It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing real events in my dreams before I know about them

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Before I start, I would like to say that this is a serious post and due to the nature of it, don't want it to appear insensitive to anyone affected by recent events if you think I have made this up for attention. This is not the case.

There have been two recent events which I have seen in my dreams before I have been aware of them. I am not claiming that I have seen future events but HAVE seen events which I have had no knowledge of until after the event.

Last Friday evening, as most people in the UK will know, there was a huge pile-up on the M5 motorway in England. 35 vehicles were involved, over 50 injured and 7 killed. There was a huge explosion and following fire. I didn't hear about the accident until I saw the news on Saturday.

In the early hours of Saturday morning, I had a dream that I was driving behind a police car driving erratically with the boot open. It went round a corner just ahead of me and as I turned the corner, I saw the police car crash head on into an American style HGV and explode into a ball of flames. The ball of fire expanded towards me in slow motion and the dream then cut to a friend who I was with watching it on the News. the friend vomited at the sight of it.

I can't remember if it was immediately after or later in the dream, I was once again driving and was overtaken by a green estate. It lost control and crashed and was hit by several other vehicles. When I got out of the car I had to try and find the body of a baby in the foot well with the driver, the babies mother. When I found it it turned out to be a doll... the dream then went onto other random things which aren't relevant to this thread.

Back in reality, I was quite disturbed by this dream when I woke up but got on with my morning as usual. It was at lunchtime when I saw the news and thought how eerily close it was to elements of my dream.

The second dream I had was last night. I dreamt that I was flying in a fighter jet as a passenger and felt like I was going to be sick. It was almost like I was going to physically vomit in my dream. I had the sensation of being terrified as the jet barrel rolled and sped close to the ground. Then the pilot tried to eject from the plane but it didn't work and we were about to crash. I woke up at this point.

This morning, on the radio in the car on the way into work, I heard that a Red Arrows pilot had been killed by his ejector seat while on the ground.

I have a history of vivid dreams and occasional lucid dreams but I have never experienced dreams which relate to true events that I am unaware of at the time until this week when it has happened twice. Is this coincidence or is there more to it? I hope some of you guys can offer an explanation or similar experiences. Thanks.

edit on 9-11-2011 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2011 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

I have a history of vivid dreams and occasional lucid dreams but I have never experienced dreams which relate to true events that I am unaware of at the time until this week when it has happened twice. Is this coincidence or is there more to it? I hope some of you guys can offer an explanation or similar experiences. Thanks.

Start writing them down as soon as you wake up and remember them.

I believe this happens to all of us from time to time, but unless you have it documented and put it out there before an event happens, oh well.

edit on 9-11-2011 by supine because: quote

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I used to have precognitive dreams 20 years ago. I even experienced a voice (in my head) that would tell me about things just before they happened. It got to be annoying when these things peaked. I've learned to ignore it to the point that it no longer happens. Same with other paranormal things that have happened to me. Keep focus on mundane things in life and I believe it will stop for you as well. I came to the attitude that I don't want to know whats going to happen and that the realm of the spirit can wait until I die. Too much to deal with in the present to worry about what is to come.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
I used to have precognitive dreams 20 years ago. I even experienced a voice (in my head) that would tell me about things just before they happened. It got to be annoying when these things peaked. I've learned to ignore it to the point that it no longer happens. Same with other paranormal things that have happened to me. Keep focus on mundane things in life and I believe it will stop for you as well. I came to the attitude that I don't want to know whats going to happen and that the realm of the spirit can wait until I die. Too much to deal with in the present to worry about what is to come.

The weird thing is that these aren't premonitions. I dreamt about things that have already happened before I hear about them I wonder if this is anything other than coincidence, could the brain potentially see things before they happen.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Sounds like you are picking up on things as they happen. Maybe you are picking up on the near future when you hear about things.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Vomiting can mean that you can't quite stomach the reality. And who could? These are awful, tragic events! I'd ask for guidance from your higher self regarding these dreams. There is a reason you're seeing what you're seeing, even if it's not apparent right now. Write it down!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by RainbeauBleu
Vomiting can mean that you can't quite stomach the reality. And who could? These are awful, tragic events! I'd ask for guidance from your higher self regarding these dreams. There is a reason you're seeing what you're seeing, even if it's not apparent right now. Write it down!

Maybe there is a reason. I will write down any vivid dreams over the coming weeks and see if there is any correlation between them and real life. I imagine there will be some things relating to long term global events but local accidents are something that can't be predicted.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I think we all have a psychic self outside the visible body. Some of us are more in tune while others are not. Different levels, if you will. With this said, some of us are very well "aware" in the dream state.
Just my opinion of course.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by supine

Start writing them down as soon as you wake up and remember them.

Excellent advice. I've kept dream journals since 1983. Recording them, including the drawing of any visuals you can recall, can reveal interesting insights.

You can also record dreams such as this at www.nationaldreamcenter.com... . It is one way we can pool the "dream stream" and perhaps find patterns that may need more attention. On the night of 09/10/01, I had the following (recorded) dream:

”Holey moley! A night of quite explosive dreaming! I am just stunned! I am standing on a wide open desert plain, but it feels somewhat like a surrealistic New Mexican town. I am getting reports that planes will crash ‘in the east.’ I look to the east and see 5 or more jetliners crash and explode in flames. I think that they have crashed in Iowa or Indiana because the letter ‘I” is impressed upon me. But then, as I measure the distance in my dream mind, it occurs to me that the trajectory of the planes would put this further east than that. Then, after a pause, I look to the west into a fiery sunset, and I see the ‘mother of all airships’ flying at stunning speed. I turn to a woman standing with me who simply and calmly says, ‘And so it has come…’ . This beast of an airship is spewing out flames all around and although it is flying at incredible speed, I am somehow able to see its detail. It is dark and monstrous and fierce; then it, too, crashes in the east. It just disintegrates. I recall saying over and over as the planes were crashing, ‘They are now atoms and particles pressed out into space, remnants of the human race.’ I awoke spontaneously and cannot even imagine why I would have such a dream.”

I would have been counted a complete lunatic had I called some "authority" to report that planes might crash "in the east" and that the letter "I" was important. BUT, I have since read countless "premonitory" dream accounts that registered in their own way what actually occurred on 9/11.

Having a space to pool dreams and get some sort of measurement for 'strength" on a particular theme (such as 9/11) might not stop a terrible event but could at least provide a space to send out a collective warning that it needs attention.

But at the very least, record your dreams.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
You were probably picking up people who were going through some horrific events and giving off high emotions. It's no myth that we are all linked, there is enough science to prove it.
It's all about vibrations and frequencies.
People are starting to 'feel' other people's thoughts and feelings. I'm not sure how this is happening but it has something to do with Saturn's rings not being where they should be, and Elenin going through the Sun, doing something to the Sun.

My 'knowing' has gone up a notch since 3rd October 2011 and my youngest is 'hearing' many voices all speaking at the same time, just as she is going off to sleep. Similar to what Deanna Troy in Star Trek New Generation heard in one episode.

Up to a few years ago I had many deja vu dreams but since we moved to a parallel timeline, they became invalid and now we have start again.

On the subject of 9-11, I had a deja vu so strong, that I knew what was going to happen for several minutes, it started as my partner was listening on the car radio to the news of the tragedy. I was in another car following his car which didn't have a radio.
I felt that day as if a ripple went out to both the future and the past, and that is how people picked up the grief of the people affected, which people like me then dreamt of.

What many people don't realise is that you are supposed to pray about the events in the dream, that the negative won't happen.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
We all have these dreams however sometimes we only realize and remember it when we can relate it to a real life situation. Déjà vu.
I personally believe these dreams are some unconscious technique to predict trouble in the future.
Like a passive mechanism that we no longer properly control. So that's why you realize it when it already happened.

I do believe some people unconsciously control it better than others and are able to predict because of it.
We all know how a Déjà vu can feel. Some people claim it is only a similar situation to what you dreamed or OOBE'd.
I personally however had Déjà vu's that were Déjà vu's in Déjà vu's. Kind of like holding a mirror in front of another mirror and see infinity. Feel infinity.

It's more complex and mysterious than just a simple dream. You are aware of a skill that many are not aware or ignore. It's something you can develop and train by writing down or practicing and stimulating by being open for it.

However if it is too disturbing I understand you wouldn't want this then do the opposite.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
If it makes you feel any better you aren't alone.

Here's an interview with a guy who kept a dream journal and found out that he had precognitive dreams.

isisinvestigations.com...

His book is here:

www.amazon.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I just wanted to update this with yet another of these events.

Last night I had an awful dream where I was in my car at traffic lights in Radford in Nottingham. Two young children (a boy and a girl) about 3-4 years old were at the roadside and the boy crossed the road through busy traffic. The little girl tried to cross and was run over by a car, then three following cars ran over her including a 4x4 while I looked on helplessly. I then got out out and stopped a blue Citroen C2 from also running her over. She was dead.

This morning on my way to work, A busy road just 1 mile away from the location in my dream was closed due to an 'incident' which turns out to be this...

A MAN is in a serious condition in hospital after being hit by a car in Lenton this morning. The man collided with the car in Abbey Street at around 7.15am and is now receiving treatment in the Queen’s Medical Centre.

Source

I know the victim of this accident was not a child but a very similar event in almost the same area. If the car turns out to be a small blue car I will be freaked out. More than likely a coincidence but I wanted to share it.

Just for the record, my other dream last night was of eating fish and chips covered in butter on a tram which looked like a boat.I think I was in South Africa. I doubt anything relating to this will crop up in the news

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

I just found your thread now, haven't been too active on the forums lately... it seems like somehow you're "tuning in" to others, not so much have pre-cog dreams.. but more like you're somehow seeing what others see - are there any other connections that you can think of like relatives, friends, etc?

I too have also had very vivid dreams throughout my entire life; I used to have lots of deja vu as a child, where I would go to sleep and have all kinds of really vivid but random dreams that made no sense to me, but then would actually happen to me later on... sometimes a few days, sometimes a few weeks, sometimes even longer. I haven't had any actual "deja vu" in several years now - now its more like I just have really strange random dreams that dont make sense - almost like I'm "tuning in" to another dimension entirely - sometimes people I know are there but different things are going on, or sometimes I don't know anyone at all.

Last night I just had another one where for some reason I ended up talking with 2 nuns; I don't even know why I was there - I'm not catholic - but I can remember cleaning up around their house for them.. I was cleaning and waxing the wooden floors of a house (for some reason), and I can completely remember them telling me that a very large snow storm was coming soon.. When I asked about it, I was told it would happen in the next 2 weeks.

I live in Northeastern Pennsylvania, so I'm now waiting to see what happens in the next two weeks.. a lot of the United States has had a huge "jet stream" (I'm no weather man) of very frigid air recently, around where I live it's been down in single digits.. and from what I've heard it's been a LOT colder than usual in Florida also. I know that the middle of the country just got slammed pretty hard - lots of snow in Colorado, snow in Texas, Northern New Mexico, etc.. and that there were huge wind storms (over 70 miles per hour) that shut off hundreds of miles of Interstate.

Guess we'll see what happens...

I sometimes have dreams more like yours too, I once dreamt that I saw a small girl die in a fire - it freaked me out so bad that I woke up in a puddle of sweat and my friend was asking me if I was ok... but I have no idea if anyone died in a fire anytime recently in a nearby area.. It felt more like a "ghost" or something that was showing me how they died.

Now you got me going... just found this online:

"To see a polished, wooden floor in your dream, indicates that you are fully aware of your unconscious and keeping it suppressed. Consider the condition of the floor for further analysis."

Don't know if there's any truth to that but it sounds good.

edit on 5-1-2012 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Time2Think

I would love to know more about this kind of thing but I havent got time to research and speculate too much. I have always had vivid dreams and can still remember dreams from my childhood. I also have a very active long term memory. My short term memory however is shocking!

I am a deep thinker and a philosopher and wonder if this type of brain activity encourages vivid dreams and keeps old memories alive longer.

I have also mentioned on this site before about seeming to 'tune in' to external random conversations about mundane things that are far from my conscious mid while I am in the shower. The combination of tiredness first thing in the morning and the 'white noise' of the water seems to open up a semi-dream like state but with only sound and no images.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

I have things like this, at least 2-3 times a month. so far, no answers

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
From what i've read this is a common thing. I have had it too but I never remember the dreams, but i recall having them once the event has happened, quite a useless thing to be frank. From what research i've done there seems to be two likely happenings.

First which applies only if you don't remember them at the time of the dream - That the brain senses that this has been seen before, even when it hasn't.

The second is the idea that the dreams you don't remember are numerous and varied and after so many dreams, you end up dreaming many situations by which the law of averages causes sometime in the future.

These explanations break down in some peoples accounts but could be applied to many.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I find it really freaky how now threads are popping up here on ATS warning of a future snow storm... still waiting to see what happens.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I had a dream last night about a train crash I was watching from out side of the car and saw 6 people in the train there were many others on the train but these six people stood out and they died and this morning there was a train crash the exact same one ware the train was going so fast it de railed and 6 people died I remember there faces and in my dream I saw an an anagram and this morning I saw the same letters that stood for the name of the train and the line it was on Im so freaked out I could not stop crying this morning I felt like I knew the people that died I saw them... This is not the first time this has happened to me eather this happens to me a lot but a lot of the time it's about me. Like how I drempt my boyfriend was sleeping with my bestfriend before I found out of how I drempt him apologizing to me 3 days before he did and how my mom said to stay away from him just like she did in my dream. Like I said this happens to me a lot but never on a scale this large ware I see 6 people die. I can't stop seeing there faces as some of them were trapped and were burned alive and others would be stuck under something and inhale to much smoke and suffocate. All my life iv seen the future and even deferent situations I remember them so well someone will be talking and I could finish there sentence before them or even with them. I'm so shaken up and every one I try to tell don't even lessen. I feel like I'm mentally messed up right now. The accident just happened less than 2 hours ago and I woke up from the dream 3 hours ago it was scary I thought it was so real but I thought I was just a night maire but then when I went downs stairs I saw the same train and they were saying 6 died and I could not belive It.
edit on 13-5-2015 by Bunnytree69 because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Today is 02/06/2018 at 3:55pm. I could like to say I have had many dreams and another thing I could like to say is when I'm awake and I remember someone and I feel this overwhelming energy emotion until I start to remove tears out of nowhere It means something is going to happen to that person thats including even me remembering myself. But this is another story for another time but for now let me tell you what I dreamt today. This happened around 3p.m and I have been having this strange dreams randomly for a while now. Funny thing is the dreams look like how you can be awake and see things clearly. My dream is about a city which was getting invaded by army enemies.The part I saw on my dream is ,the army defending their country were kneeling down with one foot and pointing rifles towards the batallion in front of them who were like 4 blocks defending too. So what I saw was panic after the first batallion couldn't keep the enemies from coming towards where we were then over the suddenly I saw this two little small children squatting under the stairs .So Idecided to give them Orange fruit whereby I noticed one of the kid her head was bleeding and the was clothe with blood next to her. I panicked and stood up facing the batallion their army clothes were gray/white, who were defending tus or or the city. Over suddenly I looked towards the road then I saw the army enemy who were wearing green army clothes approaching us,next thing was screams of women running,batallion standing up quickly ready for battle. I started running chaos everywhere,gun shots from behind. I tried to run faster but I wasnt quick enough the enemies were approaching quicky. So I kept running hearing screams and the army enemy saying to people STOP,stop,STOP with machete and rifles on their hands. This dream terrified me till awoke looking around and thanking how quiet my house was. My guess this is somewhere in Africa because they were talking on their native language which is Swahili saying simama,simama which means Stop,stop and the army enemy were using that language.
edit on 6-2-2018 by Kman1984 because: Spelling check and additional native language which was spoken by the enemy army

top topics

<<   2 >>

join