It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... when do we get the primary results?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Forgive my stupidity on the situation, but this was the first time I've ever followed elections besides this big Presidential ones. I was under the assumption that primaries were yesterday, yet I have heard nothing about who won in any of the such primary elections.

Is this a private thing for the National Committees of the parties? When will we find out? Am I just wrong in my assumption?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Oh wow, no. Primaries aren't for some time yet --- around January-February. There's alot of mudslinging and lying yet to do. The elections yesterday were mostly local and referenda.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

I think that the outcome (the results) for the primary nomination... for the Republican presidential candidate... will happen by next summer of 2012.

edit on 9-11-2011 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Sorry...double post..
edit on 9-11-2011 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I think that the outcome (the results) for the primary nomination... for the Republican presidential candidate... will happen by next summer of 2012.

Likely established clearly enough on Super Tuesday before the end of March, honestly.

I believe Super Tuesday usually secures enough delegates needed to win the nomination, once you've included the earlier primaries. Beyond that, though, the full-on party conventions to finalize the nominee don't occur until later - in 2008, these were in September (Mccain as nominee, and winner on ST).
edit on 11/9/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The formal date for each party to choose their candidate is during their National Convention. The RNC will be held during the week of August 27, 2012, in Tampa, Florida. The DNC will be held during the week of September 3, 2012 in Charlotte, NC. The party 'platforms' are also hammered out during the week. The general election is on Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2012.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
So... the two or three topics that mentioned the "primaries" being yesterday were wrong then? Just to clarify. There were a lot of topics saying that tomorrow was the last chance for Ron Paul, and I don't quite get it if there weren't any primaries.

Regardless, if they weren't yesterday, guess that still gives me time to register.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

So... the two or three topics that mentioned the "primaries" being yesterday were wrong then? Just to clarify. There were a lot of topics saying that tomorrow was the last chance for Ron Paul, and I don't quite get it if there weren't any primaries.

Regardless, if they weren't yesterday, guess that still gives me time to register.

No. Some of those were state primaries for other offices such as gov or senator. The presidential primaries start in Jan; NH has traditionally been "first in the nation". In these primaries, each state makes their choice for candidate in the Nov. general election. The actual party candidate will be chosen at the party National Convention in the fall; that's where the final choice is made.

There's actually another step in there...the electoral college. Those are the folks that actually vote at the NC's, but that just adds to the confusion.

So we're a nation with 50 mini elections to determine who will run in the general election. Get it? Confusing, eh?
edit on 10-11-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

top topics

join