It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the CDC Deliberately Hiding the Truth about the Link between Autism and Mercury in Vaccines?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Source

The latest scandal to hit the CDC is explosive: what appears to be a deliberate cover-up of damning scientific data.

Thimerosal, a controversial mercury compound used as a preservative in certain vaccines, was removed from all vaccines in Denmark in 1992. A subsequent Danish study showed a marked decline in autism rates following the removal of thimerosal, indicating a clear link between mercury in vaccines and the development of autism.

Documents obtained by the Coalition for Mercury-free Drugs (CoMeD) through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) suggest that officials at the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention were fully aware of the Danish data, yet published an article about the study in the journal Pediatrics which excluded this information, manipulated the data to misrepresent the decline as an increase, and propagated the erroneous conclusion that thimerosal in vaccines does not cause autism.

I do not care how they put it, but the studies speak for themselves.

With the fact that Denmark banned thermosal and all of a sudden the incidents of autism declined, that should be a red flag there. I think the only reason they do not want to admit their fault is they are scared of legal action against them.

It does not surprise me that CDC makes up their own facts to fit their agenda, so does the US government...

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
No surprise......CDC will probably be the cause for the future zombie outbreak after one of their genetically modified virus' become unleashed upon the citizens.....

Thanks for the post! This info is highly damning to them isnt it!
edit on 31-10-2011 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
No, they are not. Find something better to worry about

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
first, I don't trust that source one bit. Not when it undoubtedly has an agenda. The site is "alliance for natural health." I'm sure being against vaccines is a part of their agenda.
So I'd take all of this article with a grain of salt.

Second, whoever wrote this article is lacking serious knowledge on this topic.

Even the CDC admits, on its own website, that flu shot immunity is at best temporary. Why the shot does not confer the kind of immunity provided by other vaccines is not explained, but it presumably has to do with the changing nature of the flu virus. What is also not explained is why the CDC may recommend exactly the same shot two years in a row,

Presumably? No, if you know anything about the flu virus, you'd know for a fact that the flu virus changes every year that's why you need a new shot every year. Most viruses don't mutate anywhere close to as fast as the flu virus does. The CDC probably didn't bother mentioning this fact because it's so basic. It really is extremely basic knowledge about the flu shot; they teach it in introductory biology courses.
"What is also not explained is why the CDC may recommend exactly the same shot two years in a row"
Why doesn't the author try to do some investigating and try to find out why they are recommending it two years in a row? Oh, that's right, because he's a terrible author, who doesn't need facts, he's just pushing his agenda. As long as his message is "Vaccines are bad" it doesn't matter what he writes.

Third, "Mercury," surprise! it's just as bad for you as previously thought. If anyone is surprised...

Fourth,

A subsequent Danish study showed a marked decline in autism rates following the removal of thimerosal,

It's a STUDY, NOT an EXPERIMENT. You can't claim a causal relationship based on studies. Only experiments. It's a fundamental foundation of the scientific method.

Originally posted by predator0187

I do not care how they put it, but the studies speak for themselves.

I
"The discontinuation of thimerosal-containing
vaccines in Denmark in 1992 was followed by an
increase in the incidence of autism."
-from the study cited in the op's source

That's how the study put it. /facepalm

I should've looked at the actual study first. /facepalm

It freakin says that after it was discontinued the rate of autism increased!!!!
no wonder the U.S. government ignored it, they ignored it because autism increased after the vaccines were removed!!!

Cmon! You people need to actually read the studies, not summaries of studies from people with a clear agenda.
/facepalm

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by alkesh

Good counter argument,

Thanks for settling that for me. I was worried, you know, with all the evidence piling up against them and all the new studies coming out on the subject. But, the fact you post a single sentence with absolutely no proof to what you say, well that helps a lot.

Pred...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
my previous post was a little long. Here's the important part that I didn't find until the end:

Originally posted by predator0187 I do not care how they put it, but the studies speak for themselves.
I "The discontinuation of thimerosal-containing vaccines in Denmark in 1992 was followed by an increase in the incidence of autism." -from the study cited in the op's source

I know it's in my previous post, but it probably got buried in my post; i didn't find it until i was almost done with my post. I feel it's important for everyone to read. I mean the actual study that's being cited in this "story" says the complete opposite of what the story says.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

The CDC isn't the only organization, and the US isn't the only country, to disprove the fraudulent link between vaccines and autism. A Japanese university also found no link, as did a British team comprising academics and public health professionals, and a couple of epidemiologists from Boston University, another Japanese study, and many more articles you can easily find through Google Scholar. And there are the Danes, whose data you can look at yourself. The nefarious CDC couldn't have poisoned independent research on three continents.

Wakefield's paper set the world on fire. And the world did their own research, put the fire out, and moved on. The fear-mongers and Wakefieldites have been trying to relight that fire for years, but it just isn't catching.
edit on 31-10-2011 by FurvusRexCaeli because: Danes

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Actually, autism has all the classic signs of being a prion-caused disease.

Prions by definition are a disease-causing agent that changes normal proteins into abnormal proteins, relating to neurons or various types of neurons. Then the immune system responds by destroying the neurons or component of neurons with the abnormal protein in them. Then prions change DNA by altering protein structure. So it's not just looking for the abnormal proteins that classifies a prion, but there must also be a change in DNA protein structures of those infected.

Abnormal proteins in high levels exist in those diagnosed with autism.

Autistic children have abnormalities in their immune systems and unusual constellations of proteins in their blood that may be an indicator of the disorder, UC Davis researchers said Thursday.
-snip-
Two groups of researchers from the MIND Institute at UC Davis reported that autistic children have a dysfunctional immune system, giving them an abnormal response to pathogens and other agents in the environment.
-snip-
Of 4,000 proteins examined, for instance, 500 occurred at different levels in the two groups. "None of the proteins absolutely diagnose autism," he said, but the group is confident that it can identify a panel of perhaps 100 that will be indicative of the disease with a very high level of confidence.

Hope for early autism diagnosis

Other indications of abnormal proteins which could be associated with prions.

Researchers in Italy are reporting discovery of abnormal proteins in the saliva of autism patients that could eventually provide a clue for the molecular basis of this severe developmental disorder and could be used as a biomarker for a subgroup of patients with autism spectrum disorders (ASD).
Science Daily: Toward A Long-Sought Saliva Test For Autism

Possible alteration of DNA by suspected prions would look like this. Remember that in autism, sometimes the children have mutations in genes that neither parent has. So there has to be something causing the gene mutation in the cases that neither parent has the genes.

"Genetic factors play a major role [in ASD] and include chromosomal abnormalities (in about 10% of patients) or mutations in single genes (probably less than 5%) involved in synaptic development," the researchers explain. "However, according to a general way of thinking, it has been proposed that a few strong acting genes or, alternatively, many weak genes work together to cause autism susceptibility." Given the complex genetics of ASD explaining the biochemical-biological causes of ASD and developing a test have remained a major research challenge.

Scientists have been searching for biomarkers, such as abnormal proteins, present in the bodily fluids of individuals with ASD for many years. The discovery of such a biomarker would provide the means to accurately diagnose ASD, allow support for patients and carers to be provided in a more effective and timely manner. It could also allow the patient's response to treatment to be monitored with greater precision.
-snip-
They found that at least one of four protein fragments, the salivary peptides statherin, histatin 1 and acidic proline-rich proteins, in 19 of the children from the ASD group had significantly lower levels of phosphorylation. Phosphorylation is a key biochemical process that activates proteins. "Phosphorylation of salivary peptides involves a Golgi casein kinase [enzyme] common to many organs and tissues, CNS included, whose expression seems to be synchronized during foetal development," the researchers explain.

Abnormal salivary proteins found in autism

So the abnormal proteins are definitely found in those with Autism and a change in protein structure of DNA--both of which are indicators of prions...in more detail (cont.)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
In autism what abnormal proteins are involved in neurons that look similar to prion transformation of abnormal proteins?

Example 1

New electrophysiological data reveal that the continuity of the rhythmical oscillation in membrane potential generated by inferior olive neurons requires the formation of neuronal assemblies by the connexin36 protein that mediates electrical synapses and promotes neuronal synchrony.
Welsh JP, Ahn ES, Placantonakis DG. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2005 Apr-May;23(2-3):253-63.
Is Autism due to brain desynchronization?

Example 2

A limited number of reports have demonstrated abnormalities involving the glutamate and gamma amino butyric acid systems in blood and platelets of subjects with autism.
Fatemi SH et al. Biol Psychiatry. 2002 Oct 15;52(8):805-10.
Glutamic acid decarboxylase 65 and 67 kDa proteins are reduced in autistic parietal and cerebellar cortices

Example 3

Abnormalities in the protein or mRNA levels of several additional molecules in the glutamate system were identified on further analysis, including glutamate receptor binding proteins.
Purcell AE et al. Neurology. 2001 Nov 13;57(9):1618-28.
Postmortem brain abnormalities of the glutamate neurotransmitter system in autism

Example 4

Autism is a common neurodevelopmental disorder of complex genetic etiology. Rett syndrome, an X-linked dominant disorder caused by MECP2 mutations, and Angelman syndrome, an imprinted disorder caused by maternal 15q11-q13 or UBE3A deficiency, have phenotypic and genetic overlap with autism.
Samaco RC, Hogart A, LaSalle JM Hum Mol Genet. 2005 Feb 15;14(4):483-92.
Epigenetic overlap in autism-spectrum neurodevelopmental disorders: MECP2 deficiency causes reduced expression of UBE3A and GABRB3

Example 5

Recent studies have implicated a number of membrane-associated proteins, including the signaling pair neuroligin and beta-neurexin, in synapse formation, suggesting that they govern the ratio of inhibitory and excitatory synapses on CNS neurons. These findings, together with data indicating that the genes encoding neuroligin and PSD95 are altered in autism patients, suggest that a molecular understanding of complex neurological diseases is within reach.
Cline H. Curr Biol. 2005 Mar 29;15(6):R203-5.
Synaptogenesis: a balancing act between excitation and inhibition

Example 6

This mutation leads to a premature stop codon in the middle of the sequence of the normal protein and is thought to suppress the transmembrane domain and sequences important for the dimerization of neuroligins that are required for proper cell-cell interaction through binding to beta-neurexins.
Laumonnier F et al. Am J Hum Genet. 2004 Mar;74(3):552-7.
X-linked mental retardation and autism are associated with a mutation in the NLGN4 gene, a member of the neuroligin family

Example 7

Neuropathological studies have demonstrated that a number of disease states, ranging from schizophrenia to autism spectrum disorders, display abnormal dendritic spine morphology or numbers. Moreover, recent genetic studies have identified mutations in numerous genes that encode synaptic proteins, leading to suggestions that these proteins may contribute to aberrant spine plasticity that, in part, underlie the pathophysiology of these disorders.
Srivastava DP, Woolfrey KM, Penzes P J Vis Exp. 2011;(53):13.
Analysis of dendritic spine morphology in cultured CNS neurons

Example 8

The autism spectrum disorder tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC) is caused by mutations in the Tsc1 or Tsc2 genes, whose protein products form a heterodimeric complex that negatively regulates mammalian target of rapamycin-dependent protein translation.
Bateup HS et al. Neurosci. 2011 Jun 15;31(24):202-7.
Loss of Tsc1 In Vivo Impairs Hippocampal mGluR-LTD and Increases Excitatory Synaptic Function

Those who start off as normal children who display autistic behavior as adults are usually diagnosed with dementia. When adults display autistic-like behaviors it is labelled a psychological disorder rather than a medical one. But it is interesting that some of the abnormal proteins associated with autism are also found in schizophrenics.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Temple Grandin, Cows, Autism, Abnormal Proteins, and Prions

Think of it like Temple Grandin, a girl with autism. The only thing that would calm her and her autistic episodes is the same things that would calm cows. As a human with autism, she could see what the cows could see. And that's most likely because many cows are infected with the same prion that autistic humans are infected with. Humans infected with autism relate to what cows see TOO EASILY.

You are what you eat. So it wouldn't be the CDC covering up the cause of autism. It would be the beef industry and the USDA. The USDA only tests the cattle for 1% of the known prions, leaving 99% of the cattle untested. The beef industry would do everything in its power to not have to test the cattle for any prions causing the abnormal proteins in neurons of any person diagnosed with autism. And the USDA usually doesn't let the beef industry test for the known prions themselves. The USDA contends that cattle owners and beef companies are not allowed to test beef for prions, only the USDA has the authority to do such testing.

Mercury, Prions, and Vaccines

Could mercury of the vaccines be contributing to a quick or early onset of any human infected with prions? Yes. The worst is usually the anthrax vaccine which is primarily given to soldiers. If any soldier was infected with the prion Cruetzfeldt-Jakob Disease prior to the anthrax vaccination, the vaccination brings on early onset of CJD within a year after injected.

Other abnormal protein (prion suspected) diseases such as Alzheimers, Parkinsons, Multiple Sclerosis, same thing. All soldiers who may have had abnormal proteins circulating in their systems related to Alzheimers, Parkinsons, or MS prior to anthrax vaccination may have had an early onset of symptoms caused by the vaccine. The soldiers usually try to sue the government blaming the vaccine itself and then lose, because they signed a piece of paper giving the government rights to their bodies.

Since in infancy through childhood, children go through so many series of injections for vaccinations, the possibility exists that if there is mercury in the vaccine that it could accumulate, tying up their immune systems. And if the child is already infected with abnormal proteins or prions, the mercury-tied up immune system might be over run by the abnormal proteins or prions.

But that's all theoretical. First one would have to prove what's in the beef first, if the cattle have the same abnormal proteins in them that humans infected with autism have. Unfortunately, most of those cows are slaughtered and eaten before any tests can be done on them. As for now, everyone can already detect what abnormal proteins related to neurons are in those with autism.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Ghost did a good job of explaining this above, but I think it bears repeating. Correlation studies do not, under any circumstances prove a cause, for this study to hold true it must have both a high correlation coefficients, ie- A measurement of to which degree two variables are related and well designed experiments must show said relation, be peer reviewed and replicated by other groups/institutions for this conclusion to hold true. That's the scientific process, and if you're going to try to use science to prove a point, you need to adhere to it. Surveys and studies like this are a good first step to creating a hypothesis, along with naturalistic/clinical observation, but nothing more.

Let me give you an example, let's say that the number of citrus fruits being transported by trucks from 1995-2000 have increased and that also during this time deaths from traffic accidents have decreased by 20%. Without doing well designed experiments, peer reviewing the findings and replicating the results at least once more there is no way to know if the decrease in traffic crash mortality is from more citrus fruits or better safety features or more efficient health care or anything. All this does is show a correlation, not a cause, and like it was mentioned above, a variety of experiments by a variety of institutions on entirely different continents have completed the scientific method and proved your hypothesis untrue, namely that vaccines do not cause increased autism rates.

Try reading this to start: en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 1-11-2011 by Tetrarch42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
www.naturalnews.com...

S&F
Got another link for this ^^

top topics

join