It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 5.6 - OKLAHOMA, no this is not a repost, its another one 11/6/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
WTF is going on ? place is becoming active

earthquake.usgs.gov...

earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on 11/5/2011 by taws6 because: Upgraded to 5.6

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by taws6

lol.. this isn't a repost as I see 4 threads below this on new topics.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

those other posts are for the 4.7 from this morning, this 5.6 is the strongest one so far
hopefully it stops at 5.6 and doesn't go any higher
edit on 11/5/2011 by taws6 because: Just upgraded to 5.6

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by taws6

Waaay freaky for you guys to be getting earthquakes there! Do you know if there is any fracking going on there? In any case, stay safe!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
It's bumped to a 5.6 now.
USGS Oklahoma 5.6

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Please stay safe..Thats crazy getting all those earthquakes keep us updated please..Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
We just felt it here in Pratt, KS. Shook our bed and dish water...nuts considering we never get these lol! The fault line this is on is called the Nemeha Fault, and is a very potent fault...just not very active. Hope it's not awakening!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Looks like a 5.6 may be a record in Oklahoma.
USGS Oklahoma Earthquake History

The magnitude 5.5 April 9, 1952, earthquake centered near El Reno affected most of Oklahoma and parts of Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, and Texas. Damage from the 10:30 a.m. CST earthquake was not extensive, but many people in the epicentral area were alarmed, some to near panic. Portions of chimneys fell in El Reno and Ponca City (intensity VII). Bricks loosened from a building wall and tile facing of commercial buildings bulged at Oklahoma City. Also, plate glass windows were shattered in the business district of El Reno. The total damage amounted to several thousand dollars. Aftershocks were felt on April 11, 15, and 16, July 16, and August 14; an earthquake that was felt (IV) at Holdenville and Wewoka on October 7 apparently was unrelated to the April 9th event. Homes and buildings shook and some persons were awakened (V) at El Reno from the April 16th shock, which occurred 5 minutes after midnight. Felt reports were also received from Kingfisher, Oklahoma City, Tulsa, and Union City.

edit on 5/11/11 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

That location is about at the northern edge of the Nemaha Ridge. I found a document detailing a safety study done in 2004 for a mine to be located at the north end of Nemaha Ridge, which according to the study is a buried granite mountain range extending roughly from Omaha to Oklahoma City. The mountains were formed about 300 million years ago and have abrupt elevation changes. The complex fault system that bound the ridge is still active today, especially the Humboldt fault zone that forms the eastern boundary of the Nemaha Ridge. In places it breaks through to the surface, and that does not sound like a good characteristic for a fault to have.

Source

Interesting about the Rift Zone. Future maps drawn by psychics show the middle of the US as an Ocean dividing the US into two countries.

edit on 5/11/11 by spirit_horse because: add maps

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Interesting stuff happening here in our neck of the woods... thats 9 today

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by taws6

It was felt in the DFW area.
Nothing fell off of the walls, but the floor was kind of bouncing.

J.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by taws6

Someone posted this 10 minutes before you did. Read before your post.
Cheers

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I live in Oklahoma, I was planning to go to California at Christmas - No need to go now.

It wasn't really an earthquake it was all the OSU Cowboys celebrating their big win up in Stillwater!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
'Significant' Damage Reported After 5.6 Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Oklahoma

SPARKS, Okla. – A record 5.6-magnitude earthquake hit Oklahoma late Saturday night, causing "significant" damage to buildings at nearly the same position that a 4.7-magnitude quake hit less than 24 hours earlier.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
We felt an aftershock about 30minutes ago in Fort Worth Texas. My brick fire place was shaking and my dog was barking at it. I thought it was abnormally strong wind, bit it lasted a solid 30 seconds. Nuts.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sanity Lost

Thread duplicate nazis drive me nuts. Major event just happened and this person wanted to post. So what. He didnt want to search the archives or scan the firehose. I for one enjoy reading all the new ops when an event such as this happens.

top topics

join