It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN nuclear agency: Iran 'studying nuclear weapons'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

UN nuclear agency: Iran 'studying nuclear weapons'

www.bbc.co.uk

The UN's nuclear watchdog says it has information indicating Iran has carried out tests "relevant to the development of a nuclear explosive device".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Ahh just as I thought, it was reported by the Russians this report prove nothing. After some time the report proves Iran is building a device.

This is quite a leap from the Russian view isn't it? It doesn't surprise me, reminds me of when Iraq was just about invaded how these reports led to their demise.

Is this history repeating itself? I think so

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
This situation right now is so reminiscent of Iraq and their "WMD's" that is is laughable. Do they really expect us to fall for this nonsense again?

And so what if they are? I think they should have a right to. Israel has hundreds of undeclared nuclear weapons, including Neutron Bombs. So what if Iran wants to defend itself? Israel is always screaming and yelling how Iran must be destroyed. I would seek out nuclear weapons too.

I think if Israel wants to strike at Iran for nuclear weapons, let them do it. On their own. If America (ie: the American government) wants to back them, then pull every single active duty soldier off the battlefield. Then enlist every single child of congress/senate and let them go fight.

edit on 8-11-2011 by DerekJR321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321
So what if they are? Israel has hundreds of undeclared nuclear weapons, including Neutron Bombs. So what if Iran wants to defend itself? Israel is always screaming and yelling how Iran must be destroyed. I would seek out nuclear weapons too.

So what? So this means western nations will back an invasion, that's what.

I am not defending anyone's actions here or condemning, just reporting and seeking discussion on the topic, not debate whether they should or shouldn't.
Let's put that aside for a moment and discuss what this may lead to, discuss why this report is different then the Russians impression of the reports, discuss how this might affect the current war in the middle-east.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

yes yes.. i misread your post before I hit submit. I am in agreement with you. Of course this will mean that we must muster the troops and defeat the forces of evil once again.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

I didn't fall for it with Iraq, I'm not falling for it now. They are incapable of enriching uranium to the required levels to be weapons grade. they are incapable to delivering a payload more than a few hundred miles from Tehran.

"Studying" nuclear technology? Well damn, I just read an article about the dimona nuclear factory in ISrael, are they going to bomb me now?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Yeah for the IAEA!!

At last the truth is out and the Iranians can be bombed back to the Middle Ages.

It's fine for Israel to have them, afterall they have never attacked their neighbours or threatened the region in any way shape or form.

Besides Iran doesn't have a Rothschild's banking system, so they definately deserve a spanking for that alone!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

This situation right now is so reminiscent of Iraq and their "WMD's" that is is laughable. Do they really expect us to fall for this nonsense again?

They don't care if we fall for it again or not, they will still use this excuse for a pre-emptive strike.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The report states that their are computer models that seem to indicate building a nuclear trigger for a nuclear device, they go on to state that while they can't be sure that's what the computer models were indeed trying to build, they don't understand what the model could be used for otherwise.

Talk about a stretch here. They have no proof, but they say "what else could they be doing?"

What a joke.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I just think its foolish. All this attention on Iran, who is a member of the IAEA, perhaps, possibly, maybe, we think, could be, a bird told me, seeking nuclear weapons.

Yet we have another nation not too far away, who we KNOW has nuclear weapons... who outright REFUSES to allow inspection of their facilities or weapons. This nation has been nothing but aggressive to its neighbors. This nation HAS attacked other nations. Has Iran? When is the last time Iran attacked anyone? Iraq instigated the Iran/Iraq war. Not Iran. Frankly I can't think of a single time when Iran HAS attacked anyone in say the last 1000 years.

I think the world is being blindly lead to Iran by a certain small, voracious nation. And we all know who that is.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
It won't be an invasion! lmao

Isreal will merely bomb the nuclear facilities to Hell. No invasion required.

NOW is the time to start stocking up on food, water, gas, generators, and survival gear cause IF this happens, and many suspect it WILL before Christmas 2011 or around early 2012, we don't know how other dictators and Russia will react. I foresee food and gas prices skyrocketing in the coming months and ultimately a possible nuclear war OR world war 3.

They're setting up the world to be a New World Order and they have to break a few eggs to make an omelet.

As Art Bell would say, "Wanna take a ride?"

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AstroBuzz

Actually I think it will happen like this. Israel will fly over and bomb the living hell out of Iran's nuclear facility. Then they will scurry back home as fast as possible. This will leave Iran very pissed off and seeking retaliation. However, what is between Iran and Israel?

Exactly. Iran will have to go straight through Iraq to get at em. And that puts US forces in the way. And so, Israel gets its wish of having US Soldiers fight its battles yet again.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Actually I think it will happen like this. Israel will fly over and bomb the living hell out of Iran's nuclear facility. Then they will scurry back home as fast as possible. This will leave Iran very pissed off and seeking retaliation. However, what is between Iran and Israel?

Exactly. Iran will have to go straight through Iraq to get at em. And that puts US forces in the way. And so, Israel gets its wish of having US Soldiers fight its battles yet again.

An interesting point there Derek.

It will be interesting to see if Troop levels in Iraq start to increase! Or withdrawl of troops is put on hold or slowed down.

Just hope Israel remembers the meaning of shalom

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I guess Iran would probably fire off some of their missiles first.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

join