It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay I gotta know.... who here talks to themselves in the shower?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This is probably the weirdest post I'll make and I'm sure one of the weirdest you will read. I just have to know... do you talk or sing in the shower? If so what about? I know this sounds crazy but I often catch myself talking about things I need to do that day or things I am pondering. Anyway, I know this is going to get me railed with trolls, but who cares we are all crazy to some degree right?
edit on 7-11-2011 by Zarxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I sing in the shower, I don't talk to myself though, that would make me crazy and I'm not crazy...honest.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarxx

I sometimes do that. So your not all that crazy. Just try to keep it to yourself.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarxx

I'll admit I do it all the time without realizing. Then when my husband overhears it and asks about it, I try to play it off like I was just singing in the shower because I'm so embarrassed to be going on like a crazy lady. lol

Sometimes my 'lyrics' are a bit odd, though.

Me: Ugh, I can't believe I got that answer wrong on that test. Did I turn the oven off? Oh, I have to get my son to school early tomorrow for his play. Crud! I forgot to make it to the grocery store. I'll go tomorrow.

Hubby: Honey, everything OK in there?

Me: *Dance mix music sing-song voice* Gotta wake up early, oh yeah. Wake up early. Early, yeah yeah yeah..... 'Did you say something, Honey? I was just singing a song I heard on TV earlier.'

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I talk to myself, argue with myself, easier at least I know what i mean haha im not crazy, my counsellor said so

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by Zarxx

I'll admit I do it all the time without realizing. Then when my husband overhears it and asks about it, I try to play it off like I was just singing in the shower because I'm so embarrassed to be going on like a crazy lady. lol

Sometimes my 'lyrics' are a bit odd, though.

Me: Ugh, I can't believe I got that answer wrong on that test. Did I turn the oven off? Oh, I have to get my son to school early tomorrow for his play. Crud! I forgot to make it to the grocery store. I'll go tomorrow.

Hubby: Honey, everything OK in there?

Me: *Dance mix music sing-song voice* Gotta wake up early, oh yeah. Wake up early. Early, yeah yeah yeah..... 'Did you say something, Honey? I was just singing a song I heard on TV earlier.'

Lol... I can relate to this!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarxx

Talking in the shower....I call that (thinking out loud) and organizing my (things to do list) for the day. Singing in the shower is fun! I also pray in the shower too.

If a person is home alone and talks out loud (they are just organizing their thoughts)...there is nothing crazy about that!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I have a slight spider infestation of the long legged daddy kind. very old house, they like the shower, and that means im constantly at war with the water and giving them directions on where to move to avoid the enviable washout.. so yeah.. i talk to my spiders when in the shower

erm.. yeah.. that kinda makes me either the spider god.. or just plain bonkers

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarxx

Well, don't fret. I read a few years back that most people doing their reflective/introspective thinking the most during the day when 1). Showering and 2). Laying in bed, trying to go to sleep.

I talk to myself all the time. It can be embarrassing because sometimes I really get going, complete with animated hand waving, laughing, and head shaking as if I am talking to someone. Then I catch a glimpse of someone who was watching me the whole time and I just turn red.

Crazy bag lady future, here I come!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarxx

Shoot who needs the shower! Somedays I HAVE to talk to myself to KEEP from going crazy.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarxx

Not out loud, but certainly in my head.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarxx

I talk to myself:
In the car...
While on walks...
In the kitchen...
While looking for stuff in the house...
While playing video games...
While peeing...
Anywhere, doing anything while I'm drinking...

But no, not while I'm in the shower; that would just be crazy.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I talk to myself all the time! Singing in the shower? of course!

Nothing to worry about whatsoever, it's actually natural and a healthy thing to do; basically communicating your thoughts and emotions with yourself, it would be more worrying if you didn't, like the silent "pressure cooker" types.

Now that I've got the luxury (or burden) of living on my own and having no one else to speak to physically I find myself having a "chat" with me a lot more often, don't worry about it.

Mumbles to himself out loud.....

Peace

DK

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
i make small talk then make myself pick up the soap in the shower.............

Squeal like a piggy boy....reeee reee reee

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Xarian6

Omg, I'm glad I'm not the only that does that....Same exact problem! The house was built in 1893, so there are bound to be little cracks and stuff where bugs can get though. It seems like the daddy long legs only like hanging out in the bathroom though, and they're always falling in the tub and have trouble getting back out.

They don't hurt anything though, so I don't have the heart to just squish them or wash them down the drain.

And yes, I talk to them..."Get on the magazine so I can move you!" "You don't really want to be washed down the drain, do ya?" "Oops, sorry, didn't see you there.." etc..

I usually talk to my Bebe, my cat, too...she hangs out in the bathroom with me. Usually sits on the toilet and watches me, but sometimes she'll stand up by the tub and bat at my toes.

If neither spiders nor cat are available, I will hum, sing, or talk to myself. Even out of the bath...
I think talking to yourself is a pretty normal thing, as long as it isn't like this:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I talk to myself, and pray in the shower. I also talk to myself frequently otherwise. Holy crap I'm weird.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I talk to myself a lot.
Not because I want to it's because myself talks to me first.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
everybody talks to themself all the time. some people do it in their head , some do it out loud.

if your doing it in the shower out loud , you will soon start slipping up and doing it other places too.
then your one of the crazy folk.

anyway, spend as much time as you can silencing this incessant nonsense. don't ruin a shower worrying about what you are going to do for the day. close your eyes and enjoy the water hitting you instead of being off somewhere else in your head thinking about what you have to do that day.

the easiest way to silence the voice in your head anytime, anywhere is to concentrate on your breathing.
(you should actually watch yourself in the mirror taking a few deeep breaths for awhile and see how your body moves. most people aren't even aware of what they look like doing this.)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
OK, talking to yourself is pretty healthy actualy. How can I put this....ok For Example, sometime one might think of something that seems like a good idea. Before going through with it, verbalize your idea, sometimes it won't seem as good or you might change something about it. Try it before you knock it. You're welcome.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I have been ‘alone’ even with other people in my house for years now. Slowly you grow into talking to yourself without even realizing it; the shower though is where I find that my best thoughts arise. Usually I am thinking of something to write because that is a hobby of mine, so talking to myself in the shower with peace, no disturbances, and the sound of water dancing as it hits the bottom of the tub are very helpful with organizing your thoughts and being creative. No singing though.

If you are like me, alone and actually talk to yourself often without realizing it then try and talk more in the shower it tends to lessen the amount of time spent talking aloud elsewhere.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join