It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YU55 Closer Than JPL Indicates?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mockrock

Originally posted by mrfire9
Anyone catch last nights episode of The Simpsons? I haven't watched that show in over 4+ years and last night i just got done watching football and the show was on next. When it came on i probably watched maybe 3 minutes of it before i turned it to watch the Pits game and i saw something funny.

www.wtso.net...

Watch the first vid of the show and forward it to the 2:03 mark and tell me what you see lol. Strange.
lanti

That is weird !! Aimed at the Atlantic too !

I Know right. I don't really watch that much tv but the show happens to be on and that fist scene caught my eye. Specially after that new york episode that everyone is talking about.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mockrock

I don't mind researching. And now that we've established that world leaders will be on an island in the Pacific, essentially on the other side of the planet from where YU55 could *potentially* hit, I think there might be something more to this as OP states with his new calculations (I know he doesn't make a claim, only that the NASA calculation appears to be off).

At first blush, the Nov. 7-13 Asian-Pacific Economic Cooperation Leaders Meeting, or APEC for short, seems like any other really large conference to hit the Hawaii Convention Center: 10,000 participants, another 10,000 family members happy to go with them and a sudden increase in the population willing to show them a good time.

But add in 21 heads of state — from President Barack Obama and W's good buddy Putin to less headline-hogging leaders from Papua New Guinea, "Chinese Taipei" and New Zealand —and you also suddenly have a need for greater security than the, say, 10,000 attendees of the American Psychiatric Association who were there in May, or the 1,400 there now for the Society of American Foresters. And the latter haven't had their every move covered by 2,000 members of international media, who are also expected in Honolulu for APEC.

Obama among wave of world leaders heading to Hawaii (San Francisco Chronicle)

I've lived in Hawaii. It's beautiful. Waikiki, where the world leaders will be, have colossal US military installations that bring all the services together in close proximity. And, the largest mountain in the world is on the Big Island (counted from underwater to its top). That area, on the Big Island, is highly safe tsunami spot that all leaders and military could get to quickly from Honolulu. And there's a tiny base up there anyways.

edit on 7-11-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epirus

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
The big question of the matter is... going by your new data, will it get close enough to the Earth to get caught by our gravity and make an impact?

Using your data. is there any way to figure out how close it will be to the moon?

My thoughts exactly !!!! which I've also said before .. and back somewhere like 3 weeks ago, I found a graph and showed this to be 1AU from the moon ! ..

Star~!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I posted the links. Here is the data. In 10 minute increments:
reply to post by Phage

Alright... prove it to yourself. Use that same source to generate a similar table where the date spans from ~Nov 1 to Nov 10, throw it into .xls and plot it.... then tell me you dont see the same anomaly...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TomServo
reply to post by Phage

That's the beauty of this thread... Somebody else does those calculations for you. Furthermore, Im not really calculating anything per se. Only interpolating hours based on day to day data. The dark red box is the zoomed in area depicted in the original post.
edit on 7-11-2011 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

Could you make the same plot, but do not make the distances negative during the period of time before the closest approach? My hunch is that you will see the nice hyperbolic shape I mentioned above. Regards.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Im pretty sure I can derive a similar data set for distance from the moon. Lemme see...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Yea... think about it... the only difference will be that the line will look like a ball bouncing off a wall. The y-intercept location will be the same.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88

I don't mind researching. And now that we've established that world leaders will be on an island in the Pacific, essentially on the other side of the planet from where YU55 could *potentially* hit, I think there might be something more to this as OP states with his new calculations (I know he doesn't make a claim, only that the NASA calculation appears to be off).

But the Pacific remains the most likely place for the asteroid to hit, if it does. Maybe someone should warn Obama?

Or maybe not?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Warren Buffett just went on a 20 Billion dollar stock spending spree...
Does that seem odd?
Does that have anything to do with whats going on?
Just seen it on cnn at 4:28 p.m. today Nov.7th.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Congratulations on all your S&F...now, kindly do a favor and interpret what your columns stand for and please place them in a fashion that can be readily understood...

Or better yet, why don't you state exactly which numbers you have found from this table:

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

Are you in dispute with?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TomServo

We've gone through SO MANY convincing predictions with SO MUCH compelling evidence, and still ALL of those predictions failed.

Sorry, but due to the fact a lot of buzz has gone around about this "event" and more people being aware of it, I am compelled to believe that this scenario will not take place.

And I hope I'm right... for the sake of mankind atleast.
edit on 7-11-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I posted the links. Here is the data.
In 10 minute increments:

2011-Nov-08 21:00 0.0023186

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/horizons.cgi

Here is the 10-minute data plotted. Nice curve. No anomaly.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Apparently you missed the point as well... The problem is cannot be seen over your range. Do the same thing Nov 2 to Nov 11

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Yea... think about it... the only difference will be that the line will look like a ball bouncing off a wall. The y-intercept location will be the same.

But what we see as an anomaly in the original chart is really just a point on a curve when the negatives are not added. The daily distances just don't show enough resolution to accurately define the curve. Using the 10-minute numbers from TomServo (see above graph) shows a nice curve.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Apparently you missed the point as well... The problem is cannot be seen over your range. Do the same thing Nov 2 to Nov 11

Actually I do get your point and am agreeing with you. The JPL numbers do not seem to show any anomaly.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

You're right about the Pacific. This one though, as calculated by a respected ATS member, TinkerHaus, has it landing in the northern Atlantic.

Click here to read post by TinkerHaus

Edit: From TomServo's new calculation, the military build-up in the US happening right now for the emergency drill on Nov. 9th, that soldier getting picked up by the FBI for telling him mom the world was going to end, and world leaders now on the other side of the planet for a meeting in Hawaii... I'd say this conspiracy is ripe and has all those random elements that make it worthy to look at further. Or at this point just wait, because we'll know tomorrow around 6pm EST.

Personally, I hope it's not true. I'll be toast in my location.
edit on 7-11-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Everyone's off to Hawaii....
I'm jealous as it's cold here.

Serious question - does anyone remember the thread from a few months back by the bloke claiming to work for the US Naval Space Command? He talked about waiting to hear something on a radio frequency. At the time I presumed he was referring to 171.2 mHz (or something similar - I included it in a painting i was doing at the time because of it).
I can't find the thread and I'd like to read through it again.
It's just that radio frequency thing keeps coming to mind concerning the 9th...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Q- " (no corealis or angular acceleration or anything like that). "

The angle is not perpendicular to the Earth. Where did you get that idea? That would be impossible anyway because the Earth is moving... including as the asteroid passes. Plus the Earth is heading toward the asteroid as it is coming in at an oblique angle setting up the dynamic for a possible capture. There are many other factors involved facilitating such a setup, but the angle of approach is the most influential one.

You'll observe at least that as the asteroid passes it will curve its course toward the opposite direction the Earth is traveling in. That is making a slight arch on the far side of its pass with the Earth, after passing at its closest distance point with the Earth.
edit on 7-11-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: I added content.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee
reply to post by TolanIsMaximus

Absolutely and thanks for posting that link to the vid....the other guy mentioned there did the video "The Ultimate Con" which was most excellent btw.

Go to the JPL link posted by the Phage and try searching the Small Body Database for YU55 or YU-55 or YU_55....and nothing comes up ?

Just BS about syntax ?

What are they using for their search engine an 8 bit Tandy TRS-80 processor ?

NASA....remember stands for....

Never

A

Straight

Answer

RIGHT HERE...all you need to know is exactly what is called...For crying out loud...

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Just thought I would hop in here - just checked spaceweather.com and saw that they have the size of the asteroid at 400m - I could have sworn it was 200m. Please correct me if I am wrong in this. And - if I am not wrong, that is a huge error! And - If they could not even get the size right by about half, I should believe that their calm of No Chance of hitting the earth??
edit on 7-11-2011 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join