It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edmonton car attack officers keep Met Police jobs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Edmonton car attack officers keep Met Police jobs

www.bbc.co.uk

Six Scotland Yard officers who attacked a suspect's car with baseball bats will keep their jobs despite being found guilty of discreditable conduct.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Well it isnt just New York cops who can do stuff which is wrong and get away with it.
The video shows police men jumping out of a cop car to arrest a suspected car thief and they just bash the car with baseball bats.
My big problem is they cause a lot of damage to the car and the poor owner has to deal with 1) His car stolen 2) being smashed up by police.
If I was just driving past and saw this I wouldn't think Oh its just the cop's arresting someone I would think OMG some people are attacking that man in the car.
So they keep their job's despite being found guilty of discreditable conduct.
No need for it in the UK this they are trained better abd they used non issue weapons.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2-11-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Happens all over the world, it's quite a shame.

www.wsws.org...

Check that out.

The Star found that since its inception in 1990, the SIU “has conducted at least 3,400 investigations and laid criminal charges after only 95 of them …only 16 officers have been convicted of a crime. Only three have seen the inside of a jail.”
In the first ten years of the SIU’s existence, “only 22 officers were charged for excessive force offences … of those, two were found guilty. Civilians by contrast are convicted of the equivalent charge 50 percent of the time.” Even when police officers were found guilty in court, the Star found that on at least ten occasions the judge spared the offender jail time.

Police getting away with all sorts of crap, IIRC one of those convictions was a police officer accepting a blowjob from a prostitute in exchange for not giving her a ticket. Bad policing no doubt, but when other officers are getting away with brutal acts like the kinds those officers in the article you posted, what sense does that make? There is some serious flaws in the punishment of police officers around the world and it needs to change.

new topics

join