It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO flyes by Chinese satellite, video captured by satellite camera

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

The satellite was launched October 31, 2011. No other information is available.
edit on 5-11-2011 by hotrice because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Any idea what it could be?

It seems to be moving in a snake like manner.

Looks like spacejunk.

There were a few things zipping around.
edit on 5-11-2011 by dannotz because: spelling

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Looks like a wing glider.

I'm no expert but if the rocket was already released shouldn't the satelite be in the same orbit speed as the "spacejunk" or the spacejunk would be slower ?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by no special characters

I don't think that is space junk, Junk is usually ejected into space well out of the 22,000 km zone that the Geostationary satellites sit to reduce the risk of a collision. I think there could be something in this.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I guess yu55 is closer then we think.... JKJK.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by hotrice

Does not appear to be under intelligent control, seems to me that it is not operating under any power. I also have to agree with the space junk statement.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Why does it appear to move in one location yet pan across the lens?

Looks to me like a filter is being slid into place and the 'object' is on the filter.

Just my opinion

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by brommas

It appears to be in orbit, as does the space station, that does not exclude the chances of intelligent control.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
If you watch when it starts at the right and right when it hits the left end of the screen it appears to be a reflection wish i knew how the camera was set up. But it looks like there is a sheet of glass in front of the cam and the obj dissapers as it passes behind the cam. But If it's a real ufo that would be awesome also.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
As the UFO goes across the screen (about 1.30m) there is a definite sound of a collision as the object reaches the end of the screen at the 1.34 mark.
I think it is something behind the camera reflected in the screen.
Anyone else notice.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
There isn't really much to go on in that video.. In my opinion there isn't much evidence that points towards any type of intelligent control. I'm going to call space junk, until someone comes along with something better.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by hotrice

Deserves better investigation. It could be a jettisoned piece of the spacecraft or something else. For those who are interested in look into Shenzhou 8 docking, full videos here:

english.cntv.cn...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Violence

OzTiger, I noticed this immediately. Whatever we are watching, makes a clear impact with attending sound. Further, there is no reaction of any kind from anyone within range of the mic. Last, whatever this image is it seems to continue moving within or behind (that is between the viewer and the inside surface of whatever the obstruction is) the left of the screen.
Now, as to speculate what is was: my guess is either the helmet of a security officer or a swiveling or swinging piece of camera lighting or sound apparatus.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotrice
The satellite was launched October 31, 2011. No other information is available.

Don't assume YOUR ignorance is the common status of all humanity.

The spacecraft is Shenzhou-8, an unmanned docking test vehicle, and the video seems to be right after reaching orbit when its solar panels and other external apparatus are being deployed. That often involves jettisoning straps, launch support struts, window and lens covers, and so forth.

It is a common feature of spacecraft orbital re-configuration. And a good candidate to explain this scene, once its true time of event is confirmed.

But it also could be something breaking off unexpectedly. Like on the 'Columbia' shuttle, when the hunk of the wing insulation drifted off a day after it reached orbit -- and nobody saw it or noticed it or reported it.

Sorry you didn't know that. But that's what these forums are for.

Teasing aside -- I think it's GOOD to keep an eye out for ANY anomalous visuals because of the potential for hazard from recontact or other possible clues for spacecraft malfunction. It's better to get ALL such scenes online ASAP and then spend time assessing them.

So -- good work, OP, and please continue watching and posting -- and accepting various theories that could use follow-up checking, Such as this one and earlier helpful posts from others.

edit on 5-11-2011 by JimOberg because: editorial

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Looks like the Silver Surfer fell off his surf board again!

Very strange in any case. And I'm sure we will never know as usual.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It is something really small because it hits the craft on the left side of the screen at 1:14 and bounces off. The Camera even has a mike (wonder why they put a mike on it) and you can hear it hit.
edit on 11/5/2011 by fixer1967 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I visited the youtube site to make a similar comment, and lookee lookee what message I received:

You have been blocked by the owner of this video

Wow, it's nice to be considered so dangerous my assessments need to be suppressed.

Open minds, anyone?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Space junk.

everything isn't a UFO. Especially things that have flashing lights. or pieces of debris.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The announcer about 3/4's the way in says something like, "the rocket has separated from the craft...", or something along those lines...

Is it possible that the thing moving across the screen is actually the separated rocket falling away?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OzTiger

Yep and it also seems to pass behind whatever is directly in front of the camera which makes it not an alien ship unfortunately.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join