It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25$ Million lawsuit against pilots family.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

The family of a Texas man killed when a racing aircraft crashed into spectators in Reno has filed $25 million lawsuit against the pilot's family, a mechanic on the World War II aircraft and the organization that hosted the event.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

I fail to see how the pilots family should be responsible for this tragedy.
It's sad that it happened and this seems to make things worse.imo

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

"There are two groups of wrongdoers," said Houston-based attorney Tony Buzbee, who filed the civil liability lawsuit on behalf of Dr. Sezen Altug, a physician and widow of dead spectator Craig Salerno, and their two children, ages 6 and 8. "Those who pushed the limits of physics on the plane, being risk takers and reckless without regard for the people who might be watching them, and those who promoted and profited from hosting the show." Read more: www.beaumontenterprise.com...

www.beaumontenterprise.com... s/article/APNewsBreak-Lawsuit-filed-in-Reno-air-race-crash-2246758.php

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It just seems to me that when you choose to attend these types of air shows, with pilots performing acrobats and dangerous stunts, you must assume some risk. I recognize that there may be some negligence on the pilots part that might lead to a civil suit. For instance if the pilot failed to maintain proper maintenance of his plane, or if he was performing a stunt that he was not qualified to perform.A bsent this, I fail to see where a civil suit is warranted. Only my opinion, of course.
edit on 11/1/2011 by VeniVidi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

I remember being in st.louis when these shows were taking place and it made me uneasy to be around.
I would not be able to sit in bleachers and have a plane fly just above head level.
My fight or flight instincts kick in at that point.
It looks like they are asking for more than the pilot left his family.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
pushing the limits of physics is what racing is about. Thats like suing a nascar driver who lost control and plowed through a fence into onlookers.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Slanter

I wonder if the lawyer could be held accountable?
If he were aware that there was a danger and did not speak out about it until there is money to be made.

new topics

top topics

join