It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will History remember the Bush presidency?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Only time will tell, but if history repeats itself, the future will look at Bush like it has looked at most of our wartime pres's. They will hail him as a great leader who fought teh evils of the world. I say this because I have a feeling that the history books will say this and the future children will have no choice to learn it that way. The multiple choice question will go something like this:

Who was George W Bush?

A. The Actor who played Ross from the hit show Friends
B. The Author of Harry Potter
C. The president who led the war on terror and defeated the evil dictator, Sadam Hussein.

Hmmmmmm....I wonder which answer will be considered the correct one?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Allowing 9/11 to happen?...HE WAS IN OFFICE FOR 9 MONTHES....the same people hit us in 93...Clinton did dick...then again in Yemen...again...nothing done...Clinton had 8 years....so dont even use that defense...Hitler killed 6 million people..did Bush?...Hitler invade Europe....did Bush?...no...Bush got rid of a dictator who killed 300,000 of HIS OWN CITIZENS....dont even start a war over this...there is no comparison....

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
Allowing 9/11 to happen?...HE WAS IN OFFICE FOR 9 MONTHES....the same people hit us in 93...Clinton did dick...then again in Yemen...again...nothing done...Clinton had 8 years....so dont even use that defense...Hitler killed 6 million people..did Bush?...Hitler invade Europe....did Bush?...no...Bush got rid of a dictator who killed 300,000 of HIS OWN CITIZENS....dont even start a war over this...there is no comparison....

Who mentioned Clinton? Your whole country is #ed, its not my fault you haven't got a "good" party. HEY, if it makes you feel better, its the same in the UK, Tony Blair (# head) or Micheal Howard (# head). Exactly the same, # either way. The difference is, over here you don't see people so proud to be on the "right". In fact, no ones even proud of being on the lft anyomre either. But at least people are forming their own opinions for once.

Look at yourself: Keep worshiping a # head # like Bush and your letting your entire Nation for Generations to be subject to the whims of idiots. DONT #ING FDO IT! MAKE YOUR OWN MIND UP, DONT STICK UP FOR BUSH BECAUSE YOUR A PATRIOT! IF YOUR A REAL PATRIOT, SAND UP FOR YOUR FELLOW AMERICAN AND DEMAND CHANGE, DEMAND ANOTHER POSSIBILTY, not Bush or Democrats, demand more. Don't put up with Bush because you cant find better, because it hasnt worked in Brittain okay.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Wuvlove...how has he driven America into the ground?...Economy wise...most of it was Clintons doings (and 9/11)...thats why our economy was already on a downward path when clinton left and he took office...if you follow the countrys finances...we are on a upswing again...he's also took terrorist groups to war...and got the rest of the would to join him....another thing clinton never did...even though he promised to...just didnt have the stomach for all the hate Bush is now receiving for doing so...theres many things I dont like about the man...but he's done plenty good also...

First...we should wait till after his second term before we judge how he will be remembered...but if that doesnt happen...he will be remember as the man who helped out the country through 9/11...won the war on terrorism...and liberated the people of Iraq...mark my words....

Prove me wrong and we will talk.

Fair enough.. Lets start with the depression and your claim that Bush was handed a failing economy.

fintrend.com...

unfortunatly this only goes back to 1990 I would like to show one that goes back as far a the last 30 years. you will see that every election year there is a drop. This is due to the uncertanty in the market at the hand off of a presedency. Some are worse than others, Bush Sr. experianced a signifigant drop and it took him 3 years to bring it to an accaptable ammount just to drop again prior to the election of Clinton. Clinton got it at the tip of a spike and experianced a substantal drop in his first 5 months. you can also see how through the 8 years Clinton was in office there were a few drops but all in a steady rise.

2000 Bush takes office, there was a drop as it always happenes when you get a new president. However.. Bush did somehting that I have never heard a president say before. Just after taking office he made several public statements that the nation is headding for a depression and we have to weather though the turbulance ahead. He started out with a negative outlook on the market and by preaching doom of the market investers started to pannic, resulting in a plummiting drop of the market. the market was just starting to come back from the presidential change drop and Bush Hamstringed it with his own words.

Arround June-July of 2000 he had stopped talkign about how bad everything was going but by then the damage was done it was not untill about May of 2001 that the market started to recover then 9/11 happened. Not Bushes fault, the market crashed for obvious reasons.

Here is the turning point, Markets typicaly recover a loss in a matter of several months or maybe a year. Bush took the tragedy of 9/11 right after his self inflicted depression, and then with the support of the world we went after the terrorists responcible in Afganistan. Everyone supported this, noone had a problem, and the market started to rise again just after we began operations in Afganistan.

Then Bush took a sharp right turn and focused everything on Iraq, the market dropped again as we began to lose credibility with other nations.

Drops in the market are going to happen, as will it's climb back up. Major trends happen over the course of decades, however immediat trends that make up the severity of the major trends happen over the course of financial quarters. Bush has taken a simple downward trend that always happens and made it far worse with his policies and rhetoric of doom.

Wraith

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
He will be remembered as a non-elected president who is directly responsible for the pain and sorrow he has brought to the families of the men and women who died on 911 and the men and women who have died and continue to die needlessly in Iraq.

What do you think these families will remember about him?

Put your self in their shoes and then answer the question, how will Bush be remembered?

This heartless president-by-default will be long forgotten before he will ever be remembered!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
He will be remember as the president that stole the elections with the help of his brother.

He will also be remember as the president that never found the MWDs, and the president that said that Jesus talked to him.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
GW will be remembered as one of the most decisive and courageous Presidents in History. He will be remembered as the President who stood up in the face of terrorism and took the war to the terrorists and spared America from repeated terrorist attacks. He will be remembered as the President who liberated Iraq and imprisoned a brutal dictator. He will be remembered as the man who forced a brazen and arrogant bin Laden into hiding and afraid to show his face in public ever again and he very well may be remembered as the man who either had this monster killed or brought to justice.

When the hysterical rantings of those who can only find fault, who can only mock the character of those who stand resolutely in the face of opposition, who can only express themselves from the safety of anonymity, have been silenced, GW Bush will be remembered as one of the finest Presidents this nation has ever seen.

Bin Laden is probably at Bush's ranch in Texas. Afterall their families are very good friends!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Just perhaps as the president that helped begin WW3.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by wraith30

Wuvlove...how has he driven America into the ground?...Economy wise...most of it was Clintons doings (and 9/11)...thats why our economy was already on a downward path when clinton left and he took office...if you follow the countrys finances...we are on a upswing again...he's also took terrorist groups to war...and got the rest of the would to join him....another thing clinton never did...even though he promised to...just didnt have the stomach for all the hate Bush is now receiving for doing so...theres many things I dont like about the man...but he's done plenty good also...

First...we should wait till after his second term before we judge how he will be remembered...but if that doesnt happen...he will be remember as the man who helped out the country through 9/11...won the war on terrorism...and liberated the people of Iraq...mark my words....

Prove me wrong and we will talk.

Fair enough.. Lets start with the depression and your claim that Bush was handed a failing economy.

Drops in the market are going to happen, as will it's climb back up. Major trends happen over the course of decades, however immediat trends that make up the severity of the major trends happen over the course of financial quarters. Bush has taken a simple downward trend that always happens and made it far worse with his policies and rhetoric of doom.
Wraith

Was pulled off by work and was thining bout this while I was away...

Before I even bothered to read the reponces I am quite sure this will have been pointed out.. but I was off by a year..

Re reading my data, you are quite right, in the last year of Clinton the market took a sharp drop and Bush was indeed handed a market that was much lower than at the beginning of 2000.

I am not above admitting that I was wrong on that acount.

I do however stand by the rest of what I said about how bush handedled that drop and the following drops in the markets.

My apologies for my oversight.

Wraith

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

he's also took terrorist groups to war...and got the rest of the would to join him....another thing clinton never did...even though he promised to

This is not about Clinton, Clinton is gone, thus you have nowhere to stand an argument there.

Bush did go after the Al Quaida terrorsts when we went into Afganistan.. and I supported that and so did the rest of the world. However... Then Bush went on a personal crusaide agaist Iraq, who had nothing to do with 9/11. Infact the only real established connection between Iraq and OBL is the fact that back in the late 80's OBL went to the Saudi government and asked them to not let the USA get involved with Iraq invading Kuwait and that OBL and his boys would destroy Sadam and his Infidells. It is because the Saudie had us go into Muslim land to remove Sadam from Kuwait that OBL got pissed at us. So if you want to blame anyone in the past for OBL blame Regan or Bush the first.

By Bush going into Iraq without the support of the unified Europe he has created a peatry dish in the middle east ripe to grow more terrorist groups than ever before.

You cannot stamp out Terrorism it has existed as long as there has been warring tribes of people. You can controle it, you can slow it down, and you can buy it off. However you will never ever be rid of it so long as there are organized civilizations.

Wraith

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
i agree with marg6043..

(can anyone tell me what ats points do?)

GD

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Bush will have done more damage to our contry and will be labled as easily the presedent with the lowest IQ in history. Yet will likly eventualy have a university named after him.

wraith

He graduated from an Ivy League school. Where did you graduate from. Do you know the president's IQ? No you don't. I'd love to compare it to yours.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
GD...here is some things I have found. He was an underachiever at Yale, but he took over the normal course load while in college, so that may account for that. Link is here:

www.yaledailynews.com...

Here is another good one about his education, and he did have a C average, that even he himself admits:

fuller.mit.edu...

As far as his IQ is concerned I could only find this, although the story seems to be fabricated as can be seen in the second link:

www.linkydinky.com...

www.snopes.com...

[edit on 2-9-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Jazzerman,

You know that in "America" if you have money and power you can get a degree from any high profile Uniersity and be a president.

I wonder how well his daughters did in college.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by GD

Bush will have done more damage to our contry and will be labled as easily the presedent with the lowest IQ in history. Yet will likly eventualy have a university named after him.

wraith

He graduated from an Ivy League school. Where did you graduate from. Do you know the president's IQ? No you don't. I'd love to compare it to yours.

Univeristy of Maryland Theater Design with a 3.26 average, not the best but a solid B. Unfortunatly I had to pay my own way though school, my rich daddy didn't hold my hand through my 30's. I also worked my butt off since I was 16 to pay for that education and did not have to wait till my mid 30's to have my Daddy buy my way onto the board of the SNL Banks which soon after were ran into the ground, or then have a baseball team be bought for me which was then run into the ground.

I too would love to compair his IQ to mine, I only wish we had a president with an IQ as high as mine. Maybe then we woulden't have to listen to the painfull Bushisms that are out there. He needs to go eat annother bag of Pretzels.

Wraith

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join