It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel: Army authorized to stop Gaza rockets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Israel: Army authorized to stop Gaza rockets

www.msnbc.msn.com

JERUSALEM — Israel has authorized its military to take all necessary steps to stop rocket fire from Gaza, including a ground operation, an Israeli military official said Tuesday, as Egypt worked on a truce and said Israel had agreed to delay stepping up its response.

The Israeli government decision stopped well short of ordering tanks to roll into Gaza, and it appeared unlikely that would happen, as rocket fire all but stopped over the past day.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Wonder how far this will go, even if the rocket attacks stop? Lots of talk all Summer about a Fall intervention.

I wonder how many rocket attacks from Mexico into El Paso or Los Angeles it would take before people would call for an all out war across borders?..

Also:

Shalom: We're nearing dramatic decision to end rocket fire
www.ynetnews.com...

Egypt destroy 4 smuggling tunnels at Gaza border
www.almasryalyoum.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I wonder how many rocket attacks from Mexico into El Paso or Los Angeles it would take before people would call for an all out war across borders?..

I guess we'll have to wait for the US to invade Mexico, claim and occupy their land, bulldoze their homes, destroy their historical sites and plant trees there instead, and then force all the Mexicans into tightly controlled ghettos monitored by gunpoint.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I'm sick of war....

edit on 1-11-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I thought we already occupied Mexican land a couple hundred years ago?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Human nature is war. It will never stop.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Nam Mexico agreed to give it to ours.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Depends on who you ask. If you ask the Mexicans the Us is still occupying Mexico (Texas). And the country of Mexico still exists, the US isn't claiming it never existed, and isn't questioning their right to exist now.

But I don't think the US "invaded" Mexico based on a loose biblical claim to the region, or maybe they did.
edit on 1-11-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

I think the ancestors of the Mexican Cession would disagree

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

I guess we'll have to wait for the US to invade Mexico, claim and occupy their land, bulldoze their homes, destroy their historical sites and plant trees there instead, and then force all the Mexicans into tightly controlled ghettos monitored by gunpoint.

Bad analogy, I guess..

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by Paulioetc15

I think the ancestors of the Mexican Cession would disagree

Like it not, they agreed to it as part of a treaty of 1848. And i live in California, the nicest place in the state and not like in Mexico. remember i been down south there and good thing they didn't try and take over this state

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Bad analogy, I guess..

I cant imagine a good analogy for Israel-Palestine.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Mexican–American War

Border War (1910–1919)

The Border War, or the Border Campaign[1], refers to the military engagements which took place in the Mexican-American border region of North America during the Mexican Revolution. From the beginning of it in 1910, the United States Army was stationed in force along the border and on several occasions fought with Mexican rebels or federals. The height of the conflict came in 1916 when revolutionary Pancho Villa attacked the American border town of Columbus, New Mexico. In response, the United States Army, under the direction of General John J. Pershing, launched an expedition into northern Mexico, to find and capture Villa. Though the operation was successful in finding and engaging the Villista rebels, the revolutionary himself escaped and the American army returned to the United States in January 1917. Conflict at the border continued however and the United States launched several more smaller operations into Mexican territory until 1919 when violence decreased significantly after the Battle of Ambos Nogales. Conflict was not only subject to Villistas and Americans; Maderistas, Carrancistas, Constitutionalistas and Germans also engaged in battle with American forces during this period. The war was one of the highlights of the Old West era.

The border has never been stable.

Just like Israel/Gaza.

Plus that, The Vatican claimed all land in the Americas 500 years ago.

Has that ever been recinded?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Israel : oh look the worlds distracted with the ows protests lets go slaughter more palestinians..and if anyone asks we just say they shot a rocket at us..

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Naw. The US would only tightly contain the troublemakers like the Zeta gangs and whatnot.

No different than the Palestinians. West Bank is free of Israeli intrusion as they are stable and peaceful. Gaza is ruled by the aggressive Hamas, who in their charter explicitly call for no less than the complete destruction of Israel. They launch rockets and wonder why they are attacked.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

i wonder if they shot rockets at your house trying to kill you and your family would you have the same attitude...wake up and live in the real world ........

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
November 2nd 2011

ca.news.yahoo.com...

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel test-fired a missile on Wednesday, two days after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned of the "direct and heavy threat" posed to the Jewish state by Iran's nuclear program.
"Israel today carried out the test-firing of a rocket propulsion system from the Palmachim base," a Defense Ministry statement said. "This had been long planned by the Defense establishment and was carried out as scheduled."

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
apologies double post
edit on 2/11/11 by Expat888 because: technical difficulties..

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
network error..
Multi post apologies
edit on 2/11/11 by Expat888 because: error

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Wonder how far this will go, even if the rocket attacks stop? Lots of talk all Summer about a Fall intervention.

Also:

Shalom: We're nearing dramatic decision to end rocket fire
www.ynetnews.com...

Egypt destroy 4 smuggling tunnels at Gaza border
www.almasryalyoum.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com

Even if the government didn't step in and commit military action against mexico for doing that there would still be a war because we americans have a right to defend our country and when it comes to someone commiting to war against us, we don't need a f*cking badge to hide behind or a general or even a president. They would voluntarily stop it or we would make them stop and we will ask nicely only once, the next time we have to ask we would be asking with our "fists".

top topics

join