It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The creation of religion and the lack of further proof..

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
what gets me about the whole Bible thing is that those who believe don't seem to have a problem with there being more than 1 version.

I mean..if we took our Bill of Rights, lived and abided by it like a religion and then a president, say Bush came and had them rewritten because he didn't like how some of the things were interpreted, we would then wind up with the Bill of Rights - George Bush edition. Would this seem ok?

Good point! Without knowing all about the re-writes, I will still say that I agree with all of the above about re-writing being nothing other than ridiculous. But it`s like everything else in this world, if you only had 1 version it would be pretty hard making money of it.

New bible = new sales world wide. New Windows version = more sales world wide.

Could it be???? My spider sense is tingling....... the Vatican, Microsoft! Jeeez, is Bill Gates the REAL POPE?

edit on 11-11-2011 by br0ker because: Needed a cpl of smileys

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

I agree, but think you might call it a litmus test. Some Christians will take that book, never read it, research the stories in it, or even look up the words in a Hebrew to English dictionary to see what the original meaning is. Yet they believe every word as literal truth, as if God himself wrote it down. And the funny thing, Christians will hate you if you tell them the truth of the matter, they do not want to hear it! I have several in here that follow me around trying to convert me, and then U2 me to call me hateful names because I refuse to believe them. It is a sad case of brainwashing, I am afraid, and sadly there is not a think we can do to stop it.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join