It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just thought about this...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I know a lot of people have been using the "Occupiers just want hand outs" argument... and it got me thinking. Wasn't it the banks and corporations that begged for a bailout (our tax money by the way) and then used that same money to hand out bonuses, throw parties, etc?

That is like a neighbor asking another neighbor for a bag of sugar and the other neighbor kindly handing it over. Then that neighbor and quite a few other neighbors are running very low on their own sugar and come to find that their borrowed sugar is being used to bake fancy and expensive cakes for said greedy neighbor. Then when the neighbors are quite peeved over this new found transgression, the greedy neighbor yells "You just want a handout of my SUGAR!!!".

Get my point? : Food for thought.
edit on 9-11-2011 by ApolloBloodline because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
You have a very good point:it does seem sound and good in principle.
But there are those in this OWS system that are actually doing great harm to the "little" guy as well. Such as stealing all of the food from a couple of street vendors and then throwing blood and urine on their carts. They were not bankers...they wanted free food period.....
Were those that were raped bankers? Were those whose small businesses have been harmed bankers? they probably didn't even have 100 grand to their names.
When someones land is trespassed--- were those people whose private property was molested bankers? Probably Not...
I originally agreed with OWS. and I know the MSM generally reports only what they want you to hear, but these things are happening. Even the police are now in a catch 22. If they stay out, there is rape, death and theft. If they go in they are accused of violence themselves.
And what about the mess left behind and the property damage. Not to mention the little guys trying to get to work who are either late or cannot get there at all.
I no longer agree with the OWS approach. it is counter-productive and will continue to be so unless people regain a bit of civility in this thing.
If things change into a non-violent message I may yet again get on board.
For now. They have no right to complain about police violence when they themselves are violent.
Is it a small group of people? probably..but that needs dealt with or OWS will become a non-starter

DH

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ApolloBloodline

But then, we can carry that further...

And so those who had sought to have the sugar-baron share his abundance have now come to demand that the sugar-baron have no sugar at all, while the others may partake as they please.

But once that sugar runs out-- then what?

Somalians had nothing, and out of abundance the world (mostly Americans) shared and what happened? The poor Somalian tribal leaders armed themselves and hoarded the resources shared-- only for themselves.

So, who decides which of the poor gets what is shared?
Who decides who produces the sugar to be shared?
When is too much sugar bad for us, and when is it too scarce?

And suddenly, we are into government intervention, laws, and exactly back where we started.

And tens of thousands camped in downtown all over, know only that they want more sugar than they currently have, and resent those who have more.

We must do better than that.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Frira

We must but one step at a time
I agree though.

new topics

top topics

join