It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Male breast cancer...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I have an issue that I've been looking into. I was just wondering if any of you male ATS members might give some insight. Yes I will be going to the doctor soon.
My issue is that I have some swelling and some discharge from my nipple (god this is hard to talk about).
My question is, have any of you guys out there have this happen? Breast cancer runs in my family and I'm freaking out right now. =/
*Edit* After further research I found this.
Male breast cancer
I'm showing almost all the symptoms so I'm freaking out. Someone please give me peace of mind. =/
edit on 11/9/2011 by Slash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Ahh geez man, i don't have a clue. All i can do is wish you luck and pray for you.
Sorry i can't help
edit on 9-11-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about that. My husband is a doctor, he provided the following site with some info for you.

The most common sign of breast cancer in men is a firm, nonpainful mass located just below the nipple. There may not be other associated symptoms. The average size of breast cancer in men when first discovered is about 2.5 cm in diameter. The cancer may cause skin changes in the area of the nipple. These changes can include ulceration of the skin, puckering or dimpling, redness or scaling of the nipple, or retraction (turning inward) of the nipple. Bloody or opaque discharge from the nipple may also occur. Less than 1% of cases are bilateral (occurring on both sides).

Breast cancer that has spread (metastasized) to the bones may also produce bone pain at the sites of metastases. Advanced breast cancer can also produce symptoms typical of many cancers, including malaise, weakness, and weight loss.

www.medicinenet.com...

HOpe that helps, all I can say is please get yourself checked ASAP, early detection is key.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Reply to post by Slash

I have a friend (male) that can squirt milk from his nipple. I dont think you have breast cancer I think your just lactating. youll be surprised to find its not that rare for men to have this happen. you still might wanna talk to a dr. about it

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Thanks folks for the info. The lump is below my right nipple, and when I push on it, it leaks a clear fluid from the nipple. I've also gone from 175lbs to 120lbs in the past 2 years. So yeah, I'm worried. Again thanks again to you all for the responses. Gonna keep my chin up and hope for the best.
Edit to add. It's not really swelling, there just seems to be a small ball inside there. Doesn't hurt. Is it a cyst? It only leaks clear fluid (plasma?).
edit on 11/9/2011 by Slash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Slash, though I am a woman currently going through treatments for breast cancer, I want you to know that I understand your fear. I was freaked out myself. My treatments are working wonderfully and I will not lose the breast. Once you get checked, things will move quickly. You will probably have many tests and doctors visits initially. Please send a private message if you want to talk.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
First, don't automatically assume that because there is a discharge it's cancer. Do you have enlarged breast tissue? Gynecomastia is an abnormal enlargement of the male breast tissue due to hormonal imbalance...testosterone decreases while estradiol increases. This can happen for a number of reasons but is most common in male puberty. Obesity, testicular tumors, liver disease adrenal carcinoma, tuberculosis, Hodgkins's disease, injury and orchitis are other causes. Drugs like digitalis and opiates are also linked.

Male breast cancer is extremely rare and there are only about 1900 diagnosis per year in the US (don't know if you are american or not, but it still will put it into perspective anyway) and it's etiology is genetic, hormonal and environmental.

I don't know if any of this helps you or not, but I'm a nursing student and please let me know if there is anything else I can help research for you. Most likely you will get blood work and possibly a biopsy. Just try to remain calm until you talk with your doctor. Take care.

edit: Sorry didn't see your last post, it sounds like a cyst from what you are describing, but that's just an opinion on my part, and regardless, blood work and a biopsy are most likely what your doctor will do first.

edit on 10-11-2011 by justsaying because: (no reason given)

top topics

join