It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BC Hydro, Another example of financial greed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
www.timescolonist.com...

Hydro lost $249 million in 2009-10, but deferred $696 million in expenses to post a year-end net income of $447 million. Senior executives then claimed $528,856 in bonuses that were, in part, tied to financial targets like net income and return on regulatory equity.

It makes you wonder why people are confused about the protests around the globe these days. Do they honestly think that this is okay? I live in the said province and it is one of the most expensive to live in. I bring in over 40k a year and am still only paying rent/food...etc. But no savings, not a chance. This isn't the only example in BC either.

The leadership here is ridiculous, increasing their pay, their size of government while cutting programs left right and center and telling WE THE PEOPLE to tighten our belts. It's time this is put to an end. You may not agree with the OWS protests mixed messages but can we not all agree there needs to be a change?

edit on 2-11-2011 by Vardoger because: title sp

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Vardoger

They are all crooks. The whole lot of them. ICBC, BC Ferries, BC Transit, BC Hydro.

Trust me they're all just as bad out here in Ontario too.

I guess you have to pick your poison.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
If your looking to move to Alberta namely Calgary , I would suggest taking a real close look . It has become one of the rudest places . Lived here all my life and seen it go into the toilet since 2000 , prices and the general cost of living is wacked if your single . The housing market was so over inflated it was pathetic and still is , get room mates or you will never have any cash saved here .

It may look good but the under belly , well you get the idea i hope .

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
For sure, ICBC was sitting on over 3 billion in cash reserves not to long ago.....

But yes, It doesn't help that I live in the city of the newly wed or the newly dead. to give you an example of housing prices going up. Back in the 80's my parents bought their house for just over 80k. Lats appraisal put it over 600k, for the land/location as the house is from the 30's only 1800sq/ft.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I was raised in Vancouver. BC stands for Bring Cash.

It's expensive and crowded there, I made my escape 5 years ago, to Saskatchewan. Much less crowded, and way cheaper. The roads leave a lot to be desired, but most people here seem to drive 4x4s.

All the power companies though, are all too costly. Saskpower probably isn't any better, but they're the only one in the province, and I've heard about them cutting off peoples' power in the winter for lack of payment. That should be illegal in a province that goes down to -40 celcius. Without the windchill.

join