It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truths and facts about Israel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Truths and facts about Israel

Let me begin with what Zionists and the US have defined as the first "fact", which is by definition not open to any doubt or question.

The first 'fact'

Obama insists: "These facts cannot be denied. The Jewish people have forged a successful state in their historic homeland."

Netanyahu echoes Obama by listing this first "fact" as the first "truth,"

No respected historian of European Jewry has ever argued that European Jews, or for that matter Moroccan, or Iraqi, or Yemeni Jews, were descendants of the ancient Hebrews. All respected scholars recognise them as descendants of converts to Judaism.
But even if the wildest genetic fantasies of anti-Semites and Zionists of Jews as a "race" were "proven", would this make ancient Palestine, where the ancient Hebrews cohabited with other ancient peoples, the historic land of modern European Jews?

Could anyone today, except genocidal racists, link Germanic populations to an Aryan origin that started in northern India and based on that link, argue that northern India is the ancient homeland of all German-speaking people to which they must return and evict the current inhabitants of the land as nothing but recent interlopers in the land of the White Aryans?

These fantastical scenarios are precisely what Obama and Netanyahu tell us are undeniable facts and truths.

Indeed they both insist on them being the first fact, the very first indubitable principle of Zionism, which they want to impose on the international community and on the Palestinians!

The second "fact"

Obama's second fact is asserted with a rhetorical flourish: "Let's be honest: Israel is surrounded by neighbours that have waged repeated wars against it ... These facts cannot be denied."

But these also are not facts at all. Not even Israeli historians of Israel's wars agree with them. But Israeli politicians and ideologues of course do. In his UN speech, Netanyahu himself echoes Obama's words by telling us that Israel is threatened by its neighbours, that it is "surrounded by people sworn to its destruction and armed to the teeth by Iran"

These racist overtones aside, the academic and historic record shows us however that it was Zionist forces who have waged war against the Palestinians in the wake of the 1947 Partition Plan starting on November 30, 1947.

By May 14, 1948, when Israel declared itself a state, it had expelled 400,000 Palestinians from their homes and was capturing their lands and territories, which were assigned to the Arab state.

When three (not five!) Arab armies invaded Zionist-held Palestine on May 15, 1948, they were intervening to stop the expulsion of the Palestinian people and to protect their lands from being taken over by Zionist forces.

At the end of the war, they failed miserably at their task. Israel was able to expel another 360,000 Palestinians and to capture half the territories of the Arab state adding them to the Jewish state.

*In 1956, Israel invaded Egypt along with Britain and France. This was in addition to intermittent but continuous cross border raids into the West Bank, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, and Egyptian-held Gaza over the decades to come.

*In 1967, Israel invaded Egypt, Syria, and Jordan and occupied their territories and all of the remaining lands of Palestine.

*In 1973, Egypt and Syria invaded their own territories (Sinai Peninsula and the Golan Heights), which Israel had earlier occupied, in an attempt to reclaim them but failed. They did not invade Israel itself.

*In 1978, in 1982, and in 2006, Israel invaded Lebanon killing tens of thousands of people.

*In 2008-2009, Israel invaded Gaza.

These are the undeniable facts that the international community and historians and the actual documentary record proves.

As such, Israel was never invaded by its neighbours, except in 1948 - which was an attempt to stop Israel's invasion of Palestinian territory and the expulsion of Palestinians.
That Israel won the majority of these wars cannot change the facts that it initiated them and that it has been the aggressor on its neighbours since even before its establishment in 1947.

Indeed, Israel would launch raids on Iraq in 1981 and on Tunisia in 1985, neither of which was an immediate neighbour and without the slightest military provocation from either.

That Israel and the Zionist movement have been the aggressor in the region for the past century are the undeniable facts.

That Obama wants to assert that Israelis were victims of their neighbours is nothing short of imposing a fact on the ground by sheer American rhetorical and political power unrelated to real events.

Obama's invocation of honesty here turns out to be nothing short of a call for outright dishonesty.

Obama proceeds to tell us other "facts", including that "Israel's citizens have been killed by rockets fired at their houses and suicide bombs on their buses. Israel's children come of age knowing that throughout the region, other children are taught to hate them."

While a handful of Israelis have been killed over the years by rocket fire, tens of thousands of Palestinians, Lebanese, Egyptians, Jordanians and Syrians, have been killed by Israeli rocket fire during times of war and peace.
Perhaps the most recent example can shed some light on this.

During Israel's invasion of Gaza, Israeli rockets killed over 1,400 Palestinians while Hamas rockets against Israel did not kill a single Israeli, though several Israelis were shell-shocked and required psychological counselling.

As for the murder of thousands of Arab children since 1948 and through the invasion of Gaza, Israel has killed at a rate of thousands of Arab children to one Jewish child in retaliatory attacks on Israel.

Netanyahu: "Our major international airport is a few kilometres away from the West Bank. Without peace, will our planes become targets for anti-aircraft missiles placed in the adjacent Palestinian state?"

What is most interesting about this statement is the fact that Israel's airport has never been attacked by rockets, which is not to say that Israel has not attacked the airports of its neighbours.

In 1968, Israel bombed the Beirut international airport destroying 13 civilian airliners on the tarmac. It would attack Beirut airport again in 2006 - bombing runways.

As for plane hijackings, Israel was a pioneer in the Middle East, when its first hijacking took place in 1954. The Israeli air force would often seize flying civilian airliners in international skies and divert them to Israel, subject the passengers to inspection, interrogation as well as incarceration.

Indeed, Israel remains the only Middle East country that blew up a civilian airliner when it shot down a Libyan civilian plane in 1973, killing 108 passengers on board.

Lots More To Read Here

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery

This is an interesting article, however, with all due respect, it would be far more credible and "factual" had it come from another source. Al Jazeera is blatanly biased and slanted against Israel and tries to discredit everything Israel does. On the other hand, you have a well crafted post. Thank you, and good day.
edit on 6-11-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
There are some things that happened before the official formation of Israel that you left out, but is still important.

British Mandate of Palestine

Balfour Declaration of 1917
edit on 6-11-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I have to ask the question why you are not doing a post about Sudan? You know why I ask.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
War is peace.

Ignorance is strength.

We have always been at war with Eurasia.

And all that.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

You do realize what they call Palastine today only got it's name after a Jewish uprising in 120 AD this area prior to that was Judah . After this uprising the second Temple was destroyed in Jerusalem and the area was renamed to Palestine as punishment to the Jews from Rome.

Do you also realize the areas were the Israelis live today was a harsh desert for the most part that no one lived in . The Israelis of today made the desert flourish were no Arab ever could. Israel was given a tiny area of land after WW2 and several new Arab states were remapped and conceived. I hear no complaints about these people stealing land that wa not theirs.

The simple fact of the matter is HATE FOR THE JEWS , no matter how toy people try to mask it in a logical arguement using your skewed facts it all boils down to HATE. Israel is their to stay , they will never five up Jerusalem and when they are attacked again five out of ecerybodys six attackers will be killed, your HATE IN THE END WILL ONLY DESTROY YOU. peace

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Noey777

What about all the hate crimes committed by Israel? Thousands innocent people killed for the land. How do you explain that? Not only men are being murdered (whom you could say were fighting against your country), but women and children, even babies!!!!! Nothing. I will repeat NOTHING (since you like caps so much), not a single idea or belief can be right if it's killing children!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Noey777

Palestine (Greek: Παλαιστίνη, Palaistinē; Latin: Palaestina; Hebrew: ארץ־ישראל Eretz-Yisra'el, formerly also פלשת, Peleshet; Arabic: فلسطين‎ Filasṭīn, Falasṭīn, Filisṭīn) was a conventional name, among others, used between 450 BC and 1948 AD to describe the geographic region between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River, and various adjoining lands.

The first clear use of the term Palestine to refer to the region synonymous with that defined in modern times was in 5th century BC Ancient Greece. Herodotus wrote of a 'district of Syria, called Palaistinê" in The Histories, the first historical work clearly defining the region, which included the Judean mountains and the Jordan Rift Valley.

Approximately a century later, Aristotle used a similar definition in Meteorology, writing "Again if, as is fabled, there is a lake in Palestine, such that if you bind a man or beast and throw it in it floats and does not sink, this would bear out what we have said. They say that this lake is so bitter and salt that no fish live in it and that if you soak clothes in it and shake them it cleans them," understood by scholars to be a reference to the Dead Sea.

Palestine
Timeline_of_the_name_Palestine

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Those are bull crap lies the area was Judah accept it .

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by quitesane

Israel has been very soft handed given what hell they have been put through since statehood. Not one country in the world would sit back and allow daily rocket attacks, suicide bombers in schools ,buses and any place they can specifically targeting children.

On the other side these so called freedom dithers purposely hide behind children and launch rockers form peaceful neighbor hoods towards Israel. They teach their children how to hate and kill jews from the tome they can. Walk and talk. I have no respect for people that abuse children in this way because it is abuse. The fact of the matter the civilians are pawns in irans war against Israel along with Syria . They want civilians to die for headlines, this is why they fire their rockets from neighborhoods packed with civilians to get a response from Israel to kill civilians as propaganda.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Philo is an interesting source since he was a contemporary of Jesus and a Jew.

Speaking of the Essenes, Moreover Palestine and Syria too are not barren of exemplary wisdom and virtue, which countries no slight portion of that most populous nation of the Jews inhabits.

There is a portion of those people called Essenes, in number something more than four thousand in my opinion, who derive their name from their piety...because they are above all men devoted to the service of God, not sacrificing living animals, but studying rather to preserve their own minds in a state of holiness and purity. Every Good Man Is Free XII.75

Philo is also interesting because he represents the Hellenized Jews - Greek Jews scattered around the Roman Empire, unable to worship according to the Laws of Moses.

Philo lived in Alexandria, Egypt with around 1 million Jews, the largest Jewish population outside of Jerusalem. Notice that he refers to "Palestine" as a region that includes the Jews.

palestine
edit on 6/11/11 by Freedom_is_Slavery because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

These can add a perspective that may not be immediately clear on the surface. The third video goes through the entire history.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

Al Jazeera is blatanly biased and slanted against Israel and tries to discredit everything Israel does.

So what would be a credible source then good sir? Don't say CNN or MSNBC...I would probably take Al Jazeera over any of U.S. based media sources...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Most defiantly, aljazeera is quite a good source most of there content is excellent
And with an intellectual like Noam Chomsky constantly featuring, it is probably one of the best

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Noey777

Oh please. The young American girl was killed when she was standing in front of a bulldozer and she didn't have any weapon in her hands... If someone would say horrible things to me or even hurt me physically, I'd never respond the same way seeing a baby in his/her hands. Because I know the baby is innocent, even if she/he is a child of that horrible person. Besides, most (if not all) of those attacks/bombings you are talking about were either done by Israelis or were provoked by them.
I saw the war and I met people who got a weapon and went to fight after all their family or even the whole village was killed or burned down. You keep killing innocent children and of course you would cause anger among the people who otherwise are kind and don't want any harm. Who would never raise a hand against you.
When I watch these horrors committed by Israel, the last thing I feel is to support your country. I am against the violence in any way, but when it's about the children I get very angry. If someone hurt my children, I would do crazy things even if it would cost me my life. Because they are my Life. You killing everything these people have and they have no choice left, no life.
One thing I never understood is: How such an intelligent nation (I met many Jew people who live in Israel now and can tell they were very well educated) can use such a low-brain attitude in the attempt to solve the problem/conflict. There are so many other, INTELLIGENT, ways to solve any problem.
The same people don't mind having a Prime Minister who is a Monster. It doesn't change for years!!! Just listen to what they say in their speeches. Any American or European leader wold be dammed and kicked out if not killed 10 minutes after his speech if it had 10 % of racism of what Israeli leaders have. Why?
The last thing I want to say is: I can't take seriously a nation that considers herself to be the chosen one and the best one. We are all the same. I am patiently waiting for the people of Israel to GET IT!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Another fun fact you forgot to mention about the Jews. When they went to Palestine in 1947 they bought alot of land from the arabs that they used to resurrect the ancient nation of Israel. You make it sound like they just walked in and sqauted there and then told the arabs "get the f*ck out". No it didn't work that way, they paid for that land and the arabs accepted the deal and years later the arabs decided to conveniently forget that sale.
edit on 6-11-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Chomsky is a blathering fool who does not know when to shut-up.

Same with Al-Jazeera as a whole.

Peas in a pod, I guess.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by quitesane
I can't take seriously a nation that considers herself to be the chosen one and the best one.

No where do they (Jews) say that they are the best.

Can you please explain to me what being the chosen one of YHWH entails?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

By 1943, Jews had paid $560,000,000 for nearly 400,000 acres, amounting to around 6% of the land.
Jewish_land_purchase_in_Palestine

By 1949, some 700,000 Palestinians had fled or been expelled from their lands and villages.
Israeli_land_and_property_laws
edit on 7/11/11 by Freedom_is_Slavery because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Originally posted by quitesane
I can't take seriously a nation that considers herself to be the chosen one and the best one.

No where do they (Jews) say that they are the best.

Can you please explain to me what being the chosen one of YHWH entails?

I seem to remember alot of Lamentations over Israel being "the chosen people" and many times they wished YHWH had never chosen them and begged him to go find some other people. Being the chosen of YHWH entails a buttload of persecution, pain and anguish and people constantly trying to kill or enslave you. Not something i would wish on my worst enemy thats for sure.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join