It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

did you see the orange orb last nite over south devon uk?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
About 8 pm over newton abbot (7miles north of torquay) an orange orb approx 2000 meters high traveling north to south steady course but changes diection slightley.

No firwork, no flashy side lights and no engine noise. to fast for lanterns to slow to be a plane...

Did you see fellow devonians???

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbiy666

Given it was Bonfire night and you saw a orange orb the obvious and most likely answer would have to be lantern .

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

please tell us how you determined the altitude to be 2000m +/-

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I'm surprised you only saw one on November 5th!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Best bets it was a lantern, we set a few of and they disappear fairly fast, not to mention it was bonfire night.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I've seen multiple orange orbs flying together, I wanted to pull over on the side of the highway to get a better glimpse at them, but as other people here have said, they were lanterns.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbiy666
About 8 pm over newton abbot (7miles north of torquay) an orange orb approx 2000 meters high traveling north to south steady course but changes diection slightley.

No firwork, no flashy side lights and no engine noise. to fast for lanterns to slow to be a plane...

Did you see fellow devonians???

I am in Torquay, just the little bonfire party I went to sent off about 10 Chinese lanterns. I too am surprised that you only saw one glowing orb in the sky.............

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Yep i was in Reading Berkshire and saw it,
it was travelling north to south and it was definitely no firework, it looked like it was some type of basket shape object with the underneath sort of on fire/glowing not sure really and it was around the height of the clouds

i watched it for about a minute or so, it didn't fade either as i was expecting it to and wondered what it was
edit on 6-11-2011 by jinni73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
and the time was 7.10 as i put a bet on just before

new topics

top topics

join