It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PASSION for LIFE, do you have it!?? every man dies; not every man really lives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This thread is about PASSION!

The name of the thread is a quote by Mel Gibson in the movie Braveheart. I know many of you already knew that
Gibson plays William Wallace, a Scottish landowner who fought the English and helped ensure that Scotland would be an autonomous nation.

Braveheart is an amazing movie about hope and passion, awareness and public action.

I saw something yesterday, here on ATS, that reminded me of William Wallace and his great actions and speeches on the battlefields of Scotland and England.

It was in America... it was at OWS, or #Occupy Wall Street... here's the quote that gave me chills.

At some point everybody has to question what they’re doing and why they’re even here, what they’re doing in their job, if they’re being expressive of their Democracy. And a greater question: what did they ever really do to be considered an American? Did you fall out of a pussy in New York or New Jersey or Kansas; that’s why you’re an American? Did you ever stand up for your Human rights or your Civil rights? Did you ever try to reform a government that’s done nothing but leach this country dry, stealing from people constantly?

~ Immortal Technique, at Occupy Wall Street

(I refuse to censor this man's words but I understand there are rules we must abide by on ATS; mods, please feel free to *** out the one word some people aren't grown up enough to take as artistic license)

I found the video interview that contained this quote here on ATS and I encourage you to visit the thread and bring it to the front page... or better go out to an Occupy protest and write this quote on a sign!! I'll be there with it, feel free to look me up!

But the question is.... to ALL OUR WORLD.... what have you done lately to call yourself "American" or far better, a CITIZEN OF OUR WORLD??

Every man dies.... not every man really lives! Take it to the streets and tell these fat corrupt corporations and elite governments that they can take our lives.... but they may not take our FREEDOM!!!!

(actually they can't have either! so let's tell them)

edit on 1-11-2011 by Thermo Klein because: changed title

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

What have I done to call myself American? Pushed greedy moochers off my land because they were there without asking me directly, and had attitude issues.

Good speech. Now all we need to do is find a few hundred guys in kilts, and then we'll make them listen!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

hell ya! I have my kilt ready to go!

(I happen to be related to Robert the Bruce, back in the day (obviously
)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Two more quotes to consider. ( By the way, nice post. )

There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. Nelson Mandela

And just as important:

If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins. Benjamin Franklin

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Well, I'm passionate about everything I do....otherwise, why do it? If I see a wrong, I step up. Everyone should in my opinion. Here's my mantra...
"On life's vast ocean diversely we sail. Reasons the card, but passion the gale."
Alexander Pope

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Great quotes and mantras!

Keep 'em coming!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

The origin of my last names means - to charge in with great courage and valor!

I'm not an American however, but I care about all the same issues, except that I'm of the POV that we must first be the change we seek in the world without as a first/last cause. First we need to reclaim and understand the full magnitude of our own power, at all levels, before we can really take it to them in the form of a massively rising wave of increasing civil conscious awareness, enough to move mountains of historical causation.

First we need to possess the right philosophy and ideal and deep understanding - this is how all the greats changed history.

First become a TITAN - then move the whole world at a command.

new topics

top topics

join