It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Every one who loves Ron Paul , as I do ... Guess who Ron Paul ran against back in 1980s'???
Russell Means speaks against the War on Terror at a DC Anti-War Network's anti-war protest on November 11, 2001. Since the late 1970s, Means has often supported libertarian political causes, in contrast with several of the other leaders of AIM. In 1987, Means ran for nomination of President of the United States under the Libertarian Party, and attracted considerable support within the party (finishing 2nd with 31.41%).[13] He lost the nomination to Congressman Ron Paul.[14]

The war against our own indigenous people is disgusting . It wasn't enough to ignore these people , we had to euthenize our natives = George Bush Sr sterilized our natives ...

And now we STILL to this day pretend we give them their land , but yet we violate their rights ....As Americans , I believe they Deserve the treaties be honored , and their sovereignty granted !!

Native Americans are the most neglected minority in our nation . Native Americans have the highest rate of suicide , the lowest rate of life expectancy, the highest rates of poverty , diabetes and alcoholism and yet Russell Means still fights for what I think we are all fighting for , what he KNEW we we would be fighting for , an he still invites us to join him !
edit on 9-11-2011 by paleorchid13 because: (no reason given)

A THUNDER-BEING NATION
CREATED BY:
Steven Lewis Simpson
CATEGORY: Film
Feature doc about Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, the poorest place in the USA.
The Native Americans are not to kind to us , understandably.
The "white shaman" is a disgrace to them .

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Indigenous people and their cultures are more often than not the most abused, maligned, and ill-treated people on this planet.

The very definition implies their obvious displacement, often lacking any truly moral justification.

This fact was so well known and clearly salient to the "authorities" responsible for their subjugation, destruction, or genocide, that each group has been institutionally lied about, and systematically dis-empowered.

I think, and I may be naive for this, that there are a few such peoples who have found a means to cope with their situation.... I will not offer the pretense of daring to criticize the choices they have made. But in the end, the fate of those people we like to think of as "poor oppressed minorities" pales in comparison to the grizzly travesty of injustice aboriginal people endured by way of the influx of "enlightened' civilizations....

There is strong evidence that the institutional and systemic repression and abuse continues to this day... by those who many claim to be "good" "honest" and "kind" people.

new topics

join