It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Price of peanut butter up as much as 40%

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
To all those that said that PB was an old stand by, for people with little money etc...... I may not be well off, but I can afford to eat a lot better than PB&J, however, sometimes you just have to have one. I always have a jar of good old crunchy in the cupboard.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
One thing...you can always buy peanut butter powder. You can reconstitute it with any liquid, or jam/honey, etc. Since it's in powdered form, likely they have a backlog of product and buying it now would be a good idea...will last longer than the regular stuff (which has a shelf life of...don't know for sure...3 years maybe? because of the oil base).

Anyway, not a bad item for your food storage anyway...now it's looking to be much more expensive in the near-term.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Ya except in the US we're past harvest for one thing for another in most cities and towns you need a permit to have a garden large enough to feed a family on and you may not just randomly have chickens roaming around.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Read the label, "Partially hydrogenated oil" They take out the peanut oil, they bottle, it sell it, and replace it with hydrogenated oils. Choosy mothers don't chose Jiff..

Some of the stores I shop at has Peanut grinders also almonds. Or make your own.

If Jiff and Skippy is all they have to offer I think I will pass.
edit on 1-11-2011 by Tygart because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NoNameBrand

I agree.. Nothing better than crunchy PB and strawberry jelly every now and again...

Snack of champions!!!

Even if the price of PB is going up... it will still be by far the cheapest sandwich option available... no matter which way you slice it (which in my case is diagonal) and with or without the crust!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join