It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Secret US Military Intelligence Projects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I found this interesting read and I think it's worth it to check it out

It’s amazing what scientists, engineers, the military and intelligence agencies will do when they have unlimited budgets, little to no accountability and everything they do is kept top secret.

It deals with 10 (by then) top secret US military projects:

10 top secret military projects

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Tue Nov 8 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Sigma-Four at the bottom sounded intresting, cheers, good read

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Um...I'm guessing these aren't secret projects anymore? I mean, we know about them now...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalbeck

Pretty enlightening read, project ornithopter seems the most interesting. I knew they already tried to plan something about that.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
S&F

sounds like the good ole USA
has been pissing radiation into the atmosphere
long before Chernobyl & Fukushima

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Well if you know about it,it really ain't top secret anymore now is it...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Cool post. What I find interesting with all this tech, like the nuclear powered rocket, was that it was done in the 50-60's.. Imagine what we have now.. Mind boggling.

U

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalbeck

Very interesting, albeit some of those didn't catch my interest to the fullest.

S&F

I enjoyed these lists from the same website as well;

8 Differences Between the Fifties, and Now
Odd Japanese Fashion Trends & Subcultures

Haha, enjoy

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This is the kind of post that this site should be full of. Not the political debates we are saturated with. In all my years on here very few of these threads are made, most likely due to apathy. I have yet to see anybody speculate a conspiracy theory, they just regurgitate them.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Very good find!

I was surprised to see the Mars project in there... so few were ever willing to accept that we had such a plan.

The source book from which the article author got the idea for the list also sounds like a must read!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Very good post, made for very interesting reading.
I just have a couple of observations, and reservations, about the article:

- Attempting to demonize the USA, not mentioning far more harmful projects by the USSR, France, and the UK.

- Project Ornithopter is alive and a huge success, albeit under various other designations.
- Such a shame the Mars Project was scraped…

- My sources, which I consider relatively credible, have been telling me, for years, that Sigma-Four was a USA project, using home-grown research, German scientist, and their largely ignored Japanese counterparts (specialized mainly on human/hybrid research, and since the late 60's on human/machine integration). In the end, who knows?

PS » It has been a wile since I posted on this site, due to the growing lunacy, ignorance, and sheer stupidity that now encompasses almost all of the posts it contains.

I would like to thank you for not belonging to the above clatter. Such an interesting, informative, and thought provoking article. This is what ATS should be about, providing good sources of information and, above all, inspire further research by the reader.

Thank You!

S&F for you...sounds naughtier then it is

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
S&F without a doubt.

A simple, yet entertaining read - I really enjoyed these, as I had only some knowledge of these prior, and in some cases, had never heard of a couple of them! Definitely a great read!

A thank you and hat-tip goes out to the OP on this one! Thank you sir!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I'm glad you guys enjoyed the link as much as I did (and sorry mods for just having some 1-liners in my initial post, I didn't want to spoil anything
)!

Originally posted by USarmyFL
Cool post. What I find interesting with all this tech, like the nuclear powered rocket, was that it was done in the 50-60's.. Imagine what we have now.. Mind boggling.

U

Hey U!

I started another thread some months ago about the "Cash/ Landrum" incident, which most likely involved the NERVA engine in the 80's (!!) (others are more skeptical about the NEVA engine theory, but you have to read for yourself):

Cash Landrum incident

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
this article doesn't attempt to demonize the united states, they do a good job at it all by themselves.

all these secrets are decades old. i can only imagine what is classified top secret now.

top topics

join