It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International Day of Positive Outcomes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
an idea many of us forget, or don't even believe in, is that what we do affects other people.

Try holding a conversation with someone who's engrossed in a TV show or constantly texting, the FLOW just isn't there. We are connected and it's plain to see when you really try.

Imagine a sports match where all the fans stopped cheering, or start cheering... it truly does affect and change the behavior of those participating.

So... carry this over to the date 11/11/11.

I don't believe there's any Cosmic or special numerology affect due to that date. The date is just a manmade construct that is what it is because we started our Western calender at a certain time.

BUT!!

MANY people on this world are holding this as a special day for many reasons. I've seen prayer groups, attack the Fed, stop Facebook, end of times, etc, etc, etc.

So if what we do affects those around us 11/11/11 is a WONDERFUL time to make our world a better place. No matter your beliefs in paranormal, Numerology, whatever we can agree that OUR ACTIONS AFFECT OTHERS.

List some things you're thankful for...
"Until you can give and receive love freely you will not progress forward. This is not a difficult step - begin to look through the eyes of gratitude instead of wishing and wanting more."
~ Kuthumi

List some non-material things you would like to see in our future world...
right now there are people who make $100 million A YEAR, while other people (1 billion of them, 16% of our world population*) don't even have clean drinking water.
IMAGINE ... really, take a moment and imagine a world where EVERY individual has clean drinking water from the tap, electricity in their home, and enough food to eat.

Imagine what a worldwide minimum wage would be like?

We can have a new future and WE can affect it by our thoughts.
[color=cyan]"Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world." and, [color=cyan]"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts we make the world."
~ both by Buddha

What you think, say, and do make a worldwide difference. I challenge you to take some time on 11/11/11 to make our Earth a single community and truly make a change happen.

* Water.org

edit on 4-11-2011 by Thermo Klein because: added link

edit on 4-11-2011 by Thermo Klein because: added a little color

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'm grateful to live in a time where information flows freely (internet) and it's all ripe for the picking.
I'm also grateful that despite the horrific world we live in, there are some who give their time and love to others to overcome disparities and to unify under a simple cause.

Love and understanding.

I see my existence here as not something "special" per se, but a chance.. and opportunity to fight the darkness with my light, and to hopefully along the way inspire others and also to take inspiration by the deeds of others.

Human consciousness is expanding and evolving into something new and amazing.

This is a bumpy ride we're on, but slowly the truth will surface that this reality is what we make it.
Many decisions are based off of fear... apathy runs rampant in society.
Apathy formed from fear of the unknown.

The more you learn the more you can understand. Empathy will replace apathy.

Which in the end will pull us all together.
Then we will truly flourish as a species.

No boundaries.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I know a great number of people who classify themselves as Conservative Republican. PLEASE don't make this into a political thread but my point in mentioning them is they seem to engender competition as an extreme personality trait.

These people I know honestly classify survival of the fittest to every aspect of life, fine that some people "don't work hard enough" so they end up laying in a gutter homeless. They believe in the POWER of America, that we are smarter and harder working and that's why it doesn't matter that workers in other countries work for a few cents a day. They want to bomb Iran because they buy into a label that "they" (the whole country) are a bunch of deranged fanatics.

If you value competition to that extreme I urge you to take a step back and imagine someone who is unable to work - maybe a child or someone in a wheelchair (concerning physical work). Should those people be without the very basics of life - electricity, clean water, food because they didn't work hard enough??

Do the same visualization from the OP concerning whomever you think can benefit from those amenities and if possible carry it beyond the borders of America.

We can truly change our world (and still allow for some competition
)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein

These people I know honestly classify survival of the fittest to every aspect of life, fine that some people "don't work hard enough" so they end up laying in a gutter homeless. They believe in the POWER of America, that we are smarter and harder working and that's why it doesn't matter that workers in other countries work for a few cents a day. They want to bomb Iran because they buy into a label that "they" (the whole country) are a bunch of deranged fanatics.

I think that someone should take them at their word that they honestly believe that if you can yank it away from them, then you're entitled to it. The problem is that these sissies are the first ones to scream if anyone even looks at their collection of advantages, and they work to structure laws and law enforcement to serve their very focused agenda.

If they want to live by the sword, then they should be willing to die by the sword. Frankly, I can wait to get some of those heroes to the other side. Suffering is best imposed when you've got eternity to work with, and considering how ultimately lost the uber-competitive of this world are, why bother with them on this side of the divide? Let them earn their hell. Why junk it up with any failure-connected revelations? I see a real benefit in letting those idiots cripple themselves up really good as they go from feeding frenzy to feeding frenzy.

Maybe it's that sadistic prick that lives just beneath my skin affecting my outlook, but I see no reason to wake any of those people up.

edit on 11/4/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

I prefer to think of it as lack of empathy, not really evil (in most cases). I also believe in ongoing Karma rather than Hell

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Lovely thread!

I will definitely be sending positive, loving thoughts out that day-(I do everyday!
)

Thanks for sharing

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jewells

Thanks! I'll have the whole day off. Might be doing a little hiking and meditating, might even go vegetarian (for the day) for old times sake

new topics

top topics

join