It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kobe Bryant case dismissed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I just tuned in to CNN and heard the Kobe Bryant case has been dismissed I will post any details as they happen

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Update from CNN on aol.

Sexual assalt charges dropped.

Prosecuters say thay have no choice but to drop the case because the accuser no longer wishes to participate.

www.aolsvc.news.aol.com...

Apparently the woman still has a civil case against Bryant but no longer wants a criminal trial.

How much money and time has already been spent on this trial and now she gets to change her mind? I guess now she onlywants money, if she was really raped I would think she would go through with the trial.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
It was always about the money. She won't even win a Civil case.

SHE LIED!

If she backs down from the criminal case only to purue a civil suit that means she's been lying the whole time for the money. There was no evidence against Kobe Bryant.

So sad how a whore can taint Kobe's image with three words. "He raped me"

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Yeah, I was watching hockey on ESPN and they came on and said that it was dismissed. I'm not surprised in the least. Kobe will still have to fork over tons of cash, but I suppose that is better then prison.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
It was always about the money. She won't even win a Civil case.

SHE LIED!

If she backs down from the criminal case only to purue a civil suit that means she's been lying the whole time for the money. There was no evidence against Kobe Bryant.

So sad how a whore can taint Kobe's image with three words. "He raped me"

A civil case is easier to win then a criminal case. As the burden of proof is lower in a civil case. I wouldnt be surprised in a civil case is filed shortly and that a settlement is reached.

I think it has always been about money

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The tough part about celebrity rape trials is that no matter what the outcome, the famous one is always under scrutiny whether guilty or innocent and never totally trusted , they are followed by that shadow of doubt always. If they are guilty or innocent it does not matter, the burden of proof is so hard to prove, it comes down to his word against hers. In the courtroom or in the world it comes down to who is more credible because there are only two people in the room when it happens.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
exactly...just look at OJ Simpson. There are actually some people that have a small feeling that he might have done it.

Kidding

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
sad, i have a couple of free koby shirt to sale, now its over!!!what am i gonna do with them ...

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Kobe Bryant should have known better than to get mixed up with any one other than his wife. I sure hope he learned his lesson.

I thought that chick wanted money all along. I can't imagine Kobe raping a woman; he has enough money and fame to buy sex or get it for free. You never know, though.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   

A civil case is easier to win then a criminal case. As the burden of proof is lower in a civil case. I wouldnt be surprised in a civil case is filed shortly and that a settlement is reached.

I think it has always been about money

Yep, OJ being a prime example. However, in this case, the fact that she didn't testify, is going to be a huge blow to the civil case as well...but she'll likely get an out of court settlement, just to make the whole thing go away...

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Of course it is about money! Kobe doesn't need to rape anyone. He has enough money to buy an orgy with Spears, Christina, Madonna, Pamela Anderson, Trish Stratus, Brandy, and about 50 other hot women. Why would he rape some mediocor(sp?) woman?

It is for the money, Kobe should spend some of that money so she has an "accident" and get it over with. Maybe ask Tanya Harding for help.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I am glad the charges were dropped. I still do not have a clue why Kobe would cheat on his wife. Have you seen how good looking she is?

new topics

top topics

join