It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannibalism during a SHTF scenario - would you eat or die?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by pcbph
If I had access to a gun or some drug that would kill me, I would use it to kill myself, as I wouldn't want to live in a world where cannebalism was excistent.

[color=cyan]
You have good compassion, so KEEP your FAITH and you may exist elsewhere so dont consider suicide ITS NOT AN OPTION... Life and death are phases within existence.

NAMASTE*******

so then God would support cannabalism? because killing yourself is not acceptable. not eating is an intentional choice so starvation is not acceptable. that leaves us with eating the bodies and then what happens when the bodies are gone? you're left with these horrible images in your mind of your daughter eating grandma before you starve to death anyway. I'm not trying to be mean, just sayin

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

Originally posted by lance_covel
With this thread in mind, I'm sure some will find this link interesting.

101 Ways to Prepare Long Pork

While it may be easy for us to say "No!, I would never do THAT!". One never really knows until they are starving, or watching a wife or child starve to death. Its not a simple thing as running out of energy and laying down and dieing quietly.
Starvation

In a SHTF situation and you are living in any type of community, you may find yourself eating long pork and enjoying it before you even know what it is. You might be very grateful that someone has such a good chili recipe.

Would I eat another human? Without a doubt, yes. Also, I would want to be eaten if it ensured the survival of my family or close friends. Would I kill a family member or close friend for food? No. But, since we are all starving to death, it will only be a matter of who dies first and if the survivor has the energy left to even eat enough to survive at that point.

I wonder why people who are starving in Africa don't eat each other.

Somebody in this thread already said they do. Page 5 or 6 I think..

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lance_covel
With this thread in mind, I'm sure some will find this link interesting.

101 Ways to Prepare Long Pork

While it may be easy for us to say "No!, I would never do THAT!". One never really knows until they are starving, or watching a wife or child starve to death. Its not a simple thing as running out of energy and laying down and dieing quietly.
Starvation

In a SHTF situation and you are living in any type of community, you may find yourself eating long pork and enjoying it before you even know what it is. You might be very grateful that someone has such a good chili recipe.

Would I eat another human? Without a doubt, yes. Also, I would want to be eaten if it ensured the survival of my family or close friends. Would I kill a family member or close friend for food? No. But, since we are all starving to death, it will only be a matter of who dies first and if the survivor has the energy left to even eat enough to survive at that point.

I wonder why people who are starving in Africa don't eat each other.

Simply, they are born in to starvation. From the day they take that first breath, they are already starving. I think it might be a bit different if a person actually sees themselves go from healthy to skeletal. Also, although it is rarely an occurrence in Africa now (other than among certain tribes), cannibalism once was widespread there. From the accounts of early explorers, it would appear that it was most prevalent when the region started going from habitable to the almost barren state that it is in now.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

that's f'd up

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

Originally posted by jroberts227
reply to post by br0ker

I would eat to survive, gross as that may seem. Even people after death are only meat. That and I know that cooked human flesh smells and looks somewhat like chicken.

I just sayin...

Dude that's not even funny....

EDIT to delete details... but seriously, its not something you would be so blasé about if you had actually seen and smelt that.
edit on 2-11-2011 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

Poster fiftyfifty is right. I should not have been so flippant with my comment. I would remove it, but it is no longer an option for my original comment, all I can do is reply or quote.
edit on 2011/11/3 by jroberts227 because: Removing detail that is unnecessary

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

reply to post by br0ker

I would eat to survive, gross as that may seem. Even people after death are only meat. That and I know that cooked human flesh smells and looks somewhat like chicken.

I just sayin...

Dude that's not even funny....

EDIT to delete details... but seriously, its not something you would be so blasé about if you had actually seen and smelt that.
edit on 2-11-2011 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

I've smelled the smoke from a crematorium and it ain't so bad. I think my biggest hesitation would be first is it even WORTH surviving at that point? What does your future hold when TSHTF?

Smelling the smoke from the crematorium is not seeing and smelling at the same time bud. I deleted my original reply because I thought it was unneccessary but in context to this thread, seeing a human body on fire and smelling the smell that goes with it is something that stays with you. There is something inside the human brain that finds the physical destruction of another human body in real life the hardest thing to deal with. only severe desperation or an emotional defect could alter this in my opinion.

I agree with you, fiftyfifty. The sight and smell never leaves, and anything vaguely similar brings it back. Perhaps my comment was improper after all. I am going to go back and edit the details out of my previous posts and only answer the question, no details.

I am a diagnosed Post Traumatic Stress Disorder sufferer. As such, I sometimes fail to realize that others do not share my experiences and, on occasion, say things that are considered shocking.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Cheers,

J

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

reply to post by br0ker

I just sayin...

Okay, it seems that I am no longer able to edit my post (quoted above) to remove the extra detail. I do not know why. In any event, it was brought to my attention that these details were improper. I'd like to apologise to anyone who may have been shocked, offended or sickened by them.
edit on 2011/11/3 by jroberts227 because: Spelling
Perhaps one of the moderators would be kind enough to go back to it and remove it from this thread? It's on page 9.
edit on 2011/11/3 by jroberts227 because: Add possible solution for pervious post removal.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

In the novel Lucifer's Hammer by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle it took nine weeks after the comet impact for some to turn cannibal. I suppose it depends-because if you dont have any food you can survive for 30 days longer if youre heavier-but you get weaker and weaker you wont be able to do anything-you might have to but you would have to make sure that the body had not died from sickness and wasnt contaminated by radiation-I suppose if thats what I had to do to stay alive for my daughter I would do it because her survival is everything to me. But depending on the scenario there could be all sorts of food-maybe not what you're used to but edible nonetheless

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

Good reply. I'm laughing a bit. Only because I realize that what you typed is true in an end times event. Your right. Star for you.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

Well hey, it was hilarious

Anyway, should I take it as a bad omen that this post got me 13 flags?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

You did good for a beginner! LOL.

Best wishes.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

Thanks.. I totally regret this being one of my first threads though..

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
There is an honest poll out there. I wont link it but it can be found. About 1000 responders.

Shows 42% would eat it. 32% would refuse, and the other 26% as undecided.

To me, undecided have made the choice, they just have difficulty expressing it.

2 to 1 odds are not good. Had worse a few times along the way though. Odds are not all that great I would ever see it during my lifespan. Kids, and grandkids...seems the likelyhood goes up over several generations but I would hope people get a grip and stop being lazy and develop their own food supply systems.

Its really not that hard to produce your own food. Its an education issue.
edit on 9-11-2011 by Shadowalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

If you think its going to get bad, raise chickens, its an end less supply of white meat, plus you get eggs, and more baby chicks, remember a hen can be fryed, baked, or made into soup

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by bone13

thats one idea also provided the scenario hasnt destroyed the environment-say it was a superflu or something-there is food available you just have to know how to find it -many plants that we dont think of as edible are edible-there's also insects etc if it came to that-for the protein

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'd be on the hunt for those hippy vegetarians. Nothing like some grain fed human on the grill. The irony would be amazing too, eating people that thought it was wrong to eat other animals.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

The humans are safe with me, I know how to hunt. So if SHTF happens the deer better watch out because here I come!
Turkey, duck, would be just a few more food sources on the menu.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

No cant say i do as i own a survival company, and if you cant live of the land than learn how to. There will be many ways of surviving. Eating human flesh would be holding back our frequencies something shocking. Not staying true to our soul. Get some MRE, water and build a shelter in the bush. Get some knives and other hunting gear and if you still dont make it dont worry as we never really die we just go back to the source. This is the whole reason i built the new business something was foring me down this path especially as there was not a real lot of survival companies in sydney.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I could never live with myself if I did eat another human being. I would have to be a zombie.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

I cut meat for a living
I like pork
I’d carve you up and cook ya like pork.
But seriously. I would not let my family starve but I wouldn’t kill somebody for it.
If meat was available I’d us it.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join