

- Everything the mainstream media reports on is always true, 100% of the time. They have no reason to lie to us.

The truth is neither 100% nor 0% it lies between. Those unwilling to believe have to insist of 100% or 0% when they do the alarm bells should be ringing.

- The governments and transnational corporations of the world only want the best for their people and customers. They don't care about disregarding citizen's health/wellbeing for power and profit.

100% and 0% again!!!!!!!!!!!!

- "Elected" officials and other people in positions of power have no interest in maintaining the status quo. They will gladly share or give up their power.

100% and 0% again !!!!!!!!!!!!

- The government always has good intentions when they "classify" things so the citizens they serve don't end up hurting themselves. Governments don't want to gain power by keeping secrets from people.

100% and 0% again!!!!!!!!!!! (do you see pattern here ?)

- Power DOES NOT corrupt and absolute power DOES NOT corrupt absolutely.

ditto.

and finally:

- There are no conspiracies. Accept what other people tell you. Don't question anyone or anything. It's not worth being labeled a "conspiracy theorist" by the same people who insist on putting labels on everyone. Governments, businesses and other organizations have no reason to lie.

The biggest 100% 0% of them all

NB: "Accept what other people tell you" Applies to:
A. Those who believe in X
B. Those who don't believe in X

So which group are you on about? I myself never believe either side and instead look for the truth with evidence, cross referenced information, logical analysis and NEVER EVER assume a youtube video filmed in a bedroom is scientific proof of a goddam thing!

I mean come on how many threads start "This is definite proof of xyz- best yet" and lo and behold there is a link to a youtube video of somebody filming themselves in their bedroom/study !! The only thing missing is aluminium foil for a hat! DUH!

The biggest problem affecting the truth is NOT a conspiracy but human failings. The idiot who screwed up and tries to cover their tracks. The moron who shagged out of marriage and is pretending otherwise. The power hungry megalomaniac who doesn't give a damn but needs the votes of the gullible. The greedy who want everything for themselves. The people who know they are wrong but just can't bring themselves to put their hands up and say "sorry I was wrong". Take it from me people at the top are not extra special even the Queen has to wipe her arse!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
is this guy serious?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Hello,

I don't want to crap on this good idea, but let me explain a little.

When I say 'Don't think of an elephant', the reason you do is because the command 'think of an elephant' is within the statement. Stop thinking of elephants is a bit different, as you just go, no I'm not!

You would do better to name this 'Don't question the truth'. Because it contradicts the mind - on the one hand it is thinking I must stop something, but at the same time it is trying to follow a logical, and contradictory, statement. Stop questioning the truth, is more comfortable, and accepted by the mind. It might have the opposite effect!

top topics

join