It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While filming a police line at Occupy Oakland on Nov. 3 following the Nov. 2 general strike, an offi

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

In the video, you will find the person who is filming a police line in Occupy Oakland gets shot. Now I will reserve my comment on this seeing as I don't know what happened before this. So what do you guys think?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by KySc5

I dont see anything wrong with this. The cop is clearly protecting himself in this instance. Who knows what would have happend if he hesitated even a second longer. Luckly he was able to defuse this situation before it got out of hand.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Looks like those boys with AR-15's need to come visit Oakland.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TheInterceptor

The camera man looked pretty far away compared to the police officers IMO. I think that was a bit uncalled for seeing as the dude was just filming instead of bad mouthing them.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Seems like it was allot of people behind the cameraman, so I guess just about anything could have been going on without showing in the movie.

No matter what, the dimension we live in su**s big time.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheInterceptor
reply to post by KySc5

I dont see anything wrong with this. The cop is clearly protecting himself in this instance. Who knows what would have happend if he hesitated even a second longer. Luckly he was able to defuse this situation before it got out of hand.

What? Am I missing something. I didn't see anything that warranted a shot being fired at the camera man. What do you mean in saying that if "he hesitated even a second longer..." What would have happened?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by KySc5

i think this:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Oh my.

And people wonder why the Police are loosing more and more public support and respect with every passing day?

Let me guess, this hasn't made it to any mainstream media news network in America either?

I wonder how long it'll be before they replace that ammo with real bullets, and I wonder if we'll be seeing Syria making statements about allowing the American people to protest peacefully?

I have no doubt there will still be republicans suggesting that everything is perfectly fine here, nothing to see, they're just doing their job by attacking peaceful protesters (besides, they deserve it for being commie scum).

It'll be interesting to see how all those republicans act when the riot cops are pounding on their doors in the middle of the night to take them away to "domestic terrorist" detention centers for daring to criticize their government. If OWS fails, that will be happening in the next 20 years. They'll go after the armed at some point instead of just focusing on the peaceful street protesters.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

reply to post by KySc5

What? Am I missing something. I didn't see anything that warranted a shot being fired at the camera man. What do you mean in saying that if "he hesitated even a second longer..." What would have happened?

This person is a troll, hes trying to start a fight. Any one with a logical mind can see that this man did nothing wrong. Please dont feed the trolls.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Don't worry about live ammunition. There is a very extensive catalog of non-lethal and high tech toys they will roll out and use long before someone actually fires a live round....unless protesters keep trying to disarm the cops and control their firearms the way it's been seen to happen in Denver and New York in a couple situations. That will get someone killed very quickly.

Aside from that... Heck, they haven't even turned on an LRAD unit yet that I've seen confirmed. No one has seen microwave devices deployed to an OWS area either. At the same time those are being used, there are the laser Dazzler units. They haven't even started yet in getting really serious about the response.

I have a feeling these things are about to come into play....but until those have been used and somehow found to fail, live ammo won't even be considered. I'm sure of that. It's a line to be crossed than cannot be uncrossed and BOTH sides know that. Another Kent State will turn this into a real shooting war that only the most radical crazies in both police and protester ranks could possibly want to see happen, IMHO.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8

Originally posted by windword

reply to post by KySc5

This person is a troll, hes trying to start a fight. Any one with a logical mind can see that this man did nothing wrong. Please dont feed the trolls.

I think he was actually being sarcastic. No one in their right mind would actually think this, not even the most deluded nationalist "commie" brain farter.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

As I understand it, there are restrictions in place to prevent the use of many of the more extreme non-lethal weapons, and those restrictions are not actually in place to prevent or restrict the use of live ammunition. I'd need to look into it more to be able to say with any authority, but I've been told that the use of LRAD on American soil is prohibited without a change of law. I admit I'd need to research that myself to be sure.

All they'd need to do is label peaceful protesters as terrorists and they'd have the ability to act with impunity. They've already done this against eco "terrorists". They re-defined what terror means to enable them to lock up protesters in the past for destruction of property.
As it stands now in America, you could be charged under terrorism laws for breaking a window. This could lead to decades in prison.

Yep, land of the free (as long as you do as you're told) and home of the brave (as long as you're fighting our wars for us).

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Outrageous, when are these bad cops going to realize they're being watched? They should stop making all cops look bad.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

I thought I was clearly being sarcastic. Apparently I was wrong.
edit on 7-11-2011 by TheInterceptor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I think he shot the cameraman to send a message:
Film LEO's, and this will happen to you too.

Why isn't this thread on the front page!?

edit on 11/7/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: formatting

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

i think it's up to us to make it on the front page.

this is bs man. truth is you don't know what's going on completely, but i saw no need to shoot that guy. kinda makes you wonder if they did it just so people would get violent.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

It's cool. On ATS we come accros many people who's thinking is so completely off the wall, whether they are just trying to get a rise or actually live in a fringe area of thinking.

ATS needs a "dripping with sarcasm" icon, I think!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I'm not sure about restrictions on Microwave devices but the LRAD units were used at Pittsburgh for the G-20 protests. Here is a good video showing them in use from both the downrange and operator side of it.

and here are the Dazzlers in an American SWAT team demonstration:

These are the ones I really wouldn't know about being available to American law enforcement:

Millimeter Wave Crowd Control

Time will tell if they actually make use of all the tools they have available.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

The sad thing is I bet some of the stars your comment got were from people who didn't know you were being sarcastic. This is ridiculous. Police should use ANY weapons even "non-lethal" weapons as a last resort. I think the cop got sick joy out of being able to shoot a protestor who was filming him.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheInterceptor

I hope you're being sarcastic - don't know what happened before the video but the camera man was definitely not doing anything wrong

Cops don't get to shoot people just for walking by.

If I had to go from what's just on that video I'd say it looks like some straight up "I didn't like the way he was looking at me" bully sh*t coming from a trigger happy officer

Or he was just scared of the camera guy...in which case he should go home to momma instead of trying to pretend he's a big boy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join