It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: French, Germans explore idea of core euro zone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Exclusive: French, Germans explore idea of core euro zone

www.reuters.com

German and French officials have discussed plans for a radical overhaul of the European Union that would involve establishing a more integrated and potentially smaller euro zone

a two-speed Europe -- the euro zone moving ahead more rapidly than all 27 countries in the EU -- was the only model for the future.

possibility of one or more countries leaving the euro zone, while the remaining core pushes on toward deeper economic integration, including on tax and fiscal policy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
There should be no EU to begin with
You can't have countries with different economies like Greece have the same currency as all of Europe, that's just crazy and hurts exports & standard of living.

So far this just seems to be talking though, or at least that's what they say.

What of Greece falling apart was always the goal from the get go? I mean since the creation of the EU?

www.reuters.com

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

..."This will unravel everything our forebears have painstakingly built up and repudiate all that they stood for in the past sixty years," one EU diplomat told Reuters. "This is not about a two-speed Europe, we already have that. This will redraw the map geopolitically and give rise to new tensions. It could truly be the end of Europe as we know it."...

Well, at least they are admitting the ties to the "forebears" in the 1920's. For many students of history that time frame has special significance.

That this "plan" was so long in the making, and that it took a final banking cartel push to create should have been warning enough for many.... but by them the media was a cookie cutter printing service for the establishment, so I suppose no one outside the "big club" could have known... and those honor-bound to "illuminate" the web being woven were evidently disinclined to comment....

It is incredibly telling that a "core" of "elite" European countries are prepared to establish themselves as separate from the rest is going to be openly discussed....

EU officials have told Reuters treaty change will be formally discussed at a summit in Brussels on December 9, with an 'intergovernmental conference', the process required to make alterations, potentially being convened in the new year, although multiple obstacles remain before such a step is taken.

I know it's not my country, or "zone" and I am sure our friends in Europe will not simply lay down to the doctrines of the intelligentsia elite without thought; but I offer a pretentious warning nonetheless:

The next phase in the plan will establish a dominant structure which will override any sense of national sovereignty you may feel you have. Be cautious, be inquisitive, and by all means don't allow them to redefine reality to include a 'status' that translates to economic superiority. Wasn't the whole "royalty" thing bad enough?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

There should be no EU to begin with
You can't have countries with different economies like Greece have the same currency as all of Europe, that's just crazy and hurts exports & standard of living.

So far this just seems to be talking though, or at least that's what they say.

What of Greece falling apart was always the goal from the get go? I mean since the creation of the EU?

www.reuters.com

so by your opinion should the US Dollar be a world currency? Should Oil be traded in US Dollars? Remember back in the summer of 2008 which countries were in trouble? Same ones still are...all the EU trouble is taking the focus off of the failing US Dollar. Oh it looks stronger against the EU but..............we here in the us will have our day before too long Check this out at 9:15 into it From Meltzer's Ft Knox
edit on 10-11-2011 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

The value of any particular currency is a construct COMPLETELY manipulated by the central banking cartel.

The economic crisis is a crisis of banking... and their favorite pastime: Gambling.

Eventually the grim reality of economics must break through the charade of dependence on middlemen to control and siphon revenue streams.... Banks are necessary... bankers are not. Wealth is a function of human endeavor... NOT investment-aka-gambling.

It's not about the name of the currency.... it's about the fidelity with which it represents reality... right now currency represents the con-game bankers have foisted upon the hapless leaders of the world; whose vainglorious "leadership" fails without subjugation to the banking monopoly on currency and credit.

new topics

top topics

join