It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Two Financial Nukes Explode"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
One thing I heard is that Germany owes a bit of money to Greece from WW2; couldn't they go after Germany to pay Greece back then Greece can pay off a bit of their debt?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
If Greece defaults on its debt and refuses to pay, then we shall have no choice but to arrest the whole country and throw them all in a really big prison that gets built with money from I don't know where and guards and meals and parole hearings and probation and leg monitors and shooot... Doesn't this crisis sort of sound built up to anyone? A lot of fear mongering by really big banks that made a lot of bad investments who are now clamoring about it so that the public can foot another bailout instead of letting these financial dinosaurs die?

I mean, if Greece can't pay back money that it has borrowed then whomever loaned it to them in the first place are the ones that have to eat it, right?. For gods sake, the people of Greece didn't vote for all that debt in the first place anyway. Why should they be made to suffer? Let them go back to what they were doing before their leaders agreed to saddle the country with a lot of un necessary capital that was used for what by the way? New castles and Limos and Lear jets for Their One Percenters?

And now that the money is all gone, Boo Hoo, they want more...? And the lenders who loaned it to them at to high an interest want it back, Boo Hoo? Its gone!!! Eat the loss already without crying to someone else about it you greedy money grubbers! And thanks to the MSM for pleading their case so loyally in the news (more Boo Hoo) so we think that its so necessary to pay a little more tax to "help out" the poor little bankers.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

It;s all a shell game where they shuffle loans and money around to make things appear desperate enough to force Nations to accept loans to bail them out. The USD is sinking as is the Euro and they in turn are being propped up by money from China.
So if anyone ever pooh-poohs the idea that there is a world communist conspiracy to bring in a New World Order just remind them that SOMEHOW the entire supposedly "Free" Western World is now in debt to a Communist Country, China.
No conspiracy here, it's just hidden manipulation.
Our economies are fine, there's plenty of money but the real powers that be are holding the bag and watching everyone squirm.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
We distribute products world-wide and I deal with importing products from all over the world. Most companies have been told at one time or another to use USD when determining MSRP on their products so that the Retail price doesn't fluctuate each week based on currency conversions. For those that don't or can't it's a constant issue each invoice. in the past year we've dropped a few lines because of questionable currency practices. ( holding orders for a better rate or back dating the order to take advantage of a better rate.) Some restocks can take 3-6 weeks.

For the International Retailers who buy from us they must all do so using USD pricing. Because the value of their currency is higher than our USD no one cares. But as lsoon as the USD is worth more than their currency they will demand to be billed via their dollar.

If Greece leaves the EUR than it just means we as a company will still expect those retailers to pay in USD. This will be the same case throughtout the world. It will make imported products too expensive to enjoy.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for some really good explanations. I've been away from ATS for a bit. I've been keeping up with things enough to know that all of this is by design. But when we're told "OMG Greece is about to default that means the whole world will go bankrupt!!" I just have to pause. Greece is not a big country and hardly a Big Dog in world affairs. I think it's more that the Greece fiasco will be used to sell us more garbage policies or it will be the flash point to something worse that we don't see coming yet.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join