It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Kate' the super cop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
not sure this is the right place to post but i just found THIS:

au.news.yahoo.com...

Now if you live in western Australia you should better have your license up to date, cause this brandnew little LEO toy will scan it without actually having someone manually asking it.

'Kate' does it on itself .. hmm .. i don't know shouldn't it better be named K.I.T.T. as with in Knight Rider...?

whatever is, this sort of technology is a form of systematic autonomous search people should be aware of.
cause once being advanced it can be easy modified into an automated surveillance toy which may leads to having the cops pulling you over multiple times a day, cause you may not have payed a single ticket.

and what if someone feeds the search with errornous information ?
i think this can get quiet nasty once you have a record of whatever sort, depending on search criteria.

Ah i don't know .. i think its a bit too much to be cool.. your opinion on this ?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
we've had the ANPR (automated number plate recognition) cameras in the UK for years, its cheap policing since it just requires a cop to sit there until something bleeps then he flags it down and sorts out the problem, in some areas of the UK driving without insurance/tax/mot/license is quite common so i bet its a great money spinner

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Yeah you got to love the effort they go into making sure the money is paid, yet there are regular cases of gross incompetence when it comes to real crimes.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
This article really disturbs me. I know we move closer every day to Big Brother Society but for the most part at least we have to be in the middle of commiting a violation for the police to have authority to scan your plates and or license. With technology like this and the ability to simply drive by and get this information it leaves all kinds of scenarios for future abuse it.
It is really scary to me to see this.

new topics

top topics

join