It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bokashi!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Ive been using Bokashi.. and love it. You use it in your compost bucket in your kicthen. The Bokashi in it ferments and breaks down the stuff rather than it putrefying.. so no odor!

You can make Bokashi yourself.. or buy it. This has made the BEST compost/fertilizer I have ever used.. you cant even buy anything this good. Thought Id share.. and good luck to all with your gardens in spring!

www.teraganix.com...
www.cityfarmer.org...
www.compostguy.com...
www.bokashicycle.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Sounds kewl I will have to try this! Good Find OP!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
just like cookinga recipe

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS

Sounds kewl I will have to try this! Good Find OP!

Justa note.. dont use too much dairy in the bucket with the bokashi.. it doesnt seem to break it down as well as other regular kitchen waste.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Ewww Grosss! I wanna try it

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

So, this is all kitchen waste?
Not only veggies but also meats, eggshells, cheese, Etc?
I have never heard of this and it sounds cool.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

So, this is all kitchen waste?
Not only veggies but also meats, eggshells, cheese, Etc?
I have never heard of this and it sounds cool.

Yep.. Ive used meats and fats in it as well. You do get some odor with the meats but not a putrid rotting meat smell.. everything else is basically odor free. I compost everything possible to be honest and this Bokashi really does well. Id used a liquid accelerator out in the outdoor compost heap previously and though it did well, I still had the kitchen stuff that took too long and started to putrefy. Bokashi makes it ferment rather than putrefy and it can used in the garden much quicker. From the Bin in the kitchen I can actually go out and turn it into the soil... no outdoor time needed to break down. Put your liquids in the kitchen bin with the bokashi too. My idea is to use the Bokashi in large batches on the outdoor yard waste bins... quick fertilizer for the new raised beds we are doing for next season!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by remyrange
Ewww Grosss! I wanna try it

Gross??? Nahh... nowhere near as gross as the data Ive been compiling about HUMANURE!
Plus, you havent seen my worm farm... my veggies love worm doodoo.

WIth the composting and fertilizing I do I get a huge harvest and much larger and more healthy veggies. My game with myself is seeing how much I can NOT use the grocery store.. to see how low I can get the fam of 5 food bill and how far I can stock up in the root cellar. Competition with yourself is probably hardest competition.

top topics

join