It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will History remember the Bush presidency?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
There have been scandals, corruption, and attempts to overt the Constitution and laws of the USA throughout presidential history. One of the first was John Adams and the XYZ affair. Warren Harding's presidency was heavily damaged by such acts as The Teapot Dome scandal, which was mainly due to the people he associated with and the corruption underneath him. Nixon's Watergate, the Clinton sex scandal, the Iran-Contra affair, have all played into the minset of Americans. Many of these presidents are remembered more for the bad than the good as more information and historical research has revealed the depths of the scandals. Many bought Clinton's book My Life just to read the section about Monica, and his presidency will always be scared because of that.

So, how do you think Mr. George W. Bush will be remembered? Will he be a president that people will look back on and NOT associate his name with corruption and scandals? Or, will he be another catalyst for BLAME?

[edit on 5-9-2004 by Jazzerman]

GD

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
He will be remembered as the man that won the Global War on Terror. He will be remembered as a decent and honest man. He will be remembered for the "We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail" speech. He will be remembered for standing amongst the rubble of the World Trade Center, and putting the world on notice that it was no longer business as usual.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I think that it will be a matter of perception.. Much like Regan Bush will be Diafied by those who supported him and hated by those who did not.

Keep in mind that Regan is thought to be this great and wonderful presendent who's policies brought down the wall and the blam of the Iran Contra affair went mostly onto poindexter. Regan fired all of the air traffic controllers when they went on strike and then gets an Airport named after him. Somehow Regan became more important than George Washington.

For those of you who missed it, Washington National was actualy George Washington National because most of the land that the Airport is on was once part of the Mt Vernon Plantation.

Bush will have done more damage to our contry and will be labled as easily the presedent with the lowest IQ in history. Yet will likly eventualy have a university named after him.

wraith

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Much in the same way as history remembers Ceasar before declaring himself Emporer...
Emporer Bush....now that's a scary thought!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD
He will be remembered as the man that won the Global War on Terror. He will be remembered as a decent and honest man. He will be remembered for the "We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail" speech. He will be remembered for standing amongst the rubble of the World Trade Center, and putting the world on notice that it was no longer business as usual.

He will be remeberd as the president who almost was assassinated by a pretzel.

wraith

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Bush will be remembered as the President who led us into war on false pretenses. The president who was out to solve personal vendettas and put our soldiers at risk for that sole purpose. The president who destroyed our economy and divided our country. He will not be a "memorable" president. This is just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
First...we should wait till after his second term before we judge how he will be remembered...but if that doesnt happen...he will be remember as the man who helped out the country through 9/11...won the war on terrorism...and liberated the people of Iraq...mark my words....

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
First...we should wait till after his second term before we judge how he will be remembered...but if that doesnt happen...he will be remember as the man who helped out the country through 9/11...won the war on terrorism...and liberated the people of Iraq...mark my words....

Unfortunately I believe you may be correct about his second term. GOD HELP OUR COUNTRY!!!! However, the war aside, what has he done for our country besides run it into the ground? Please tell me. Maybe you can change my opinion about him. I am open minded

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Bush will be remembered as the 2-term President who stood up to the evil of Islamic terrorism.

Bush will be revered.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
GWB will be placed with Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Reagan in the halls of Presidental Greatness, I have no doubt about it!

I have a fondness in my heart for Reagan he was the President of the 20th century,

GWB will be the President of this new century, as the President who free the world from terrorism and made the world a safer place to live.

john

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Wuvlove...how has he driven America into the ground?...Economy wise...most of it was Clintons doings (and 9/11)...thats why our economy was already on a downward path when clinton left and he took office...if you follow the countrys finances...we are on a upswing again...he's also took terrorist groups to war...and got the rest of the would to join him....another thing clinton never did...even though he promised to...just didnt have the stomach for all the hate Bush is now receiving for doing so...theres many things I dont like about the man...but he's done plenty good also...

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Boy George will be known as the man who gutted the Constitution under the guise of protecting our nation. His entire presidency will be a black mark on our countries history.

This era will also demonstrate how an entire nation was hijacked by a group of Born Again Hillbillies duped into voting for W Bush by Oil interests. Additionally this presidency will demonstrate how critical analysis is not valued by our citizenry and how simple it is to placate us (and steal an election!) through TV, partisan journalism and jingoism. Situational ethics, fabricated truth and bigotted attitutes are the hallmarks of this era.

Americans will be proven to be no more vigilant or self observant then German citizens were during the rise of the Nazi party.

Brickbats are the only way to respond to this type of mentality.

War is Peace.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Bush will be remembered as the man who was in charge when 9/11 was allowed to happen. He will be remembered as the man who finally broke the economy's back by raising the national debt to unprecedented levels and increasing the size of the federal government more than any other president save LBJ. He will be remembered as the man who squandered the goodwill of the world when America needed it most. He will be remembered as the man who lied to the country in order to promote an unnessecary war in Iraq. He will be remembered as making America less secure by enraging the muslim world. He will be remembered as the man who ruined the work of the Clinton administration in finding a solution to the problems of North Korea and Israel/Palestine. He will be remembered as the man who encouraged the abuses at Abu Ghraib and elsewhere by rejecting the Geneva Conventions.

And most importantly, he will be remembered for subverting the Constitution of the US and defacing our national ideals at Guantanamo Bay.

-koji K.

[edit on 1-9-2004 by koji_K]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
GWB will be placed with Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Reagan in the halls of Presidental Greatness, I have no doubt about it!

I have a fondness in my heart for Reagan he was the President of the 20th century,

GWB will be the President of this new century, as the President who free the world from terrorism and made the world a safer place to live.

john

Wuvlove...how has he driven America into the ground?...Economy wise...most of it was Clintons doings (and 9/11)...thats why our economy was already on a downward path when clinton left and he took office...if you follow the countrys finances...we are on a upswing again...he's also took terrorist groups to war...and got the rest of the would to join him....another thing clinton never did...even though he promised to...just didnt have the stomach for all the hate Bush is now receiving for doing so...theres many things I dont like about the man...but he's done plenty good also...

You honestly believe what you write don't you?

...... Amazing.... simply dumbfounding... I am honestly stunned... I have spoken with people about why tehy support Bush and I am absolutly astonished at how seemingly inteligent, versitale, well spoken people still support Bush as if he can do no wrong.

There is no point to a debate with such blind devotion.

Wraith

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
GWB,

Remembered for his excellent 8 years in office.
Actually DOING something about terrorism.

The president that didn't allow the country to sink into a depression
after inheriting a faltering economy, then the 9-11 attacks.

He will be remembered for defeating that guy....whats his name..?
John Kerry, yes THAT guy....WHO won't really be remembered directly
But who's name will become part of the English Lexicon...

The word KERRYISM, will replace the term OXY-MORON.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by wraith30
You honestly believe what you write don't you?

...... Amazing.... simply dumbfounding... I am honestly stunned... I have spoken with people about why tehy support Bush and I am absolutly astonished at how seemingly inteligent, versitale, well spoken people still support Bush as if he can do no wrong.

There is no point to a debate with such blind devotion.

Wraith

I havent been proven otherwise yet...disprove anything Ive said...and we'll talk....

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
He will be remembered in much the same way as Hitler was remembered, If our future generations have any sense

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
people love to make these hitler comparisons w/o any basis for them...its just "cool" to do so....

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
GW will be remembered as one of the most decisive and courageous Presidents in History. He will be remembered as the President who stood up in the face of terrorism and took the war to the terrorists and spared America from repeated terrorist attacks. He will be remembered as the President who liberated Iraq and imprisoned a brutal dictator. He will be remembered as the man who forced a brazen and arrogant bin Laden into hiding and afraid to show his face in public ever again and he very well may be remembered as the man who either had this monster killed or brought to justice.

When the hysterical rantings of those who can only find fault, who can only mock the character of those who stand resolutely in the face of opposition, who can only express themselves from the safety of anonymity, have been silenced, GW Bush will be remembered as one of the finest Presidents this nation has ever seen.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
people love to make these hitler comparisons w/o any basis for them...its just "cool" to do so....

I have no idea what you consider is cool, nor what is cool about Hitler comparisons.

I do however, think that sending inocent men into a needless war, promoting every piece of commercial ransacking and robbery, using violent and oppresive means to disperse of opposers, being thick as #, bringing Terrorism to an all time high, allowing 9/11 to happen, looking like a momkey and being a general PILWIT, is reason enough to call DumBush a Penis.

As im sure you'll agree

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join